Classical music (composer, year)
You are seeing "Georg Friedrich Händel; The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock" as a composer. This will be from how the music is tagged. From what you have said I can guess what has happened, so I hope I can explain it clearly enough.

To help Kodi decode album artist = "Georg Friedrich Händel; The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock" into "Georg Friedrich Händel", "The English Concert" and "Trevor Pinnock" an ALBUMARTISTS (note the "S") is needed with value "Georg Friedrich Händel / The English Concert / Trevor Pinnock" (or separate frames if a multi-frame tag format). Unfortunately Picard does not add this by default, you need to make a change to the settings.

In Picard under Options>Options>Advanced>Scripting add the line
$setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%)
This will create ALBUMARTISTS tags when you tag your music.

What you are seeing is that sometimes Kodi can deduce from other data how to separate these artists, but for those 2 albums it could not. Adding an ALBUMARTISTS tag ensures it can do this correctly every time.

Edit the tags and rescan into the library.

Quote:There is one additional problem. It is a cd collection with six discs. I guess they where published some time ago as individual publications. So MusicBrainz put individual publication dates to these discs. I should have corrected them to the release date of the box set, I guess. Now, I don't have one (!) album "Orchestral works" but six albums "Orchestral works". Four of them are listed under the conductor "Georg Friedrich Händel" and two of them are listed under "Georg Friedrich Händel; The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock".
As you have tagged using 6 separate releases form Musicbrainz you will see 6 separate albums. Just editing the dates would not change this, they have individual mbids and Kodi will see that as separate albums. The solution here is to make a submission to Musicbrainz for the box set as a release, connecting it to the recordings they already have, then tag your set with that release.

Happy tagging Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classical music (composer, year) - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-10, 11:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Classical music (composer, year)0