v17 Cannot Hide Menu Tabs on Kodi v17
Hi there,

i am very satisfied using mimic on my raspberry B with raspbmc and today i received my new rasbperry 3 b, installed OSMC and updated to latest kodi version (which is v17).

Unfortunately i cannot see any way how to hide/disable menu tabs like "music videos".

On my old raspberry B i could just disable each of the menu tabs through skin settings but now this option is gone or not visible.

Did i miss something here or can anyone help me how to configure my menu and hide tabs?

Thank you very much! Big Grin
The options are in the context menu now, just highlight a menu item and press "i".

I mean press the letter "c"
(2017-02-08, 19:48)braz Wrote: The options are in the context menu now, just highlight a menu item and press "i".

Hello and thank you for your quick response!

However nothing happens when i tap the button "i" after i highlight an item in the main menu, nor in menu "skin settings".

What am i doing wrong here?
You have to do it from the skin shortcuts management dialog. You can access it from skin settings, it's the first button under the Home category.
I think you mean the letter C instead of the letter I?
(2017-02-08, 20:47)willemd Wrote: I think you mean the letter C instead of the letter I?
Oh yeah, you're right. Smile Thanks for correcting.
But for those of us who are using regular TV remote controls this diesn't work for some reason.

I used Keymap editor to map a key to Context Menu and i get a blank menu.

Skin Backup and Restore does nothing, so I am currently logged via SSH and editing by hand.

I thought the previous way of editing the menu was easy to use and I understand that you weren't happy with the code design, but from a user point of view, it just worked.
Does a long press work to bring up the context menu?
Somehow it is now working ... sorry i guess it was something wrong my end. No need for long press. Thanks for the quick response.

I had the menu i wanted which is very cut down as I only use Kodi for Live TV and a couple of TV Catchup Addons .. then tried some other skin (Titan) and it overwrote the menu somehow .. then when i loaded up Mimic I had your default menu ..

I backed up the script.skinshortcuts folder now so i can easily get back if mess it up again Smile

Great Skin .. great stuff!
(2017-02-08, 23:54)AnafternoonAlone Wrote: Somehow it is now working ... sorry i guess it was something wrong my end. No need for long press. Thanks for the quick response.

I had the menu i wanted which is very cut down as I only use Kodi for Live TV and a couple of TV Catchup Addons .. then tried some other skin (Titan) and it overwrote the menu somehow .. then when i loaded up Mimic I had your default menu ..

I backed up the script.skinshortcuts folder now so i can easily get back if mess it up again Smile

Great Skin .. great stuff!
Great, glad it's working. Yeah, you have to be careful about installing Titan if you use other skins that implement skin shortcuts. I'm kind of surprised it is allowed in the Kodi repo with code that deletes the user's shared menu.
Photo 
Hi Braz,

thanks for helping, now i could hide the menu tab.

One additional question:

On my old Raspberry P i have setup the mimic home screen to horizontal menu, so that the current selected menu tab was centered on screen with all submenu tabs below.

Now the selected menu tab is uncentered and without submenus.

Here i have taken 2 pictures to show you the difference:

watch gallery

watch gallery

Can you please tell me where to change this setting so that all submenus are being shown automatically in horizontal home screen?

Thanks Braz!
(2017-02-09, 14:04)divairson Wrote: Hi Braz,

thanks for helping, now i could hide the menu tab.

One additional question:

On my old Raspberry P i have setup the mimic home screen to horizontal menu, so that the current selected menu tab was centered on screen with all submenu tabs below.

Now the selected menu tab is uncentered and without submenus.

Here i have taken 2 pictures to show you the difference:

watch gallery

watch gallery

Can you please tell me where to change this setting so that all submenus are being shown automatically in horizontal home screen?

Thanks Braz!
Those options for the home screen were removed, it was completely redesigned for Mimic 5.
Thank you for your fast response braz!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Hide Menu Tabs on Kodi v170