• 135(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
(2017-10-27, 12:34)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 12:15)wallacebw Wrote: [quote pid='2660049' dateline='1509098155']
Plex is available on official repo and for others I invite you to contact the authors of the legal addons to publish them on the official repo .

I am not trying to be too difficult here (only a little), but you appear to have a double standard Smile.  Devs should use the official repo, but you are not hosting your add-ons in the 'official' repo

Just saying...

Just because mods are not allowed on the official repo ^^
I have a repo for people can update version easily, that's all.
[/quote]

Ok, and as stated earlier, I'm less concerned that you adopted this check than I am as to how the check is being implemented, I'll take my feedback to the right place.   

I did also mention that there appears to be something in my settings.xml (for estuarymodv2) that is causing a Kodi restart loop with this check k in place, may be worth looking into a possible crash related to the new check causing a startup loop.
It's surely hard for KODI to make a case for neutrality on one hand with regard to what users choose to do  with their software, when on the other skins start getting un-installed because the right addon criteria has not been met.

On that basis, one could equally argue the same principle should be applied if legitimate ownership of a user's video and music media cannot be properly verified......i.e. Has it been legally bought and paid for?
(2017-10-27, 11:55)Guilouz Wrote: Plex is available on official repo and for others I invite you to contact the authors of the legal addons to publish them on the official repo.

Do you at least see the hypocrisy in that statement?

You are limiting your users to a standard to which you don't even meet.

I advise you to reconsider; while I agree you are allowed to maintain your personal repository as you wish. This could compromise forum rules.

BTW did I mention, I sympathize with you!
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322918
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2017-10-27, 13:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 11:55)Guilouz Wrote: Plex is available on official repo and for others I invite you to contact the authors of the legal addons to publish them on the official repo.

I advise you to reconsider; while I agree you are allowed to maintain your personal repository as you wish. This could compromise forum rules.

How am I not responding ? I can't submitting my mod on official repo because it's no allowed. There is nothing on my repo except my mods and texture files addons.

If you don't use banned addons, skin working like before and if people do not agree with that, they are free to don't use my skin. The subject is closed.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-10-27, 14:27)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 13:10)Lunatixz Wrote:

How am I not responding ? I can't submitting my mod on official repo because it's no allowed. There is nothing on my repo except my mods and texture files addons.

If you don't use banned addons, skin working like before and if people do not agree with that, they are free to don't use my skin. The subject is closed.

and a piece of malware don't forget!
Have to agree with everyone, enforcing anti piracy on a skin mod makes no sense.
uTorrent, Transmission, Couchpotato Manager, OSCAM

All of these addons enable piracy. Does this mean the Official Kodi and Libreelec repos will be added to the blacklist?

Obviously you can see a degree of hypocrisy here, where some types of piracy or piracy enabling is ok, where as perfectly legal site scraping addons, no different to whats in the Official Kodi repo already, are banned as they are hosted in so called banned repos.

Also, as I mentioned before, the extended info script on your skin has a "Add to Couch Potato" feature, thus enabling piracy, thus making your repo eligible for the blacklist, thus sending your Kodi install into an infinite loop and ripping a hole in the space time fabric...
Good work Guilouz, its fun to see all these replys Rofl

Hopefully others will implement the same Feature Devil 

It's so easy, if you don't like it the way he build his Skin, just don't use it.
(2017-10-27, 15:03)Tanem Wrote: Good work Guilouz, its fun to see all these replys Rofl

It's so easy, if you don't like it the way he build his Skin, just don't use it.

Exactly!
Image Image
(2017-10-27, 15:29)redglory Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:03)Tanem Wrote: Good work Guilouz, its fun to see all these replys Rofl

Exactly!

Says the guy running SABnzbd, CouchPotato, Sickbeard and Headphones hahah Smile
(2017-10-27, 15:32)dan_jericho Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:29)redglory Wrote:

Exactly!

I think you don't understand the concept, but ok! Smile
Image Image
I think it would be best to leave these types of decisions to Team Kodi.
Plugin solutions will only be viewed as "Malware" and reflect negatively on the developer implementing it.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2017-10-27, 15:33)redglory Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:32)dan_jericho Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:29)redglory Wrote: Exactly!

I completely understand the concept... your method of piracy is OK, but piracy thru addons is not. I get it, makes complete sense to me.

For me neither is moral. Piracy is wrong. My view is that Im losing some specific addons that are no more illegal than BBC iPlayer or HGTV just because of where they are hosted.

Oh and before you play the "Then dont use this skin" card. I like this skin, Ive spent a long time configuring it Smile
(2017-10-27, 15:41)dan_jericho Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:33)redglory Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:32)dan_jericho Wrote: Says the guy running SABnzbd, CouchPotato, Sickbeard and Headphones hahah Smile

I completely understand the concept... your method of piracy is OK, but piracy thru addons is not. I get it, makes complete sense to me.

The concept of "If you don't like it, don't use it".
Image Image
(2017-10-27, 15:44)redglory Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:41)dan_jericho Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:33)redglory Wrote: I think you don't understand the concept, but ok! Smile

The concept of "If you don't like it, don't use it".

Ill use the skin anyhow, as I said before, I really like it and the security measure is easily disabled.

Its the hypocrisy that stinks, of which you are a prime example. On one hand you applaud an anti piracy measure but then on the other hand your using SABNzbd, CouchPotato etc which realistically are only used for one thing. Its like the Pot calling the kettle black.

Good luck with your future piracy..... enjoy :p
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)17