Verge rage
Just an FYI that made me mad...

www.theverge.com posted a crappy article on February 10th strongly implying Kodi is just a vehicle for piracy. It irritated me enough that I left a post defending Kodi's devs and their strong stance against piracy. If anyone else would care to chime in on this worthless online rag, the url is http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/10/145741...ew-comment
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
Click Bait.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
It is, and it worked... but it still made me mad. The Verge used to be held to higher editorial standards.
Well that's infuriating.
The Verge, unlike actual newspapers, provides no way of contacting people. So I sent a small tweet storm to the author. No idea if he'll reply.
Hey, it worked.
Excellent. Maybe he will grow up and realize posting fallacious, irresponsible click bait is childish and harmful... but probably not.
(2017-02-11, 15:34)snarfo Wrote: Excellent. Maybe he will grow up and realize posting fallacious, irresponsible click bait is childish and harmful... but probably not.

He tells me he's personally used Kodi since the Xbox days and made the mistake of assuming his readers would know as much about the history as he did. If you aren't constantly inside this world, it's probably not an unreasonable assumption, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
(2017-02-11, 15:34)snarfo Wrote: Excellent. Maybe he will grow up and realize posting fallacious, irresponsible click bait is childish and harmful... but probably not.
Lol maybe he could also get Trump on board with that one.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hahaha Trump was probably his role model.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Verge rage0