• 202(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
(2018-01-31, 05:14)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 03:53)kaybird Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 03:41)Guilouz Wrote:  Scope mode is available on last git, setting is located in skin settings / video OSD :

If some people can try...

Not needed to tag your files with aspect ratio, Kodi detect it automatically.

I have added tag file for Atmos because Kodi does not integrate yet. 

Is the zip file I have the same as what you've posted, or should I download that?

Any plans to update other parts of the UI besides the OSD die scope mode, such as the movie wall/poster layouts and Extra Info screens etc?

Regarding the aspect ratio - Kodi says ALL of my aspect ratios are 16:9. Any idea how to get it to pick the 2.35/2.40 for the widescreen titles?  
 No, not the same, I have added more aspect ratio and a toggle button on OSD.

No, I do not plan to adjust other parts, only OSD, so much work to edit all the skin.

Check your video files resolution, if Kodi says 16:9, your video files are in 1920x1080. 
OK I will check out the latest Github version and post back here with feedback.

Regarding no plans to adjust other parts, only OSD - I understand. This is a great start and is the most important part so thank you very much. And based on feedback from others maybe over time you will slowly update the skin for scope support in other areas. If I could pick one other area it would be the movie wall/selection part of the UI.

Maybe if it is easy you could just move the tags up so they are not zoomed off the screen. This way when in scope mode we can see the tags with running time and expected end time.  Would that be easy to just tweak that up x pixels, without redoing the actual thumbnail grid layouts and all?
Regarding the aspect ratio - there is a known issue where the video is always the full 1080p or 4K resolution in many cases even for 2.40 movies, because the black bars are still considered part of the source/resolution.  In fact you can see in the first post of the ScopeNox thread the author says this:

Quote:For some people the aspect ratios shown are wrong in Kodi as a result of their rips containing the black bars, i.e. a 1920x1080 video as opposed to a 1920x800 video.
To get around this, as of v1.3, you can include the aspect ratio in the folder name, e.g. "Theory of Everything, The (2014) 2.35". In this case the 21:9 aspect ratio would show in Kodi. If its not in the filename then the usual aspect ratio will be shown.

It would be great if you could implement the same work around, like what you did for Atmos but also now for the aspect ration. Like "Name of title (year).Atmos.240.xyz" or something similar?
For me it is not useful to integrate this. if you encode your bluray with black bar it's normal you have 16:9 aspect ratio because your video have a resolution 1920x1080.
If you encode only video without black bars, you will have a 2:40 aspect ratio (1920x800).
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hello Guilouz,
great to see that your skin support now CIH zoomed beamer. Regarding the correct aspect ratio for each video i suggest a autoaspect ratio detection like done in This Mod with addon KodiCallback. For better handling the formats you could add a button in osd window or something like shown Here?
As i understand the CIH works current only for movies and not for pvr tv right?
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-01-31, 19:26)tehax Wrote: Hello Guilouz,
great to see that your skin support now CIH zoomed beamer. Regarding the correct aspect ratio for each video i suggest a autoaspect ratio detection like done in This Mod with addon KodiCallback. For better handling the formats you could add a button in osd window or something like shown Here?
As i understand the CIH works current only for movies and not for pvr tv right?
 It's very difficult to work without testing, I will stay on a basic integration and only for video OSD.

Is it needed for live TV ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
I use my beamer daily most for tv, so yes, but a button for aspect rations change would be very helpful for easy usage.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
(2018-01-31, 13:29)Guilouz Wrote: For me it is not useful to integrate this. if you encode your bluray with black bar it's normal you have 16:9 aspect ratio because your video have a resolution 1920x1080.
If you encode only video without black bars, you will have a 2:40 aspect ratio (1920x800).
 Yes I know what you are saying. But in many cases the video is encoded with the black bars. There is a very good reason why ScopeNox put that feature in, mainly because so many people had the bars encoded and found it very valuable, so I am hoping you can do the same - especially if it is not complex to do.

Also I totally understand why you do not have the time redo the UI for scope mode, that is a big undertaking for sure. However if it is pretty easy it would be really useful for us scope users if on the main movie selection screen (infowall etc) if you had an option that would move the line of tags (sound mode, 4k vs 1080p, aspect ratio, running time, ending time etc) up x pixels according to the video scope setting, so that the tags will be inside the video area and not zoomed off the screen.  I am not saying to redo the movie thumbnail grids etc, just move the one line up to fit. Maybe you will please consider it?

