Inconsistency with Various artists
OK cool. Is there any way I can hack the existing version at all? Also, still wondering if there's a folder hack which means I could re-import and that would work. Might try on Monday with folder links and see if that has the desired effect.
Thanks so much for your help on this. At least your PR has user backing now Smile
(2017-02-10, 20:15)martinconroy Wrote: OK cool. Is there any way I can hack the existing version at all?
How good are you at hacking? Do your own builds from Git source? In that case you could apply my old PR as a patch and see what happens.

It is better for me to spend time moving forwards, and although the SQL from that PR is right, the archtectureal aspects of the implementation isn't the best. I need to take those ideas and wrap them in a better redesign of how Kodi constructs queries. I will get back to that because it matters to me, but other work and fixes have intervened, I also need some distance to reconsider the design from a different angle.

But having said all that, sure you can have my code to play with if you have the skills (and time and interest) to do so. But if you do then I am going to suck you in to even more Kodi work, so be warned Smile
(2017-02-10, 20:27)DaveBlake Wrote: How good are you at hacking? Do your own builds from Git source? In that case you could apply my old PR as a patch and see what happens.

Not ever tried. At a quick glance doesn't look to be the simplest of things, but I'll try and find a bit of time to learn how - could be useful!

(2017-02-10, 20:27)DaveBlake Wrote: But having said all that, sure you can have my code to play with if you have the skills (and time and interest) to do so. But if you do then I am going to suck you in to even more Kodi work, so be warned Smile

If I achieve the above then that would be great. Always happy to contribute, though I'm a far better ideas man than programmer!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inconsistency with Various artists0