Kodi and Third-Party Add-ons
First of all, I wasn't even talking to you. It was DaveBlake I was addressing. If you don't agree with what I say, that's fine. We all have differing opinions. Don't call what I've written "crap." I haven't said that about what you've written; do not say that about what I have written.
(2017-02-12, 18:27)Piracy Cop Wrote: If you don't agree with what I say, that's fine. We all have differing opinions. Don't call what I've written "crap." I haven't said that about what you've written; do not say that about what I have written.
What should i call it if I think it's crap?
You can say you agree to disagree. You, me or anyone else is in no position to say anything anyone here has written is crap. We are not children. Let's not act like them.
(2017-02-12, 18:30)Piracy Cop Wrote: You can say you agree to disagree. You, me or anyone else is in no position to say anything anyone here has written is crap. We are not children. Let's not act like them.
But I don't agree to disagree. I think what you've written is uninformed crap.
Saying anything else would be disingenuous.

If you like I can soften the pill, by saying you clearly don't understand Team Kodi's position which is why you're writing doo-doo silly posts.
Better?
Okay. The gloves are off. And you're a fucking Frog. Better, asshole?!
Not really, as I'm not French. Thanks for playing though.

I see 'We are not children' didn't last long. Laugh
(2017-02-12, 18:36)Piracy Cop Wrote: Okay. The gloves are off. And you're a fucking Frog. Better, asshole?!
(2017-02-12, 18:37)trogggy Wrote: Not really, as I'm not French. Thanks for playing though.

(2017-02-12, 18:22)Piracy Cop Wrote: Don't talk down to me.
That is very hard not to do.

Piracy Cop Wrote: Why would you continue developing something that very few people use? Don't give me hogwash about getting your cookies by collaborating with intelligent colleagues.
I happily dev software only one person uses i.e. me, having others to work with is more fun (most of the time) and enables greater things to be achieved in a shorter time. I happily contribute to the community too, but none of us need millions of users with all the naging, moaning, and expectant demanding that comes with it. No "hogwash", you obviously know very little about open source.

(2017-02-12, 17:45)ronie Wrote: * ronie mumbles something about not feeding the trolls.
So true. This thread isn't going to last much longer is it.
(2017-02-12, 18:37)trogggy Wrote: Not really, as I'm not French. Thanks for playing though.

Calling what I post "crap" isn't childish, though, is it? You're on ignore.
(2017-02-12, 18:36)Piracy Cop Wrote: Okay. The gloves are off. And you're a fucking Frog. Better, asshole?!
You are on thin ice. Knock it off
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Don't feed the troll guys
(2017-02-12, 18:22)Piracy Cop Wrote: Why would you continue developing something that very few people use?

And that's the point about you not having a clue about what FLOSS is.
We don't care *at all* about other people using it. We develop it for our own use, and are open enough to share binaries with those interested.

Don't think about us as a "Roku-like". Roku is a commercial business taking your money. We are not.

(1974-09-18, 01:14)Piracy Cop Wrote: We use the Roku for paid add-ons like Hulu and Netflix

And that's why you don't get it. Kodi was made to play content you *own*, CD / DVD / BD, most often ripped as easy to manage files on disk.
Addons were an afterthought, which was abused by pirates.

Should Firefox remove video playback ability to avoid it being used to play illegal streams, although it's not it's "core usage"? Nope.
Should VLC be burned at the stake because it allows to playback illegal streams? Nope.
So Kodi shouldn't remove the addon system because it can be abused...

Now that it's clear you are arguing about something you have no clue about (which can be defined as trolling), I think a mod could close this thread.
This thread is going around in circles.

It's been more than explained that folks develop this for fun, not profit.

It's been explained that it's a legal obligation under the terms of the licence to release the code, and that the code could thus be modified immediately if third-party addons were blocked.

It's been explained that there is a significant number of users (yes, I'm another one) who do not do any streaming of any kind, so the assertion that "most users" and similar is baseless. And, even if it isn't, losing a few million free-loading, entitled muppets would upset precisely no-one in the team.

So... closed.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Can we please simply close the forum for 2 weeks or 2 years or so - that would roughly indicate how much i care about the userbase.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and Third-Party Add-ons0