Last build that worked?
I know they're doing tons of work both on the Linux port and on getting XBMC going on the Mac, so it's totally understandable that HEAD and the last bunch of builds are broken on Linux (Surface.cpp, xbmc-xrander.c, etc). Does anyone know the last working Linux revision number?

Thanks
-b
They have all been compiling.

Make sure that you have all required libraries as mentioned in README.LINUX

If HEAD still does not compile, post the error message you get during compilation.
last one I tried was rev 11314 and it was fine
Friend had issues with Xrandr - didn't have right library installed. Several have run into that actually and when he SEARCHED he figured it out too. Compiles for me right now fine, did it an hour ago. Building 1138 now just to check.... built successfully.
I also cannot compile xbmc at the moment (last few days)

I checked if I've got all the packages mentioned in README.linux but the build process terminates with error:

xbmc/utils/KaiRequestList.o: In function `CKaiRequestList::~CKaiRequestList()':
KaiRequestList.cppSad.text+0xe19): undefined reference to `DeleteCriticalSection(CXHandle*)'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/koxi/XBMC'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

(collect2: ld returned 1 as exit status)

Hopefully there is only a small problem and somebody can help me Smile
Did you try deleting the source tree and starting over the beginning, retaining your Userdata directory?
Thank for the tipp.

I only updated the svn all the time. I made a make clean, but I think this wasn't enough.

Now after deleting the whole repo and checking it out fresh it worked.

tnx
Koxi Wrote:Thank for the tipp.

I only updated the svn all the time. I made a make clean, but I think this wasn't enough.

Now after deleting the whole repo and checking it out fresh it worked.

tnx

If you are doing it manually you will often need to do
make clean
./configure
make
which often isn't enough :/. sometimes you have to clean out all .o files in the build tree. (our make system isn't the best)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last build that worked?0