Music, music videos text database possible to download ...
Hi ,
I am new user of Kodi with big set of music videos. I tried both 'mv' scrapers. The second is mad and the result of it's work is crazy and can not be used seriously , but gives big fun in the first hour of use it's results.
The first (TheAudioDb) if works (it has to be rare occasion) returns very very limited results.
I am not able to understand why using in the name the chars ' ` - & , or not using it, prevents receiving correct result. I read, the only way is to create own .nfo files with data based on the name of music files .
It is easy for me , because I keep my set in one place on my NAS and use only links to files , which I am able to create in every way in every nameing convention (created special subdirectory for Kodi with " - " separator).
My files are labeled not only with using artist and title names but additional if band or singer, if singer - female or male , the type of music (but very limited set), file quality, music quality , adult info ... but it is not enough or not all data are correct data (especial music type). I am sure I will find in the database better information (maybe except adult info).
I imagined the access to text version database about music (or music videos if exists). I will be able to find additional information from text records if I use artist and title from my music file (gawk,grep,...). If text database about music videos does not exist, it can be music database . The information about producter or film company is not very important.

Time for my question. Do you know about possible to download music text database ?

It has to use repeated internal structure , where fe. music type info will be at the same field possion in each record, possible to make a search for fields without parsing each record each time.
(I want to be precise, I do not need descriptions or links to pictures in the internet , only data : <title> , <artist> , <album>, <genre>, <year> all the rest will be a bonus )
You simply need to rename your music videos to <title> - <artist>.<ext>

TheAudioDB Scraper should work perfectly then.

Here is the topic for discussion

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136105&page=16

You can of course modify the scraper REGEX to your liking if you want to keep your music video naming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music, music videos text database possible to download ...0