• 201(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
(2018-01-29, 21:49)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-29, 17:14)estuary_enthusiast Wrote:
(2018-01-28, 20:22)Guilouz Wrote: No, Estuary MOD V2 support all platforms but Kodi builds can be different from one platform to another and some issue may be only on a particular platform.

If this issue was present on all platforms, we could talk about a skin problem but it's working many platforms except Windows (for some users) and I don't use any addons for duration and end time, juste infolabels from Kodi core.

Original Estuary don't have end time flag icons, so I'm curious how you can try it... 
Please can you take a look. I really like your skin Sad I don't know what to do
I try another skin, the duration is there.
And for this skin is show on osd

Where exactly you have this issue ? On library ? On widgets ? On all skin ? 

From memory it seems to me that someone has succeeded in disabling and reactivating this setting : Skin Settings / General / Configure media flags / Show media duration and Show media finish time
 This variable I use for duration : 
Code:
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:00:)">1h00</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:01:)">1h01</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:02:)">1h02</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:03:)">1h03</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:04:)">1h04</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:05:)">1h05</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:06:)">1h06</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:07:)">1h07</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:08:)">1h08</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:09:)">1h09</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:10:)">1h10</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:11:)">1h11</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:12:)">1h12</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:13:)">1h13</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,01:14:)">1h14</value>
        ... etc ...
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:49:)">5h49</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:50:)">5h50</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:51:)">5h51</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:52:)">5h52</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:53:)">5h53</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:54:)">5h54</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:55:)">5h55</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:56:)">5h56</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:57:)">5h57</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:58:)">5h58</value>
        <value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.Duration,05:59:)">5h59</value>
On all skin, show only in osd menu.
But the box still there. If I disable in skin setting the box gone.

ImageImage
ImageImage
1- Can someone tell me what the right file naming format is in order to get the correct aspect ratio tags displayed? I tried: "move name (year).Atmos.240.mkv" and "move name (year).Atmos.2.40.mkv" and "move name (year).2.40.mkv" and "move name (year).240.mkv" but it continues to show 16:9 for everything. The Atmos tag DOES properly get picked up. But the aspect ratio is not. I'm using the very latest MOD v2 from the repo.

2- I updated to the very latest nightly tonight, which was the first nightly update I've done since installing MOD V2 a couple nights ago. After updating to this new nightly build the MOD v2 skin was gone and I had to reinstall all 3 mandatory repos (including yours) and optional addons, and clicking on the optional add-ons just made a click sound and nothing happened. I had to manually add each one from a zip. Is this normal or should the v18 nightly update bring everything forward including all the MOD v2 still?

3- It looks like the new CIH scope mode feature made it into the latest release build - that is great! I look forward to hearing about your experiments with making the other parts of the UI CIH zoom friendly as well.  With the playback OSD already working VERY nicely, the next most important area for CIH zoom treatment IMO would be the Movie area with the display of the posters and tags when a poster is highlighted (like in poster or infowall view) raised higher (currently off the screen when zoomed so you can't see the tags or movie length etc), fitting another column (or maybe two) of posters in each row (thumbnails can be made a bit smaller (which fits more) because once zoomed they look regular size, etc.

Thank you this skin and CIH zoom friendly nature is fantastic!
What aspect ratio is needed for CIH ? 

1:77:1 (1920x1080)
2:35:1 (1920x817)
2:40:1 (1920x800)

Others ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-01-30, 23:08)Guilouz Wrote: What aspect ratio is needed for CIH ? 

Others ?
 The most popular scope screen's out there are 2:35:1, 2:37:1, and 2:40 to one. Those are the main ones to support. Also note that it is common for people to purposely overscan with the zoom. For instance if someone has a 2.40 or 2.37 screen they may zoom a little extra so that when playing a 2.35 movie there is not a little border left. So this means you may not want to use absolute perfect positioning because it could be slightly cutoff. Then again, I assume that a zoom of -2% or -4% in the skin control could adjust for that.  Also it is worth noting that there are many 1.85:1 movies. When playing these back with a scoped screen of say 2.35:1 or 2.37:1 or 2.40:1, the image is not zoomed out anywhere near as much as a 2.40 or 2.35 movie.

