Kodi 17 Krypton - Unable to play videos
Your Debug Log is incomplete. You don't play a movie. Your screen at 30.03hz looks odd. As you are running nvidia gpu, also post dmesg | pastebinit
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-02-11, 19:15)fritsch Wrote: The log looks okay.

That being said, the Q35 GPU you are using is not supported by us.

Btw. did you try to set "Dithering" to Off? Does that change something? Might be too much for this GPU.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi Fritsch,

Here's the log file:

logfile

Here's the rest of the output you asked for:

ii libegl1-mesa:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 free implementation of the EGL API -- runtime
ii libegl1-mesa-drivers:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 free implementation of the EGL API -- hardware drivers
ii libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 free implementation of the OpenGL API -- DRI modules
ii libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX runtime
ii libglapi-mesa:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 free implementation of the GL API -- shared library
ii libgles2-mesa:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 free implementation of the OpenGL|ES 2.x API -- runtime
ii libglu1-mesa:amd64 9.0.0-2 amd64 Mesa OpenGL utility library (GLU)
ii libopenvg1-mesa:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 free implementation of the OpenVG API -- runtime
ii libwayland-egl1-mesa:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 implementation of the Wayland EGL platform -- runtime
ii mesa-utils 8.1.0-2 amd64 Miscellaneous Mesa GL utilities
ii mesa-vdpau-drivers:amd64 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 amd64 Mesa VDPAU video acceleration drivers
s@KODI:~$ vainfo
error: can't connect to X server!
libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 1
libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with operation failed,driver_name=i965
vaInitialize failed with error code 1 (operation failed),exit

Thanks in advance for your help!

S
(2017-02-13, 23:10)fritsch Wrote: This is nothing new. VC-1 interlaced does not work with VAAPI and result will be a black screen.

For more information and bug fixing posting the Debug Log is mandatory also in combination with the output of vainfo.

(2017-02-14, 00:11)n4kk Wrote: fritsch,

Actually, it wasn't the vc-1 hardware acceleration. My apologies for the misinformation. It was rather disabling "Prefer VAAPI render method" that makes the black screen disappear and working fine.

Either way here's the log file. Maybe you can shed some insight. Thanks.

Output of vainfo:

error: can't connect to X server!
libva info: VA-API version 0.38.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 1
libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with operation failed,driver_name=i965
vaInitialize failed with error code 1 (operation failed),exit

Log file: http://pastebin.com/BqUxRLwt

fritsch,

Did you take a look at my debug log? Thanks.
All with vaapi issues, do this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2526085 in that other thread.
From what I'm getting from this thread is:
Don't Update Kodi ( if you're not an expert in both KODI and Linux )
or... don't ask questions, which I rarely do, just read and learn what you can from others.
and... it is a Free Program, so= when it fails = tough luck.
But! Thanks to the terminal commands to Uninstall the Update. I shall be doing it tomorrow!
Thanks iznobe!

(2017-02-13, 09:27)adamleander Wrote: Agreed man, this is a little ridiculous. I'm running 16.1 again. Everything works as it should and I'm happy. I won't be upgrading the rest of my PC's or devices. Turns out my Android box is no longer supported either and it's only a year old. Sad that they have abandoned hardware and features that worked so well in the past.

I'd like to close this thread but I have no idea how. My thanks to fritsch for pointing out my hardware was not supported.
Kodi does not do your system administration ... if you install the latest and greatest game on windows you also need to update your gpu drivers. This is in no way different, but on windows no one would complain. If the administration of a linux system is not what you prefer, please head over to our friends at www.libreelec.tv they provide an appliance which also updates kernel / drivers /and so on when you install a new kodi release from them.
(2017-02-15, 09:00)Bee Ray Dee Wrote: From what I'm getting from this thread is:
Don't Update Kodi ( if you're not an expert in both KODI and Linux )
or... don't ask questions, which I rarely do, just read and learn what you can from others.
and... it is a Free Program, so= when it fails = tough luck.
But! Thanks to the terminal commands to Uninstall the Update. I shall be doing it tomorrow!
Thanks iznobe!

I get something completly different from this thread.

Firstly, do upgrade, the only expertise you need is to be able to read and type.
Secondly, in a lot of cases the questions have been answered, no need to ask again - just upgrade the vaapi driver.
And finaly, yes it is a free program, an amazing one where the devs have worked with Intel to create a new driver for Kodi's benefit. And they have even provided an easy way to upgrade it in an older Ubuntu distro.

I also rarely ask questions, this is because I usually find my case isn't unique - and the answer is already there.

Thanks
Hi

I followed the instructions from the link Fritsch posted in Post #35 but it has not resolved my issues.

I can activate the VDPAU acceleration and videos play as expected.

However, if I activate VAAPI and play a video, there is no longer a crash. Instead, the screen goes black with the movie soundtrack playing.

Any thoughts?

S

*** Update - I got it working. Thanks for your help, Fritsch. I had forgotten to update the Mesa driver. KODI works like a charm now. ***
:-)
I was having play back issues. I turned my video refresh rate on to always.
(2017-02-11, 03:59)adamleander Wrote: Hello all,

New to the forum here.  Looking for some help.  I have 5 completely different PCs. All running Linux Mint 17.3 with Kodi 16.1, beautifully I might add.  I have updated the 3 newest PCs with Kodi 17.  All 3 PCs have the same issue.  None will play videos properly.  Of any kind.  The audio starts out fine but the video struggles to catch up.  The audio soon becomes distorted and Kodi freezes.  It doesn't crash, just freezes.  I have to force it to shut down.  I was able to find help in reverting back to kodi 16.1, which I tried on 2 of the 3 updated PCs and had no issues.  Videos play fine, everything else seems fine.  One of the PCs is used completely for testing so I formatted it completely, installed Mint 17.3, ran updates, installed Kodi 17, and same video issue occurs.  Is any one else having issues playing anything??

Appreciate any help or suggestions Smile

Hi All,

I've faced with the same issue but disabling HW acceleration didn't solve it. What I found in the logs were:
21:45:13.749 T:140714870192512   ERROR: Load3dLut: Could not open 3DLUT file:
21:45:13.749 T:140714870192512   ERROR: Error loading the LUT

This was suspicious for me so I switched the system settings to expert mode and I turned off Colour management which uses this 3DLUT. And voila, videos work like charm Smile
I don't know whether I'm alone with this root cause but it might help others.

Regards,
Balázs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 Krypton - Unable to play videos0