Question about builds and boxes
Hi guys I've been a member for a while now but not posted anything before.

I've found this site very informative and YouTube mainly as watching videos on how to do things I find easier.

Now my question is about builds mainly, now I've been using kodi for about 2 years now and I know that streaming isn't illegal but what about builds? I do builds and I offer my builds for free giving a link to where to get my wizard and install. I've learned how to make wizards and builds and even dabbled in making addons so in a good way I'm learning about coding.

Now I admit I've sold about 6 boxes to friends with very little profit (only as people say get me one) but I've recently found out about people in a spot of bother for selling fully loaded android boxes. I use Raspberry Pi's as I found them to work really well. Now I've searched here and there for information regarding this and I'm unclear so I'm after some advice on if I'm ok to carry on or not.

I hope so as I enjoy doing builds and really enjoy using kodi myself.

Oh and another question regarding Jarvis as I've only just started using Jarvis at christmas due to mainly playing with Isengard. I've seen loads of customised peoples intro videos and so I've added my build name onto the intro video under your logo name kodi. I think it looks great but I wouldn't want to piss anyone off, it just shows that its a pkr build.

Before anybody judges me and slates me off or anything, just remember I contacted you so be gentle.
You need to read the Official:Trademark Policy (wiki). By supplying builds with addons in our name you are violating it and action could theoretically be taken as a result. If you are redistributing then all traces of the Kodi name and logo just be removed, as detailed in the link.

Also any inclusion of banned addons (wiki) are very frowned upon and are more likely to lead to issues.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
OK I will read it and deal with it accordingly, I've looked at your banned addons link theres a lot in there, is that list just for the forum discussion?
No its for everywhere.

Even supplying builds with any addon not on that list is not allowed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry guys I mean no disrespect in my intro edit, just with all these customised intros I see and some of which using kodi I thought it would be ok. Although it doesn't interfere with the kodi part its just at the bottom of screen in blank black area I will change it. Ive only just put it onto build, sorry.
(2017-02-08, 22:11)m88pkr Wrote: I've been using kodi for about 2 years now and I know that streaming isn't illegal but what about builds?

Streaming of pirated content is illegal in the US. It's called theft of services and is the equivalent of sneaking into a movie theater.
Please don't get me mistaken with youtube videos of builds etc. I only have offered my build to friends for link to use it.
I'm in UK
I guess I'm just going to be a user of Kodi and not share. My builds are very minimal addons, I cant stand builds with loads of addons thrown at them being able to do the same thing.

I'm a decent guy with the love of kodi and if I can help someone in this forum I will with advice. I'd like to help.
My suggestion to you is, if you have friends who you want to enjoy Kodi, show them how to set it up themselves. I'd guess that the majority of people on this forum would agree that so-called "builds" are pointless. It's the same old story of giving a guy fish or teaching him to fish. Making a "build" is just a really good way of having a friend who is angry at you in 6 months because everything stopped working.
I'll admit that I have a few of your addons that are banned but until I was told earlier I didn't know. I've tried other peoples builds and so I know what you mean with addon problems.
I'd say 90% of the youtube videos are from dudes from the piracy community and they always claimed that "streaming is legal". People like Husham (or however he's spelled) and Touchtone (or so) talk most of the time utter BS and are only up for a quick buck. They create videos claiming nonsense about Kodi (like we're in for the profit while nobody of us is getting any money from it, or have the most insane conspiracy theories) only to get more clicks and thus earn money. They only do it for the money. They also refer to add-on developers as "Kodi developers" wich is more than misleading etc etc. So I'm really sorry to say, but by following youtube videos you really didn't do yourself or the real Kodi community a favor.
I think WebUser UK gets its info from YouTube too.
https://twitter.com/webusermagazine/stat...72/photo/1

Sent from my HTC One M9
Quite ironic that "WebUser UK" tweets "If you're worried about the Kodi arrests, we explain what's legal and what's not in our new issue. . ." whilst blatantly using the Kodi trademark to sell some pointless magazine Smile

EDIT - I thought it was another one of those Kodi magazines, seems it's actually a legit publication. Still, I doubt their content will be anything like accurate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about builds and boxes0