FTV 2 slow NFS speed on 5G wifi with 80 mhz width
Hello guys,
I upgraded today to a Wifi AC capable router (Asus RT-AC68U) to improve my transfer speed to my FTV 2 Box.

Im using the 5G Band with 80mhz channel width. The speed test show´s some impressive transfer rates at about 200+ mbps to the internet.
But there´s a strange behavior. When i start streaming a high bitrate movie (4K 60GB) from my NAS over NFS, it stutters and the buffer runs empty.
When i change the channel width to 40mhz, it runs smooth, but the internet speed drops to about 150mbps.

So why is 80mhz channel width slowing down only NFS speed. Internet is still lightening fast!?!?

I tested different channels: 36, 38, 40, 44, 48. No difference, only changing to 40mhz does the trick with NFS.
What´s going on here?! Any ideas?
Better with this upcoming build: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/10926/
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have to mention, that with kodi 16, there´s the same issue. I will test this build when I´m at home.

@fritsch
PM sent...
Jep. Same issue with v16. The change would also improve v16. Let's see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have also seen bad NFS speeds on Android TV. What is the change doing?
Why - don't you just read the commit? - jenkins even lists the branch where it's coming from - doesn't it?

https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commits/chunkmaster ...
Additionally as wireless sucks most of the time, this advancedsettings.xml will help, too:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<cache>
  <memorysize>41943040</memorysize>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <readfactor>8.0</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>
@fritsch,

can you provide another build based on Krypton nightly with the above changes? I am currently evaluating network speeds on my Android TV and also want to test whether those changes have any impact.
Hmmm, I now tried some jellyfish encodes (up to 110mbps) with official Kodi 17.1 RC and NFS speed seems to have improved for me. Installed Marshmallow in the meantime but I suppose this does not matter? Looks like it is now as fast as DLNA.
Use the notsoshitty build - it has that included.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTV 2 slow NFS speed on 5G wifi with 80 mhz width0