Bug "Error opening File for Writing: C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi\d3dcompiler_47.dll"
I'm trying to install the new kodi-17.0-Krypton on win 10 pro and I keep getting the error

"Error opening File for Writing: C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi\d3dcompiler_47.dll"

The installer erased my old install then poped(s) this error within seconds. I cannot find my old install via Add Remove or in Programs.
Which ever location you grabbed Kodi from (store vs link at top left) grab it again from the other. Do a fresh install as per instructions in my sig. This could be permission issue and check that your virus checker isn't spoiling the show.
(2017-02-07, 03:52)PatK Wrote: Which ever location you grabbed Kodi from (store vs link at top left) grab it again from the other. Do a fresh install as per instructions in my sig. This could be permission issue and check that your virus checker isn't spoiling the show.

Manual erasure of all leftover Kodi files seems to have solved the issue. I turned off my Antivirus just in case too. Thanks.
Lol, I had this error too. Here's a hint... close kodi before attempting to install the updated version. Duh! I tried for an hour before I realized it was running. Oh yeah, be sure to right click and run as administrator as well. Worked like a charm after fixing these "ID-10-T" errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Error opening File for Writing: C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi\d3dcompiler_47.dll"0