The quickest way to add Artist artwork!
I have my music library set up in Kodi. I am starting to get comfortable with using MusicBrainz Picard to organize my music. I did notice that I do not have any artwork under my artist in Kodi. Is something I have to add manually or is there a way to pull this information from the internet or have it added somehow. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Artist art and additional info can be retrived from internet sources by using the scraper.

Go to an artists node, could be all of them, or a subset filtered by genre, and click on "Query info for all" from the context menu. In scraper will populate the images in the background, although you may not see them until you leave and return to the artists node. Because you have tagged with mbids the scraping process will be more accurate at identifying the correct artist.

Scraping may not give instant results and the task may need repeating to fill in the gaps. The servers that provide the artist and album art and extra info do get lots of traffic, especially at weekends or after a Kodi release, and so requests from Kodi can timeout instead of returning data. The Audio DB was out of action completely at the end of Jan through over subscription. These are great free resources, so be patient with them.
For a feature request, it would be nice to have a "recently added artist" node, among other things makes adding art for artist easier.

scott s.
I was able to right click on the album and select artist information. Then I could click refresh and choose the right artists and it brought up all the information. I did try the query info for all, but did not find that picked up the information I need. Thanks for your help.
Take a look at cdart manager add-on Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The quickest way to add Artist artwork!0