So ideally there would be settings in your Scoped option where you could choose between 16:9, 1.85:1 vs 2.35 or 2.37 or 2.40. And it would be great if there was a control on the playback OSD that could be used to cycle through these options. So you finish title 1 at 2.40 and then you go to play something at 16:9 (equiv of CIH zoom feature being turned off) or 1.85 and you could toggle the positioning right there without having to go back to the skins Extra menu to configure it.

Does this answer your question? Thanks again for the tremendous help!
(2018-01-30, 23:39)kaybird Wrote:
(2018-01-30, 23:08)Guilouz Wrote: What aspect ratio is needed for CIH ? 

Others ?
 The most popular scope screen's out there are 2:35:1, 2:37:1, and 2:40 to one. Those are the main ones to support. Also note that it is common for people to purposely overscan with the zoom. For instance if someone has a 2.40 or 2.37 screen they may zoom a little extra so that when playing a 2.35 movie there is not a little border left. So this means you may not want to use absolute perfect positioning because it could be slightly cutoff. Then again, I assume that a zoom of -2% or -4% in the skin control could adjust for that.  Also it is worth noting that there are many 1.85:1 movies. When playing these back with a scoped screen of say 2.35:1 or 2.37:1 or 2.40:1, the image is not zoomed out anywhere near as much as a 2.40 or 2.35 movie.

So ideally there would be settings in your Scoped option where you could choose between 16:9, 1.85:1 vs 2.35 or 2.37 or 2.40. And it would be great if there was a control on the playback OSD that could be used to cycle through these options. So you finish title 1 at 2.40 and then you go to play something at 16:9 (equiv of CIH zoom feature being turned off) or 1.85 and you could toggle the positioning right there without having to go back to the skins Extra menu to configure it.

Does this answer your question? Thanks again for the tremendous help! 
So I can add this, user have the choice.

Mask black bars are they needed or not ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
I had to completely remove my Kodi v18 and start from scratch. I installed your repo and then downloaded MOD v2. But I was surprised it only gave me version 2.9.3 instead of 2.9.4. I went to Kodi add-ons and told it to manually update it, but it came back still as 2.9.3. Do you know why its not downloading the latest? Or maybe I am confused and I have to download v2.4.9 manually and install it as a zip (but I thought that was the purpose of having the repo, so I could download from there)?

Also I don't think the scope feature is included just yet in your public versions. Is it OK to overwrite the files in my 2.9.3 (and hopefully soon 2.9.4 when I can figure out how to get that) with the select ones you sent me on Jan 25th? Or are those only for the 2.9.1 (or 2.9.2, can't remember) version of the skin from at the time? Basically I'm looking to be able to use the scope feature again while we wait for it to be part of a public release (which may be very soon or not I am not sure). Thank you for all your help.
(2018-01-31, 00:17)kaybird Wrote: I had to completely remove my Kodi v18 and start from scratch. I installed your repo and then downloaded MOD v2. But I was surprised it only gave me version 2.9.3 instead of 2.9.4. I went to Kodi add-ons and told it to manually update it, but it came back still as 2.9.3. Do you know why its not downloading the latest? Or maybe I am confused and I have to download v2.4.9 manually and install it as a zip (but I thought that was the purpose of having the repo, so I could download from there)?

Also I don't think the scope feature is included just yet in your public versions. Is it OK to overwrite the files in my 2.9.3 (and hopefully soon 2.9.4 when I can figure out how to get that) with the select ones you sent me on Jan 25th? Or are those only for the 2.9.1 (or 2.9.2, can't remember) version of the skin from at the time? Basically I'm looking to be able to use the scope feature again while we wait for it to be part of a public release (which may be very soon or not I am not sure). Thank you for all your help.
Repo version is 2.9.3, git version is 2.9.4 but you can install zip file manually that I have send you in PM.

