install kodi 16 jarvis on ubuntu -dts audio options dissapeared-
I have done a fresh ubuntu 16.04 install and want to add Kodi jarvis.

Now the've released Kodi 17 and I don't know which commands I need to install Kodi 16 and not 17.

Anyone who can help me with this ?
There are instructions on the wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

At present the stable ppa still has 16.1 (which is what you want).

However it will update shortly, so I would disable the ppa after you install, if you want to stick to 16.1.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And how can I disable a ppa ?
Tried to install it from the stable ppa, but I get an error about something about nightly build 18.0 instead of 16.1

I 've looked in the software sources and removed all sources from Kodi or xbmc but it keeps saying 18.0 will be installed instead of 16.1 and then it stops.
You must have the nightly ppa installed - you need to remove that (& also the 'unstable' ppa if you have that installed) so that only the 'stable' ppa is installed

See section 1.4 of the wiki link above on removing those ppa's.

As nickr suggests better be quick as the ppa will (hopefully) update soon here to Krypton release.
I managed to do a fresh Kodi jarvis installation.

So far so good.

But after the fresh install my DTS, passtrough and other options dissapeared from the audio settings menu.

On my earlier jarvis I had these settings and played dts over hdmi to my amplifier.

What have I done wrong or do I forget ?
Turn settings to expert.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
First thing I checked today, and as embarrassing as it can be, it was on standard settings.........

I double checked everything except for that.
It's OK, there have been way more embarrassing things posted ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
install kodi 16 jarvis on ubuntu -dts audio options dissapeared-0