• 137(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
(2017-10-27, 22:10)dan_jericho Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 22:09)RayW1986 Wrote: @Guilouz why are you blacklisting my repository?

I do not make illegal add-ons. All of my add-ons are legal.

I am not happy you are stopping people from using my add-ons if they want to use your skin.

What gives you the right?

Its the Caretaker ... Kim Jong Un

Its actually a few of your addons that Im complaining about. I use freeview. Entirely legal. Tho the powers that be are too stubborn to see that.

Yes, all my add-ons are legal and it's on this blacklist add-on.

I don't usually get angry at such crap but this is bullshit. Half the repositories on this list are by authors who have their add-ons posted on this forum.

I would like to know why my repository is banned by those who made this add-on.
(2017-10-27, 22:15)RayW1986 Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 22:10)dan_jericho Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 22:09)RayW1986 Wrote: @Guilouz why are you blacklisting my repository?

I am not happy you are stopping people from using my add-ons if they want to use your skin.

Its the Caretaker ... Kim Jong Un

Its actually a few of your addons that Im complaining about. I use freeview. Entirely legal. Tho the powers that be are too stubborn to see that.

Yes, all my add-ons are legal and it's on this blacklist add-on.

I don't usually get angry at such crap but this is bullshit. Half the repositories on this list are by authors who have their add-ons posted on this forum.

I would like to know why my repository is banned by those who made this add-on.

Agree. Whoever developed this plugin is a idiot. I dont have any piracy plugins on my install at all.... but here we are...
Until the Kodi team deems this inappropriate for their own reasons and blocks the installation of your Mod, or another Skin ...
Where until another developer, for example, blocks the installation of his Widget or Addon on skins that do not suit him, and this for his own reasons and so on. etc.
No, I do not understand such a process!
For my part it must be also TVtune that blocks and prevents me from using Kodi.
TVtune does not download anything it seems to me, but it allows to customize his own music on the poster ...
I recently discovered your skin (nice job), on the other hand it is really a pity all this.
Good luck anyway.
Re:
a priori no, it is the repo that is used to install it that is in the list if I understood correctly ...
Just out of interest, under GPL licence, what prevents someone from cloning your repo, removing caretaker and deploying to their own repo?
Well....bet you didnt expect to get a backlash quite like this. Don't worry...its all starting to spread out now. Facebook's groups,Twitter and blogs have now caught on what you have done to this skin. Well done for creating hassles and yet more bad publicity for kodi. Why can't people just leave stuff alone?
(2017-10-27, 21:39)wallacebw Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 20:29)Guilouz Wrote: We recognize those who are only there to take without even taking the time to thanks. 
Oddly, most of the people who came to complain are those who are never seen on the forum...

If that continue I will continue the development only for my personal use.

I will pipe-up and say thank you again.   I have been very happy with your work and commitment to this project.   In a previous life, I had built a freeware tool with ~500,000 installs (probably 450,000 uninstalls Smile ) and understand the work that goes into supporting these levels of initiatives.   

If the users of this skin have issues with how caretaker was implemented (blacklist maintenance, criteria, etc.) it would be better to address it with the devs of that plug-in --  https://github.com/b-jesch/script.service.caretaker.  

Something seems to have gone sideways with my install (startup loop), otherwise i wouldn't have noticed in the first place.  

Thanks again for all the work, I will no longer comment on this matter.

Thanks, I appreciate.
 Estuary MOD V2 
i just wanna say 'BOOO!'
thats all i have to say

List of banned repository is not mine. What is your repo ? Contact @Namerp, it's the author of caretaker.

For all people, Make a repo list that is not supposed to be in the banned list please.

I decided to give a chance for some people by disabling unload skin, I leave only the warning popup.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-10-27, 20:29)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 20:06)T94afc Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 19:45)T94afc Wrote: How do I disable it, or is there an alternative skin thats similar to estuary (official) that allows custom menu items
Never mind, took me 5-10 mins to disable it and get around it, silly do gooders... when will they learn people don't like being monitored 😂😂😂😂

3 posts since 2015... 
We recognize those who are only there to take without even taking the time to thanks. 
Oddly, most of the people who came to complain are those who are never seen on the forum...

If that continue I will continue the development only for my personal use.
"if it ain't broke don't fix it" comes to mind, most of us have jobs, the little time we do have we like to enjoy and relax... so you can't be surprised the thread blew up when people start having issues over the once very good skin. Either way I'm wasting my breath, I got around the stupid block so I bid you a pleasant day sir Smile
(2017-10-28, 01:11)Guilouz Wrote: List of banned repository is not mine. What is your repo ? Contact @Namerp, it's the author of caretaker.

