Problem scanning huge source (mem leak)?
(2017-03-01, 08:25)DaveBlake Wrote: Cleanup issues

Thanks for the log, it does help me to see details. Of course I want more info.

(2017-02-27, 23:25)Rusendusen Wrote: Kodi was stuck this morning and process still running on DB
Code:
46768 | kodi | 192.168.5.7:52982 | MyMusic60 | Query   | 35054 | Sending data | delete from artist where idArtist not in (select idArtist from tmp_delartists)

The kodi.log shows it doing the hard part - song paths, slowly but completed - yet as you said hangs on artists.
I can only wonder if the LDP/skin.widgets polling queries somewhow interrupted the cleaning. Did you have the cleaning problem before installing Xonfluence?

I assume that the temp table has gone now, but that the artists haven't. I wonder how many it was trying to delete? Some SQL for you to use to find out.
Code:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp_delartists (idArtist integer) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
INSERT INTO tmp_delartists select idArtist from song_artist;
INSERT INTO tmp_delartists select idArtist from album_artist;
INSERT INTO tmp_delartists VALUES(1);
SELECT COUNT(1) FROM artist WHERE idArtist NOT IN  (SELECT idArtist FROM tmp_delartists);
I'll make a SQL expert of you eventually Smile

Copy & paste doesn't make an expert, but I'm learning :-)
Code:
MariaDB [MyMusic60]> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp_delartists (idArtist integer) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_c;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.26 sec)

MariaDB [MyMusic60]> INSERT INTO tmp_delartists select idArtist from song_artist;
Query OK, 362217 rows affected (17.83 sec)
Records: 362217  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

MariaDB [MyMusic60]> INSERT INTO tmp_delartists select idArtist from album_artist;
Query OK, 8344 rows affected (0.35 sec)
Records: 8344  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

MariaDB [MyMusic60]> INSERT INTO tmp_delartists VALUES(1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.04 sec)

MariaDB [MyMusic60]> SELECT COUNT(1) FROM artist WHERE idArtist NOT IN  (SELECT idArtist FROM tmp_delartists);
+----------+
| COUNT(1) |
+----------+
|        0 |
+----------+
1 row in set (3.64 sec)

Quote:
(2017-02-28, 21:28)Rusendusen Wrote: I have to add for the cleaning part, that there wasn't any artists or folders (re) moved. Last time I scanned source and did some rearrangement in my folder structure, so the cleanup was a 'real' cleanup. The cascades came within seconds up to multiple hours in between each.

Just to confirm by "cascades" do you mean that the MySQL log showed repeats of the set
Code:
Query DELETE FROM album_artist WHERE album_artist.idArtist = old.idArtist
Query DELETE FROM song_artist WHERE song_artist.idArtist = old.idArtist
Query DELETE FROM discography WHERE discography.idArtist = old.idArtist
Query DELETE FROM art WHERE media_id=old.idArtist AND media_type='artist'
with hours of "silence" in between each repeat?
Yes.
As the above result was 0, I could move a folder (or rename it, touch it, whatever), update DB and do a cleanup with something to clean and provide a new kodi.log and mysql.log with Estuary and no ldp & skin.helper

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem scanning source - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-12, 13:00
RE: Problem scanning source - by Uatschitchun - 2017-02-12, 21:51
RE: Problem scanning huge source (mem leak)? - by Uatschitchun - 2017-03-01, 14:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem scanning huge source (mem leak)?0