I will upload scope mode on git soon but I needed to know some info, mask black bars are they needed or not ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-01-31, 00:46)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 00:17)kaybird Wrote: I had to completely remove my Kodi v18 and start from scratch. I installed your repo and then downloaded MOD v2. But I was surprised it only gave me version 2.9.3 instead of 2.9.4. I went to Kodi add-ons and told it to manually update it, but it came back still as 2.9.3. Do you know why its not downloading the latest? Or maybe I am confused and I have to download v2.4.9 manually and install it as a zip (but I thought that was the purpose of having the repo, so I could download from there)?

Repo version is 2.9.3, git version is 2.9.4 but you can install zip file manually that I have send you in PM.

I will upload scope mode on git soon but I needed to know some info, mask black bars are they needed or not ? 
This may be a silly question, but why is there one version on the repo and the other on git? Is it a case where the git is more for experimental and once it is at a good "shipping" point you then release it to the repo?

Also I went to the git and could view the individual file but I could not see how to download the skin as a zip (not needed right now necessarily, but for future version).

If I install the zip manually from 1/25 I assume I will lose whatever nice changes are in 2.9.3 and 2.9.4? This is why I was hesitant to do it. Also I was not sure if that meant I would have a hard time upgrading to the release version with scope feature if I manually installed the zip.

As for your question "mask black bars are they needed or not"? Can you please restate the question? I am not sure what you mean. When watching 2.35+ movies there are no black bars left (they are zoomed off the screen), so I don't think you mean that.  If you are asking whether you should have a black background underneath the OSD to make it more readable against the backdrop of the video, I would say Yes, fairly dark but with some opacity. I can't recall what you did in my PM version but whatever that was, it was good. Of course you could always provide a sub-option in the menu for it. Smile
(2018-01-31, 01:02)kaybird Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 00:46)Guilouz Wrote:

This may be a silly question, but why is there one version on the repo and the other on git? Is it a case where the git is more for experimental and once it is at a good "shipping" point you then release it to the repo?

Also I went to the git and could view the individual file but I could not see how to download the skin as a zip (not needed right now necessarily, but for future version).

If I install the zip manually from 1/25 I assume I will lose whatever nice changes are in 2.9.3 and 2.9.4? This is why I was hesitant to do it. Also I was not sure if that meant I would have a hard time upgrading to the release version with scope feature if I manually installed the zip.

As for your question "mask black bars are they needed or not"? Can you please restate the question? I am not sure what you mean. When watching 2.35+ movies there are no black bars left (they are zoomed off the screen), so I don't think you mean that.  If you are asking whether you should have a black background underneath the OSD to make it more readable against the backdrop of the video, I would say Yes, fairly dark but with some opacity. I can't recall what you did in my PM version but whatever that was, it was good. Of course you could always provide a sub-option in the menu for it. Smile 
 Yes git version is in progress work.

No zip file I have send you is 2.9.4 with scope mode.

I mean mask black bars for 16:9 content like in ScopeNox mod, see : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229199
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-01-31, 01:51)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 01:02)kaybird Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 00:46)Guilouz Wrote: Repo version is 2.9.3, git version is 2.9.4 but you can install zip file manually that I have send you in PM.

I mean mask black bars for 16:9 content like in ScopeNox mod, see : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229199 
 Thank you for those details. I installed the 2.9.4. with the scope mode and it is working. Regarding the 21:9 scope mask my opinion is that if it is quick and easy to do, then it is a handy feature to have and it is worth putting in as a toggle option. However if it is involved and time consuming you may want to skip it for now. The main reason is that many projectors have the ability to mask an image at the projector level, which can accomplish the same thing.  A mask in your software, however, would still be good because it would be more convenient to toggle on/off and would also be the only way some people could get the functionality if their projector did not support it.  But in general I would say it is a nice to have not a must have, at least for those who can do it at the projector level if they choose to.

