v17 Timer Rules Screen - No information available
There appears to be a bug in the implementation of the Timer Rules Screen.

If I create a "Record Series Timer" then it appears correctly listed in the Timer Rules Screen as a "Record Series Timer" with the correct number of scheduled recordings but the right hand information display for 90% of the timer rules shows "No information available". The remaining 10% of the "Record Series Timer" rules display correctly with the right hand information display fully populated with the first scheduled recording title and plot information.

Opening the context menu on a "Record Series Timer" rule with no information (90% of rules) only gives the options of "Edit" and "Delete", the "Programme Information" option is missing. Selecting "Edit" opens the "Timer Settings" dialogue box in which the timer type is shown as "Single Shot Manual Timer" despite the original listing showing it as a "Record Series Timer".

Opening the context menu on a "Record Series Timer" rule with information (10% of rules) gives the options of "Programme Information", "Edit" and "Delete". Selecting "Edit" opens the "Timer Settings" dialogue box in which the timer type is correctly shown as a "Record Series Timer".

In the "Timer Settings" dialogue box for the 90% with no information if I change the timer type to "Repeating Keyword Based Timer" then the Timer Rules Screen correctly shows the rule as a "Repeating Keyword Based Timer" with the correct number of scheduled recordings and the right hand information display then correctly shows the first scheduled recording title and plot information. Opening the context menu on the "Timer Rule" now gives all of the options of "Programme Information", "Edit" and "Delete". However selecting "Edit" opens the "Timer Settings" dialogue box in which the timer type is still shown as "Single Shot Manual Timer" despite the original listing now showing it as a "Repeating Keyword Based Timer".

Similarly in the same "Timer Settings" dialogue box if I change the timer type to "Repeating Manual Timer" then the Timer Rules Screen correctly shows the rule as a "Repeating Manual Timer" with the correct number of scheduled recordings and the right hand information display then correctly shows the first scheduled recording title and plot information. Opening the context menu on the "Timer Rule" now gives all of the options of "Programme Information", "Edit" and "Delete". Selecting "Edit" opens the "Timer Settings" dialogue box in which the timer type is still shown as "Single Shot Manual Timer" despite the original listing now showing it as "Repeating Manual Timer".

If I now change the timer type back to "Record Series Timer" then the right hand information display shows "No information available" even though there are valid scheduled recordings.

Also I think that the timer type options in the "Timer Settings" dialogue box are slightly incorrect, I assume that from one timer type in the "Timer Rules" list the "Timer Settings" dialogue would offer the other three timer types to choose from. If that is the case then one out of the three options is incorrect as shown below:

From Timer Rules List: Record Series Timer
Option 1: Single Shot Manual Timer
Option 2: Repeating Manual Timer
Option 3: Repeating Keyword Based Timer

From Timer Rules List: Repeating Manual Timer
Option 2: Record Series Timer
Option 3: Repeating Keyword Based Timer

From Timer Rules List: Repeating Keyword Based Timer
Option 2: Record Series Timer
Option 3: Repeating Keyword Based Timer (this is offering itself as an option and should be Repeating Manual Timer)

Any assistance on this problem would be appreciated.
What I couldn't determine when I originally posted the above problem was why did only 10% of the "Record Series Timer" rules show the first scheduled recording title and plot information in the right hand information window whereas the majority 90% showed "No information available.

The difference was that if the "Record Series Timer" rule was created with the "Start any time" flag disabled then the information would be visible.

If the "Record Series Timer" rule was created with the "Start any time" flag enabled then there would be no information in the right hand window.

This appears to be a genuine bug in the Timer Rules Screen.

Any assistance on this problem would be appreciated.
Seems to be a pvr client add-on bug. Which pvr backend are you using?
(2017-02-10, 17:35)ksooo Wrote: Seems to be a pvr client add-on bug. Which pvr backend are you using?

I'm using:

DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build 13310
DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build 13310
On a Windows 7 box
Please open an issue for the dvblogic pvr add-on here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues or ask for a fix in the dvblogic forum (if there is one, don't know).
(2017-02-10, 18:57)ksooo Wrote: Please open an issue for the dvblogic pvr add-on here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues or ask for a fix in the dvblogic forum (if there is one, don't know).
Thanks, I'll open an issue. There isn't a DVBLogic forum as far as I am aware.
(2017-02-10, 19:01)linknet Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 18:57)ksooo Wrote: Please open an issue for the dvblogic pvr add-on here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues or ask for a fix in the dvblogic forum (if there is one, don't know).
Thanks, I'll open an issue. There isn't a DVBLogic forum as far as I am aware.

DVBLink forum

I have taken this up with DVBLogic and they investigated this with a teamviewer session and they state that this is definitely a Kodi issue.
(2017-02-23, 14:52)linknet Wrote:

I have taken this up with DVBLogic and they investigated this with a teamviewer session and they state that this is definitely a Kodi issue.

Partly, maybe. On second read, it seems that you are describing multiple problems with different root cause here. We have to investigate 1 by 1.
The main issue of no information in the timer rules screen has now been fixed thanks to @ksooo and the fix is now in the latest nightly build.

There is still an issue when editing both the "Repeating Manual Timer" and the "Repeating Keyword Based Timer" the resultant "Timer Settings" dialogue box shows these as being "Single Shot Manual Timers" which is incorrect. This has been referred to dvblogic here:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues/68

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timer Rules Screen - No information available0