The logic and future of Music scrapers?
(2017-02-15, 16:12)DaveBlake Wrote:
Quote:while testing things i found out there is a very popular skin helper addon in our repo that is also making a lot of calls to musicbrainz
when you are scraping your music collection.
if you have this addon installed (it's a dependency of many skins) you're very likely to end up with many items that failed to scrape (due to throttling), as the addon is basically doubling up the number of calls to musicbrainz.
Oh dear! What is it fetching? Does it do it even when we have mbid from tags? Could we look at optimising that too?

i don't know. when an annoying addon gets in my way, i simply delete it from my system :-)
will notify the addon dev about the issue though.

(2017-02-15, 16:12)DaveBlake Wrote: Not sure why you pointed at the code that you did, and think you may have misread? The code is about what we do with the data we have scraped, (correctly) managing what data derrived from tags gets overwritten.
When calling the scraper here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/99c25f....cpp#L1097
and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/99c25f....cpp#L1319
we use the mbid from tags when we have it.

my comment isn't about mbid's from your tags, but about the artist mbid that the album scraper will return.
currently it gets discarded, unless you enable 'prefer online info'.

the two code blocks i'm referring to prevent the artist mbid from the album scraper to be passed along to the artist scraper.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The logic of Music scrapers? - by ronie - 2017-02-08, 00:14
RE: The logic of Music scrapers? - by jjd-uk - 2017-02-08, 11:23
RE: The logic of Music scrapers? - by ronie - 2017-02-13, 03:04
RE: The logic and future of Music scrapers? - by ronie - 2017-02-15, 17:28
RE: The logic of Music scrapers? - by ronie - 2017-02-13, 03:12
RE: The logic of Music scrapers? - by ronie - 2017-02-13, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The logic and future of Music scrapers?0