Freezes and stuttering in Kodi 17
(2017-02-11, 09:34)jones894 Wrote: I have a done a lot of experimenting by installing old versions and found a couple of bugs in Kodi 17.

1. Kodi 17 upgrade deletes /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml. I've verified this in my experiments.
    This file needs to be recreated as it is crucial to configuring buffers.

2. Kodi 17 renames some of the XML configuration entities so even if you recreate your old advancedsettings.xml, it still won't work. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v17_(Krypton)...ml_changes
So this file is what I came up with and it resolved my problems: Smile

Code:
osmc@osmc:~/.kodi/userdata$ cat advancedsettings.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <!-- Do not modify! These are OSMC Optimised Settings for your device  !-->
  <!-- If you wish to override any of these values, then create a file in /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml !-->
  <!-- It will override these settings, and your settings will be preserved across OSMC updates !-->
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Comment: Default is 1 -->
        <memorysize>41943040</memorysize> <!-- Comment: Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB -->
        <readfactor>1.0</readfactor> <!-- Comment: Default is 1.0 -->
    </network>
    <cache>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <memorysize>41943040</memorysize>
        <readfactor>1.0</readfactor>
    </cache>
    <imageres>540</imageres>
    <fanartres>720</fanartres>
    <splash>false</splash>
    <handlemounting>0</handlemounting>
    <samba>
       <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
    </samba>
</advancedsettings>

osmc@osmc:~/.kodi/userdata$

I left the obsolete <network> tag (replaced with <cache>), you can probably delete this section. If the memory size is set too big for you, try 20971520.

Hope this helps everybody else having the same problem and hope the Kodi team fixes this.
I don't understand why you would want to delete config files and break backwards compatibility... Huh

THIS Big Grin Thanks jones894, this config file indeed needs to be recreated manually after kodi upgrades. Much love Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezes and stuttering in Kodi 170