For all people, Make a repo list that is not supposed to be in the banned list please.

Slt,
I have been watching for a long time! but as it has inflated me "evening missed after a week of work", in short, it is Urepo who poses a priori concern.
I looked in the depot and I do not see what could be embarrassing, but I will not spend the night there.
After checking in this repository, I have two addons of activated: TVtune and VideoExtras (I had forgotten the latter).
But I could manage otherwise.
Thanks anyway !
(2017-10-27, 04:10)wallacebw Wrote: Issue with latest version:

The caretaker service (https://github.com/Guilouz/repository.gu....caretaker) appears to be flagging something on my system even though I have none of the repos listed in https://gist.githubusercontent.com/CvH/4...nned_repos on my system.  I was initially receiving an error with "Warning!" in the title bar and no content in the message 'body', but am now in a kodi restart loop if I don't alter the addon to basically do nothing.  

Full Disclosure, I at one time had ZachMorris Repo installed, but it has been removed.   BUT, and a big BUT here... The ZachMorris repo is referenced in the first port of the libreelec testbuild post by milhouse (team kodi member) https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298462  (See Testing note 15).   Who is defining what should be flagged?

If I delete the settings.xml from the addon_data/skin.estuary.modv2, i will receive the blank warning noted above, but do not appear to be able to dismiss the message (by design?), nor does it identify what repo was identified or how to correct it.  

For the time being i have altered the caretaker  add-on to be a' dummy / no-op' add-on to get things working.  

FYI: I fully understand your position about your skin being bundled with kodi boxes, which sucks. That said, please be careful of setting a precedent of implementing 'drm-like' functionality that only stops those who care to do the right thing in the first place.

Thanks,

Well, this is the first I've heard of my addon and respository being banned.
Specific to my addon, it's been discussed by people internally in team Kodi before (see here and here), and thus far it's been allowed.

I personally have no problem with you doing whatever you want with your code, but I think this could (and has) already been confusing, depending on who approves or doesn't approve of what addon.  If you're going to do this, I would hope it's a 'master' blacklist maintained by team Kodi.
(2017-10-28, 01:05)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Facebook's groups,Twitter and blogs have now caught on what you have done to this skin.  Well done for creating hassles and yet more bad publicity for kodi.

Who cares what people on Facebook Groups are saying anyway, I doubt anyone will lose sleep over 'Facebookers', 'Youtubers' and 'Bloggers', these people are irrelevant.
Your decision to support the the third party caretaker add-on without option to disable this or make it optional at first, just caused my wife to have a non-functioning kodi install while I was at the Kodi Developer conference.
This is because the add-on opens a dialog window in the wrong way, and the skin now shows a window with text "warning", no text in it and a button which can not be pressed.

Take note that my installation at home does not have any non-legal add-ons installed, but I do have an addon installed from a repository which the add-on creators seemingly decided was non-wanted.
A quick view of the list they provide actually shows many of such repositories included. It seems the standard set is _extremely_ low and almost nothing is 'allowed'.

Kodi has always had a stance of "people are free to do with the software what they want."
We do not support discussion of a lot of things on this forum because it simply doesn't belong here.
We also do not allow people to use our trademark, but other than that the code is open. People can fork the code and users can do whatever they feel like with it.

Restricting what people can and cannot do with the software itself in my opinion does not belong on this forum.
I will be discussing what the rest of the team and the moderators think about this tomorrow during the second day of DevCon.

I urge you to rethink your decision to forcibly include a script restricting the usage of Kodi in your modded skin.
(2017-10-28, 03:08)Kib Wrote: Your decision to support the the third party caretaker add-on without option to disable this or make it optional at first, just caused my wife to have a non-functioning kodi install while I was at the Kodi Developer conference.
This is because the add-on opens a dialog window in the wrong way, and the skin now shows a window with text "warning",  no text in it and a button which can not be pressed.

Take note that my installation at home does not have any non-legal add-ons installed, but I do have an addon installed from a repository which the add-on creators seemingly decided was non-wanted.
A quick view of the list they provide actually shows many of such repositories included. It seems the standard set is _extremely_ low and almost nothing is 'allowed'.

Kodi has always had a stance of "people are free to do with the software what they want."
We do not support discussion of a lot of things on this forum because it simply doesn't belong here.
We also do not allow people to use our trademark, but other than that the code is open. People can fork the code and users can do whatever they feel like with it.

Restricting what people can and cannot do with the software itself in my opinion does not belong on this forum.
I will be discussing what the rest of the team and the moderators think about this tomorrow during the second day of DevCon.

I urge you to rethink your decision to forcibly include a script restricting the usage of Kodi in your modded skin.

Take a bow 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
  • 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)17