I tried the latest Git and it seems to be working nicely, although I need to check with 1.85 content it may need to be moved more inward in top and bottom, will let you know.
(2018-01-31, 21:58)tehax Wrote: I use my beamer daily most for tv, so yes, but a button for aspect rations change would be very helpful for easy usage.
 If I understand what you are saying, he already has added in that aspect ratio change selection control in the OSD. Are you using the latest from his git? There is a little icon on that bar with a projector on it - try clicking on it I think it'll do what you want.
Oh, i did't notice that Cool  ​​​​​​i am watching to much tv Wink
(2018-01-31, 21:58)tehax Wrote: I use my beamer daily most for tv, so yes, but a button for aspect rations change would be very helpful for easy usage.
 Enable for Live TV too on last git.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-01-31, 22:11)kaybird Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 13:29)Guilouz Wrote: For me it is not useful to integrate this. if you encode your bluray with black bar it's normal you have 16:9 aspect ratio because your video have a resolution 1920x1080.
 Yes I know what you are saying. But in many cases the video is encoded with the black bars. There is a very good reason why ScopeNox put that feature in, mainly because so many people had the bars encoded and found it very valuable, so I am hoping you can do the same - especially if it is not complex to do.

Also I totally understand why you do not have the time redo the UI for scope mode, that is a big undertaking for sure. However if it is pretty easy it would be really useful for us scope users if on the main movie selection screen (infowall etc) if you had an option that would move the line of tags (sound mode, 4k vs 1080p, aspect ratio, running time, ending time etc) up x pixels according to the video scope setting, so that the tags will be inside the video area and not zoomed off the screen.  I am not saying to redo the movie thumbnail grids etc, just move the one line up to fit. Maybe you will please consider it?

I tried the latest Git and it seems to be working nicely, although I need to check with 1.85 content it may need to be moved more inward in top and bottom, will let you know. 
 Rendering for media flags bar is not good if I move it depending with scope resolution (for exemple in video info dialog, mediaflags are over buttons).
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-01-29, 23:34)lepoilu Wrote:
(2018-01-29, 21:55)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-29, 18:58)lepoilu Wrote:  That's what I thought.
A little return to the movie sheets and we still come back to where we were, perfect.
I am very happy with the option !

Thank you for the answer

edit:

I noticed a bug when selecting letters, it is impossible to choose, the cursor makes it shake.   
 Cursor selection working fine for me :  
Ok !
I had the same thing on the previous version and I have nothing in the logs that could give me indications, maybe because of the latest versions of Leia ...
I re-downloaded the zip, installed the skin again, it's the same.
That's what it makes me, little video: ICI

Thank you. 
Hello,

If it can help solve the problem.
I copied the configuration on the PC (Same leai version of this day), the cursor does not tremble and I can select a letter.
So the problem would be under Android (Shield TV) and functional under Windows.
Bug on many of my Shields.
Note that it worked in previous versions.
The bug appeared it seems to me since 2.9.2, or at least since this version.

Thank you
Hello,

I wanted to know if it was possible to add the year with the name of the film, as in some views, browsing Info Wall (poster) we do not have this info.
A line to edit in the View_54_InfoWall.xml?

Thank you

example:

(2018-01-31, 22:44)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 22:11)kaybird Wrote:

Rendering for media flags bar is not good if I move it depending with scope resolution (for exemple in video info dialog, mediaflags are over buttons). 
 I was thinking maybe you could move it only on the Movies section when browsing thumbnails/posters? Then it would only be in the way of the thumbnails/posters under it. Just a thought.
(2018-01-31, 23:24)lepoilu Wrote:
(2018-01-29, 23:34)lepoilu Wrote:
(2018-01-29, 21:55)Guilouz Wrote:  Cursor selection working fine for me :  
Ok !
I had the same thing on the previous version and I have nothing in the logs that could give me indications, maybe because of the latest versions of Leia ...
I re-downloaded the zip, installed the skin again, it's the same.
That's what it makes me, little video: ICI

Thank you.  
Hello,

If it can help solve the problem.
I copied the configuration on the PC (Same leai version of this day), the cursor does not tremble and I can select a letter.
So the problem would be under Android (Shield TV) and functional under Windows.
Bug on many of my Shields.
Note that it worked in previous versions.
The bug appeared it seems to me since 2.9.2, or at least since this version.

Thank you 
 I have change nothing with this since many versions. It's just a window dialog that SHS used. I think more about an issue with Android since it works on OSX, LibreELEC and Windows.
 Estuary MOD V2 
That's also what I think.
I would watch to see if I find something.

Thank you
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)17