v17 tvheadend broken?
Hi before people starting bashing... my Tvheadend backend and frontend (thru kodi 16) worked flawlessly - Hence I am 100% sure my setup is correct. I have other installations of KODI 16 boxes that work very well! Hence this is 100% KODI 17 issue!

From my memory, the way you enable the Tvheadend client is to
1. ENABLE LIVE TV in Kodi under settings
2. Install ADDON TVheadend client & configure it!!!

I have learned that for KODI 17 step 1 above is not necessary - the TV is enabled so long as any one PVR client is enabled! (I do not see anything in settings to enable TV as well)

Well I configure the TVheadend client in KODI but I am unable to click on the "RUN" button - this button is greyed out!!! Has anybody encountered such problems?
(2017-02-08, 17:45)vskatusa Wrote: Hi before people starting bashing... my Tvheadend backend and frontend (thru kodi 16) worked flawlessly - Hence I am 100% sure my setup is correct. I have other installations of KODI 16 boxes that work very well! Hence this is 100% KODI 17 issue!

From my memory, the way you enable the Tvheadend client is to
1. ENABLE LIVE TV in Kodi under settings
2. Install ADDON TVheadend client & configure it!!!

I have learned that for KODI 17 step 1 above is not necessary - the TV is enabled so long as any one PVR client is enabled! (I do not see anything in settings to enable TV as well)

Well I configure the TVheadend client in KODI but I am unable to click on the "RUN" button - this button is greyed out!!! Has anybody encountered such problems?

I've never had to click on a RUN button in my TV Headend PVR Client config in Kodi. I have a feeling it's not relevant for TV Headend use. My TV Headend client (3.4.13) is running fine even with the RUN button greyed out.

I compiled my TV Headend back-end from github last week (and am running 4.1-2415~ge5f5a42 as a result), and installed a 7.9.5.1 RC of LibreElec, which has Krypton, and it 'just worked', once I installed the PVR client from the LibreElec repo, entered my TV Headend servers IP address, login and password in the Configure section and saved it. I think the client then warns you it will need to do a restart. When it has, a TV option appears in Estuary (assuming you are running the default skin - always best when doing config) One thing is that it is now TV, not Live TV as I think it was called in Kodi 16 + Confluence?
Have I understood you right? I need to install / enable client LibreElec in Kodi 17 instead of TVHeadend client? Will LibreElec work with any version of TVHeadend as a backend?
(2017-02-08, 18:39)vskatusa Wrote: Have I understood you right? I need to install / enable client LibreElec in Kodi 17 instead of TVHeadend client? Will LibreElec work with any version of TVHeadend as a backend?

No - you've misunderstood.

I run Kodi under LibreElec - which is a small cut-down Linux+Kodi set-up. (It's kind of replaced OpenElec for most of us after LibreElec split from OpenElec)

If you aren't running LibreElec, or OpenElec, and instead are running Kodi in Windows, MacOS/OS X or another Linux operating system - then the LibreElec specific stuff won't be relevant, and you'll install the PVR client from another repo I guess.

However - I've not had to click on the Run button in MacOS or Windows when I've added the TV Headend PVR Client add-on either.

It might be worth you providing more details of your set-up so we can advise :

What OS are you running?
What TV Headend build are you running? Is this on the same machine as Kodi or a different one?
What version of Kodi are you running?
Everything is working fine now....I did not ENABLE the client !!! Looks foolish! Sorry all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvheadend broken?0