Recommendations Please: Legal Addon Installer & Addons
Hi,

New to KODI so excuse me if this seems a silly question!

I want to use KODI for watching LEGAL non piracy TV shows, movies, etc. Can anyone recommend some good 100% legal Addon Installers and Addons as there are so many and it's hard to tell which is legal/good and which is illegal/bad. If there is a website that lists all the legal ones with descriptions about their content that would be handy too.

Many thanks.
A good starter point is Kodi official repo, all addons there are legal.
We do not support wizards and similar addon installers as they all too easily install stuff without the users knowledge or consent.

As a rule of thumb concerning legality, if an add-on is offering you TV shows, channels or movies for free that you'd normally need to pay for, or that are otherwise unavailable on the net (eg movies still in theatres) then you can be sure that they are not legal or legit. As with anything else, if it's too good to be true then it probably is.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for that francovilar, not sure how I install KODI Official Repo but I'll have a read up.

There is SO much talk about people watching illegal content on KODI which is a shame as it gives the app a bad name, but if all the 100% legal addons and content were discussed and advertised a lot more (preferably here) it could only be a good thing. I try to avoid illegal content but sometimes it's just so difficult to tell the good/legal from the bad/illegal. I read a popular computer magazine this week and it recommended various KODI addons which after reading elsewhere contain illegal content - which shocked me! So if I can't trust a well known computer magazine to advise me on legal addons for KODI who can I trust? See how difficult it is for the user?
DarrenHil....Yes I understand that but often you can only find out what content addons offer after installing them. People need something to tell them what is legal and what is not BEFORE they waste time installing, such as addon reviews and recommendations etc.
All the add-ons being openly discussed on this forum are considered legal as are all the add-ons in the official repository.

If you choose to install an add-on not associated with this forum from 3rd party then it's up to you to use the common sense approach indicated by @DarrenHill.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-02-11, 13:18)Excalibur5829 Wrote: Thanks for that francovilar, not sure how I install KODI Official Repo but I'll have a read up.

There is SO much talk about people watching illegal content on KODI which is a shame as it gives the app a bad name, but if all the 100% legal addons and content were discussed and advertised a lot more (preferably here) it could only be a good thing. I try to avoid illegal content but sometimes it's just so difficult to tell the good/legal from the bad/illegal. I read a popular computer magazine this week and it recommended various KODI addons which after reading elsewhere contain illegal content - which shocked me! So if I can't trust a well known computer magazine to advise me on legal addons for KODI who can I trust? See how difficult it is for the user?
Which magazine? Kind scanning the page?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-02-11, 14:35)bry Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 13:18)Excalibur5829 Wrote: Thanks for that francovilar, not sure how I install KODI Official Repo but I'll have a read up.

Which magazine? Kind scanning the page?

WebUser magazine, the current issue with a yellow cover, £2.10 a copy.
I would only trust my lawyer to advise me which add-ons are "legal" (whatever that means).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I saw that WebUser magazine yesterday - basically it couldn't be more wrong if it tried in terms of legality. It's utterly inaccurate and misleading rubbish.

Indeed it would be interesting to ask its editor quite what it would do if people followed their advice, got into legal trouble as a result and then took legal action against them for it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommendations Please: Legal Addon Installer & Addons0