OS X Cannot open kodi 17 on mac
thank you rechi. problem solved!
I'v got the same problem. but if i switch to a different user kodi opens with no problem.
Thank you Rechi. Your link solved my issue.
I know the problem is Addons20 but I cannot find the file to delete it. When I go in the Application library folder there is no Kodi folder or XMBC folder. What should I do? I'm stuck!
(2017-07-10, 02:53)robin203 Wrote: I know the problem is Addons20 but I cannot find the file to delete it. When I go in the Application library folder there is no Kodi folder or XMBC folder. What should I do? I'm stuck!

You need the "Application Support" folder inside of the (possibly hidden) "Library" folder, not the "Applications" folder in the root of the drive.
I am not showing a library folder, so I'm guessing it's hidden. How do I unhide it?
(2017-07-10, 16:53)runningnaked Wrote:
(2017-07-10, 02:53)robin203 Wrote: I know the problem is Addons20 but I cannot find the file to delete it. When I go in the Application library folder there is no Kodi folder or XMBC folder. What should I do? I'm stuck!

You need the "Application Support" folder inside of the (possibly hidden) "Library" folder, not the "Applications" folder in the root of the drive.
(2017-08-10, 01:01)4kaz Wrote: I am not showing a library folder, so I'm guessing it's hidden. How do I unhide it?

I forgot how I set mine to always show, but in order to get into the Library folder right now:
  • In Finder, click on the Go menu
  • While the menu is displayed, hold down the alt (option) key
  • Library should appear in the menu now; click on it

That will open up your Library folder. From there, navigate into Application Support, and then from there into the Kodi folder. Once inside the Kodi folder, go into the "userdata" folder, and finally into the "Database" folder. The Addons20.db file should be inside there.
(2017-02-20, 13:41)deekeylock Wrote: I got it to work guys. I just went on finder, go to folder and copied and pasted this /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata and enter (obviously change the your user name to your name) then click on database and then delete addons20 and addons26. Then reopen kodi and it should launch.

ok.  I am a novice at this.  I got in to Finder and "open folder??"  What folder??  and then copy and paste and enter and........whaaaaaat?
(2017-02-20, 13:41)deekeylock Wrote: I got it to work guys. I just went on finder, go to folder and copied and pasted this /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata and enter (obviously change the your user name to your name) then click on database and then delete addons20 and addons26. Then reopen kodi and it should launch.
Worked for me..  Thanks you..  You're a boss.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot open kodi 17 on mac0