Genre Focus On Startup?
skin - estuary:

would like to set the focus to a library (right panel) object on startup, for example the "genres" button in the movie library, is this possible? i've played around with some code in the home.xml and includes_home.xnl files but no luck, any help would be appreciated.
Where exactly do you want it to startup to...Do u want it on the home screen just focused on genres or do u want it to actually startup inside of genres and bypass the home screen all together?

Also when u say genre is that for movie TV shows music music videos? Which one
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-02-09, 18:05)smitchell6879 Wrote: Where exactly do you want it to startup to...Do u want it on the home screen just focused on genres or do u want it to actually startup inside of genres and bypass the home screen all together?

thanks for the reply!

normally the category on the left is highlighted (focused) on launch, the "movies" button that i've x-ed out, but i would like a button in the right-hand panel to be highlighted (focused) instead, for example the "genre" button, is this possible?

(2017-02-13, 20:16)aeneas1 Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 18:05)smitchell6879 Wrote: Where exactly do you want it to startup to...Do u want it on the home screen just focused on genres or do u want it to actually startup inside of genres and bypass the home screen all together?

thanks for the reply!

normally the category on the left is highlighted (focused) on launch, the "movies" button that i've x-ed out, but i would like a button in the right-hand panel to be highlighted (focused) instead, for example the "genre" button, is this possible?

Replace line in Home.xml :

Code:
<defaultcontrol>9000</defaultcontrol>

by

Code:
<defaultcontrol>5900</defaultcontrol>

But if you disable categories widgets you will have no control.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-02-13, 20:30)Guilouz Wrote: Replace line in Home.xml :

Code:
<defaultcontrol>9000</defaultcontrol>

by

Code:
<defaultcontrol>5900</defaultcontrol>

But if you disable categories widgets you will have no control.
hmmm... already did that but it doesn't seem to completely work, the right-side icon becomes the starting point (as opposed to the left-side category button), i.e. it becomes "activated:, but unlike the left-side category button it doesn't show as focused, i.e. it doesn't display the offsetting color (focus) background that indicates that it's highlighted...

re losing control, i'm actually modding the skin to be used just as a simple, clean movie file and dvd interface only, don't need anything else (music, weather, tv, radio, etc.), just want a nice movie gui, i'm almost there i think, everything seems to be working fine (expect for the focus), plan to change the color scheme as well, here's a look so far...

when i launch kodi it defaults to this screen... note that the settings icon is highlighted, i want this to happen automatically but can't seem to get it to work, but the cursor does start on this icon, it just doesn't "light up"...

when i load a dvd two more icons display at the top, the one to the far left (x) is for "eject" and the arrow is for "play"... when i click the eject icon they disappear, so it's working very nicely, didn't want to display the dvd name...

another shot with a dvd cover highlighted...

here's a look at the screen that launches at startup if the install is new and has the mod, before movies have been added, asking to load your movie files:

here's what it looks like with a dvd loaded..

i was able to get this look by editing just two files, the home.xml and includes_home.xml, but i want a different color scheme so i'll probably end up editing the defaults.xml file as well...
You want to highlight top icon on startup that's right ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-02-13, 22:33)Guilouz Wrote: You want to highlight top icon on startup that's right ?
yes, when kodi is launched i want the settings icon to be highlighted, as it is in the first image of my last post.... as it stands, the settings icon is the "active" icon when kodi is launched, i.e. hitting any keyboard key will automatically "light it up", but i would like to see it lit/focused when kodi is launched without having to hit a keyboard key...
(2017-02-13, 22:51)aeneas1 Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 22:33)Guilouz Wrote: You want to highlight top icon on startup that's right ?
yes, when kodi is launched i want the settings icon to be highlighted, as it is in the first image of my last post.... as it stands, the settings icon is the "active" icon when kodi is launched, i.e. hitting any keyboard key will automatically "light it up", but i would like to see it lit/focused when kodi is launched without having to hit a keyboard key...

If you have not change it, settings button have control 802.

Use this code :

<defaultcontrol>802</defaultcontrol>

or 700, grouplist have control 700. First item of the list will be selected at startup.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-02-14, 01:24)Guilouz Wrote: If you have not change it, settings button have control 802.

Use this code :

or 700, grouplist have control 700. First item of the list will be selected at startup.
yes, already did that, also tried renaming setting the grouplist to 9000 (instead of 700) while keeping defaultcontrol at 9000, no good, and then tried renaming the setting button to 9000 (instead of 802), no good either, both changes make the target "active", i.e. that's where the cursor starts, but the target isn't automatically highlighted on launch, as was the case for the movie category button (group id 5000) on the left side panel...

anyway, thanks very much for your help, it's much appreciated, i'll play around with it a bit more and if i can't get it to work no big deal, the important thing is that the button i want is "activated" upon launch giving me immediate control of the screen...

while we're at it, i have another question...

the topbar and bottombar codes have top and bottom shading associated with them, i.e. if you comment out (or delete) the code the dark diffused shadowing/color at the top and bottom of the page will be removed... in the case of the topbar, the clock will also be removed... what is the code for the shading alone, i would like to add it manually...

i didn't like the oversized clock in the topbar but couldn't find an easy way to remove it from the topbar code, i thought that removing the breadcrumb code would do the trick but it didn't, so i removed the topbar altogether and added a clock manually, which i could position anywhere i wanted, and give it any font i wanted, which worked out well, but i would like the dark top shading back...
(2017-02-14, 01:24)Guilouz Wrote: If you have not change it, settings button have control 802.

Use this code :

just wanted to give you an update... your advice does indeed work, the problem was i had the mouse enabled so whenever i launched kodi it would try to focus where the mouse happened to be, which often times wasn't even pointing at an object... anyway once i disabled the mouse kodi would correctly focus on the whichever target i defined in home.xml, so thanks!

also, i decided to try to get my kodi skin to look a bit more like plex, which i like a lot in terms of color and look, altho my stab isn't exactly like plex, it's close enough for my needs...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genre Focus On Startup?0