• 138(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
New Update 2.8.6 on repository :

• Add warning popup to just alert people and possible to disable it

• Remove unload skin for protection against banned addons

Now I hope it's clear for everyone. Skin now just doing a security check with a warning popup if banned repository are found with possibility to users to disable it.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-10-28, 05:16)Guilouz Wrote: New Update 2.8.6 on repository :

Now I hope it's clear for everyone. Skin now just doing a security check with a warning popup if banned repository are found with possibility to users to disable it.

Can you comment on how the list of banned repositories / addons is being defined?  My addon is being defined as malicious/dangerous, which I respectfully disagree with.
(2017-10-28, 05:26)zachmorris Wrote:

Can you comment on how the list of banned repositories / addons is being defined?

List is defined in Caretaker script author, this list come from here : https://gist.github.com/CvH/42ec8eac3364...d05754f075
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-10-28, 05:34)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 05:26)zachmorris Wrote:

Can you comment on how the list of banned repositories / addons is being defined?

List is defined in Caretaker script author, this list come from here : https://gist.github.com/CvH/42ec8eac3364...d05754f075

OK.  I don't see any method to provide an issue or PR for this list.  Funny enough the description of the list says "most likely false-positives included" What do you recommend?
(2017-10-28, 05:26)zachmorris Wrote: Can you comment on how the list of banned repositories / addons is being defined?

But what is the criteria for inclusion? 

How is the list compiled?

Is there any oversight, a review process, a method for repo managers to request removal if their repo actually doesn't have any illegal addons?
(2017-10-28, 05:36)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 05:26)zachmorris Wrote: Can you comment on how the list of banned repositories / addons is being defined?

OK.  I don't see any method to provide an issue or PR for this list.  What do you recommend?

I can point to another url with safe repository name removed. That's why I have asked the list of repositories that are safe.
 Estuary MOD V2 
It's good that it's a two-way discussion and not a closed topic, even if it could have been avoided ...
Can you not display fanart background on the main menus?

Great work with this though Smile

Edit:
Ah, I had to select "none" for the bkg..sorry Smile
Great mod, so thank you.
Would it be possible to show the album or movie information when a widget is selected.
Thank you again
I think such a list should be centrally managed by the kodi team.
On top of that i think we should be making a new blacklist, to see which repo's realy are evil, 
Not a white list to see which addons are proven to be safe.
I think the black list should be addons level, not repo level. I'm using repo that offers very useful addons, which provide local subtitles nowhere else to be found, but the same time also offers some really, really bad addons. Blacklisting the whole repo would kill the good ones too, which makes no sense ... and yes - such a blacklist should be managed by the Kodi developers with the active support of the community.
Deleted
(2017-10-27, 23:06)lepoilu Wrote: Re:
a priori no, it is the repo that is used to install it that is in the list if I understood correctly ...
Yes you are right. Caretaker does NOT check which addons are installed. It just checks if any repo from a blacklist is installed. A repo will be blacklisted if the repo at least contains one bad addon. So a repo may contain 1000 good ones and one bad one, it becomes blacklisted. If you have installed the repo and 5 good addons only, caretaker will notify you, that you have installed a repo tha contains at least one bad addon.
Thats all.
If for what ever reason you think a repo is blacklistet by error, you are free to contact blacklist maintainer @Namerp. (see here )
@Guilouz good job, keep it up (you should have kept unload function or (if possible) switch to standard estuary. This way, you won't run against the problem of making KODI unusable :-)..)
@sualfred good job, keep it up
@bj1. greatscript
(2017-10-28, 05:36)zachmorris Wrote: OK.  I don't see any method to provide an issue or PR for this list.  Funny enough the description of the list says "most likely false-positives included" What do you recommend?
Plz make a PR against the repo on github. All you need you'll find within the addon.xml of the caretaker.
(2017-10-28, 12:10)joro_abv Wrote: I think the black list should be addons level, not repo level. 

That is not possible due the Kodi repo system that every repo could overwrite another repo. 
Even if a repo contains only one crap.addon it could overwrite every clean repo. So just blocking addon.name would be absolutely useless if someone just overwrites some "normal" script with an tracker, logger, miner or ddoser functionality (as seen in the past).

The list (that I maintain for a forum) + caretaker addon (by BJ1) was never released to "soft kill" an installation - instead just an warning/notification should be shown. Anything else is addon/skin makers choice - like always.

If someone thinks that some repo is wrongly at that list pls pm me or directly write an comment at github.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)17