[krypton]Fullscreen/Windowed mode problem
I have the same problem. No desktop environment, compositor, etc -- just using Fluxbox on Xorg.

Toggling to windowed mode works, but the window is maximized. If I unmaximize it, it doesn't revert to the size I had specified, but rather some odd size with a rather wide aspect ratio.
Obviously an older but not resolved bug:

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17062

Created a new ticket and hope that it will be resolved in 17.2 ...

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17426
Discovered, that changing from fullscreen to windowed mode works, if you don't use kodi command Alt+Gr+\, but window manger hot keys !

For XFCE - (check key bindings in window settings), "Alt + F11" switches between fullscreen and windowed. If you resize the window, switching restores the window correctly ..
Can confirm, using window manager hot key to minimize/maximize does restore the window size correctly.
(2017-04-05, 13:16)jingai Wrote: Can confirm, using window manager hot key to minimize/maximize does restore the window size correctly.

Unfortunately not as perfect as the "working" kodi command .. after reboot the window size is maximized again, but changing works .. and for me it's at least a work around 'cause kodis switch didn't work at all ..
(2017-04-05, 12:11)TheMechanist Wrote: Discovered, that changing from fullscreen to windowed mode works, if you don't use kodi command Alt+Gr+\, but window manger hot keys !

For XFCE - (check key bindings in window settings), "Alt + F11" switches between fullscreen and windowed. If you resize the window, switching restores the window correctly ..

Please, also add this info to the Trac bug ticket. Thanks!
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
(2017-04-06, 07:40)arnova Wrote: Please, also add this info to the Trac bug ticket. Thanks!

Done =b !
Is it possible to create a mouse action for Kodi at ~.kodi/userdata/keymaps, let's say middle mouse button click, to make it (in my case) as Alt+F11? So that if I click my middle mouse button in Kodi, it makes the action of window manger's hot keys Alt+F11 for full screen / windowed?
If so, what should I put there?

Right now I have a .xml file there that sets my middle mouse button as a full screen / windowed hot key but it makes the action of "\":

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<click id="2">togglefullscreen</click>
</mouse>
</global>
</keymap>

How can I make that change?
Ok I was able to do it using Easystroke Gesture Recognition, set in there a specific action for Kodi.
This is a fix for the issue in Openbox by editing the file "rc.xml" (or "___-rc.xml" in some distros, i.e. "lxde-rc.xml").

Edit the file ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml and inside <applications></applications> insert this:

Code:
<applications>
      <application name="Kodi" class="Kodi" title="Kodi" type="normal">
          <layer>above</layer><!-- make Kodi window always on top (if you don't wan't it just delete the line or change from "above" to "normal") -->
          <position><!-- this is the exact position on the screen that I want my Kodi window to start at, change it according to your needs -->
              <x>682</x>
              <y>84</y>
              <width>664</width><!-- this is the exact size that I want for my Kodi window to always start at, change it according to your needs -->
              <height>372</height>
       </position>
      <popupPosition>Fixed</popupPosition><!-- this will force the fixed position of Kodi window, change it according to your needs -->
      <popupFixedPosition>
              <x>682</x>
              <y>84</y>
      </popupFixedPosition>
    </application>
  </applications>

All the settings are explained inside the code, change them according to your needs. With this you can use "\" and switching between fullscreen and windowed mode will no longer get you a fullsized window.

For easily finding out the exact coordinates and size of your desired Kodi window just run Kodi, set the Kodi window just has you want it always to be, open the terminal, type the command:
Code:
xwininfo
and then click on Kodi window. You'll then be shown on the terminal all you need: coordinates and measures of the window.

If you need to find the class, name, role, title and type parameters just run Kodi, run this command on the terminal:
Code:
obxprop | grep "^_OB_APP"
and then click on Kodi window. You'll then be shown on the terminal those parameters.
If you guys want to get this issue progressed then you're going to have start providing some information on your systems such as what make & model of GPU you have? what CPU? how much memory? what Linux distro and the version.

Could you all also provide debug log_file (wiki) for a session where you recreate the problem.
I turned on every event log I could find in Kodi setings, here's the log: https://pastebin.com/raw/sErtXWFc
I believe it has all my HW and OS info in there.

EDIT: Laptop ASUS X55U-SX038H, here are the full specs running the command inxi -F:
Code:
System:    Host: pemartins-X55U Kernel: 4.8.0-53-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: N/A Distro: Peppermint Eight
Machine:   Mobo: ASUSTeK model: X55U v: 1.0 Bios: American Megatrends v: X55U.423 date: 08/06/2013
CPU:       Dual core AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (-MCP-) cache: 1024 KB
           clock speeds: max: 1700 MHz 1: 1700 MHz 2: 1700 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 7340]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 driver: radeon Resolution: [email protected]
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PALM (DRM 2.46.0 / 4.8.0-53-generic, LLVM 4.0.0)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.2
Audio:     Card-1 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] FCH Azalia Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-2 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Wrestler HDMI Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.8.0-53-generic
Network:   Card-1: Ralink RT5390 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe driver: rt2800pci
           IF: wlp1s0 state: up mac: 84:4b:f5:75:f3:68
           Card-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet driver: alx
           IF: enp2s0 state: down mac: 50:46:5d:9b:53:4a
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (14.8% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: ST500LM012_HN size: 500.1GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 85G used: 57G (70%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda5
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 3.85GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda6
RAID:      No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 78.0C mobo: N/A gpu: 76.0
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 4100
Info:      Processes: 183 Uptime: 6:56 Memory: 1361.5/3534.9MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35

EDIT 2: I just remembered I had made a gif of this issue happening, it's here: http://i.imgur.com/ZEoKAZX.gifv

So I start Kodi, it's windowed. When I press \ it goes full screen, all is ok and as expected.
But then I press \ again so Kodi should be back to windowed mode, back to the same window place and size as it was before, but it doesn't. Instead it goes to maximised window.
Again I press \ and it goes full screen, once again doing what was expected.
But as I press \ again to come out of full screen mode and to windowed mode, again all I get is the maximised window.

So it doesn't remember the windowed place and size.

@jjd-uk thank you very much for your help and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Seems like this maybe fixed, if you are able to compile for yourself this has been merged into Master https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12308 this is also a Krypton branch backport not yet merged https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12309

Could someone confirm this fixes the reported problems here?
I would be happy to test it but I understood nothing of about 80% of what you wrote... I don't have the knowledge, not even close by a thousand miles...
If there is a deb file or something alike I'll test it for sure.
@jjd-uk: Just tried with master but it's still broken Sad
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[krypton]Fullscreen/Windowed mode problem2