XBMC for Xbox and eBay?
Question 
XBMC on Xbox is not a version of Linux. Not sure where you got those facts from.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
same place you got your statistic.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nice one Smile

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
tslayer Wrote:XBMC on Xbox is not a version of Linux. Not sure where you got those facts from.

Oops.

You're right on that one. I remember reading that it is like Linux, but it may not have said that it is Linux.
It is nothing like Linux.

What you read is that there is a Linux Port of XBMC. That one has no legal ramifications.

But that is not the case with the Xbox version as it has to be compiled with the XDK.

kondspi Wrote:Quite recently, I posted one of my Xboxes on eBay to get a few bucks. As an inducement to the buyer, I softmodded the system with a basic copy of XBMC.

"Inducement to the buyer" Yeah that doesn't sound very likely. Try selling it without XBMC instead, but inform them that this device can be soft or hardmodded

The Xbox binary you put on it is actually illegal since you nor the buyer does not own the XDK rights. Futhermore a softmod contains a hacked Microsoft BIOS is also illegal - so I guess they have every right to pull your auktion. Sorry dude
Niether are you allowed to charge for free software, if it was a legal version then you may only change for the service you provide to install the free software.

However it in this case it is moot anyway; XBMC for Xbox is not Linux nor is it running under Linux on the Xbox! XBMC for Linux has nothing what so ever to do with Linux, XBMC for the Xbox is a native Xbox application and requires Microsoft XDK to be compiled, and you may not sell non Microsoft approved XDK compiled software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Xbox and eBay?0