v17 Hide Empty Series not working after Krypton update
Updated from v16.0 to v17.0, local folders without any media showing up in the view.

I removed the hideemptyseries entry from advancedsettings.xml and flipped the flag under library that shouldn't show them, but still there.

Tested under a few skins, same result. Any ideas?

Edit:

Did a clean install - the full tv source view correctly doesn't show empty folders, but playlists do. As I leverage only playlists in the interface (Mr/Mrs/Kids TV), this is still pretty irritating
I noticed the same thing. I have a central MySQL database, I've already deleted and rebuilt it, but it still shows empty series. It's not only Windows though, I have a Windows box, a Kodibuntu box and a LibreElec box. All show the same behavior.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
I'm using the default db, so it's probably something else. Were all your boxes upgrades?
I'll try a clean install next if no one has a better idea
Windows is an upgrade, LibreElec is an upgrade, Kodibunti was an upgrade, but I switched that one to a clean install of LibreElec today.

Found another thread with a workaround:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302484
(2017-02-12, 22:25)samedavis Wrote: Found another thread with a workaround:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302484

Good find! I would've never thought of looking in that direction. My entire setup is based on smart playlists. Thanks!

Wondering if anybody else has a better solution. I have the same problem too and it seems like if I go into an empty show and back out, then the 'hide empty series' actually works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide Empty Series not working after Krypton update0