All Various Artists share same image - no image files in root folder
Happy to do that, if I can determine which bit of code is the issue!

Do a bit of furtling in the db first. Poke about in that data, retired DB2 admin Smile

I am wondering if a mis-tagged Enya track on a compilation album (any Enya on compilations?) has caused a misentry of "Various Artists" and mbid. Grasping at straws really, and no criticism of your tagging. Check out what is in the artist table? Stick any mbids into a look up on the Musicbrainz website so be sure. What is in strFanart for Various Artists entry?

Getting Enya fanart, but not artist thumbnail for Various Artist?

I don't think SQL is the issue, but the part of Kodi that tries to find an "artist folder" by deduction from where all the songs are can come to the wrong conclusion. Music collections do not always have such an artist folder that contains everything. If it is just Various Artists that is showing Enya then I need to workout where Kodi would look for fanart for that.

We will kill Enya somehow!!!
The artist "Various Artists" has strFanart set to NULL in the database.

In the meantime I wrote a small Perl script to find files with a cover attached (APIC). None of my music files has such.

I searched for fanart.* In the subfolder "VA" that holds all my Samplers. There is none.

I visually looked thru all thumbnails in userdata/thumbnails. There I found that fanart image of Enya that is shown whenever a sampler has the focus within Kodi.

With that thumbnail name I looked in the templates database. The corresponding cachedurl is the fanart.jpg in the artist root folder of Enya.

Interestingly the size of that thumbnail is of different size than the original file in the Enya folder.

Enya has that same fanart.jpg in its artist root folder and two more in the extrafanart folder. As I wrote above these three files are of different size than the thumbnail in userdata/thumbnail.

I searched for these 4 (including the thumbnail) fanart files (Linux find with exact filesize) in my library. There's no additional copy somewhere.

All images (fanart.jpg in artist root folder, fanartxx.jpg in extrafanart folder, folder.jpg in artist root folder and album images) of Enya are set correctly in the database in strFanart and strImage).

Still funny.

I can upload my music and templates database somewhere - but they are of size 140MB+ in total. Where can I uploads such beasts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All Various Artists share same image - no image files in root folder0