On another note - sorry I thought I asked this earlier, but do not see my question... Can you please tell me the proper file naming format to include the aspect ratio tag for 2.35 and 2.40? For instance I have tried: "Title name (year).235.mkv", "Title name (year).240.mkv", "Title name (year).2.40.mkv" and in all cases it still shows the 16:9 tag. So maybe my format is not right?  When I do "Title name (year).Atmos.mkv" the Atmos tag shows up, so that part is working, I just can't figure out how to get the 2.35/2.40 working. Also how would you combine Atmos and the aspect ratio, like "Title name (year).Atmos.240.mkv"?
(2018-01-31, 02:49)kaybird Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 01:51)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 01:02)kaybird Wrote: This may be a silly question, but why is there one version on the repo and the other on git? Is it a case where the git is more for experimental and once it is at a good "shipping" point you then release it to the repo?

Thank you for those details. I installed the 2.9.4. with the scope mode and it is working. Regarding the 21:9 scope mask my opinion is that if it is quick and easy to do, then it is a handy feature to have and it is worth putting in as a toggle option. However if it is involved and time consuming you may want to skip it for now. The main reason is that many projectors have the ability to mask an image at the projector level, which can accomplish the same thing.  A mask in your software, however, would still be good because it would be more convenient to toggle on/off and would also be the only way some people could get the functionality if their projector did not support it.  But in general I would say it is a nice to have not a must have, at least for those who can do it at the projector level if they choose to.

On another note - sorry I thought I asked this earlier, but do not see my question... Can you please tell me the proper file naming format to include the aspect ratio tag for 2.35 and 2.40? For instance I have tried: "Title name (year).235.mkv", "Title name (year).240.mkv", "Title name (year).2.40.mkv" and in all cases it still shows the 16:9 tag. So maybe my format is not right?  When I do "Title name (year).Atmos.mkv" the Atmos tag shows up, so that part is working, I just can't figure out how to get the 2.35/2.40 working. Also how would you combine Atmos and the aspect ratio, like "Title name (year).Atmos.240.mkv"?  
 Scope mode is available on last git, setting is located in skin settings / video OSD :

If some people can try...

Not needed to tag your files with aspect ratio, Kodi detect it automatically.

I have added tag file for Atmos because Kodi does not integrate yet.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-01-31, 03:41)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 02:49)kaybird Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 01:51)Guilouz Wrote:  Yes git version is in progress work.

Scope mode is available on last git, setting is located in skin settings / video OSD :

Is the zip file I have the same as what you've posted, or should I download that?

Any plans to update other parts of the UI besides the OSD die scope mode, such as the movie wall/poster layouts and Extra Info screens etc?

Regarding the aspect ratio - Kodi says ALL of my aspect ratios are 16:9. Any idea how to get it to pick the 2.35/2.40 for the widescreen titles?
(2018-01-31, 03:53)kaybird Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 03:41)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 02:49)kaybird Wrote:  Thank you for those details. I installed the 2.9.4. with the scope mode and it is working. Regarding the 21:9 scope mask my opinion is that if it is quick and easy to do, then it is a handy feature to have and it is worth putting in as a toggle option. However if it is involved and time consuming you may want to skip it for now. The main reason is that many projectors have the ability to mask an image at the projector level, which can accomplish the same thing.  A mask in your software, however, would still be good because it would be more convenient to toggle on/off and would also be the only way some people could get the functionality if their projector did not support it.  But in general I would say it is a nice to have not a must have, at least for those who can do it at the projector level if they choose to.

ImageImage

Is the zip file I have the same as what you've posted, or should I download that?

Any plans to update other parts of the UI besides the OSD die scope mode, such as the movie wall/poster layouts and Extra Info screens etc?

Regarding the aspect ratio - Kodi says ALL of my aspect ratios are 16:9. Any idea how to get it to pick the 2.35/2.40 for the widescreen titles? 
 No, not the same, I have added more aspect ratio and a toggle button on OSD.

No, I do not plan to adjust other parts, only OSD, so much work to edit all the skin.

Check your video files resolution, if Kodi says 16:9, your video files are in 1920x1080.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hai. Can you take a look.
setting default
setting no time
(2018-01-31, 05:28)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: Hai. Can you take a look.
setting defaultsetting no time
 I think you have a conflict, with your settings file.

Try to reconfigure your settings with default settings file to see if all is ok.
 Estuary MOD V2 
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)17