Win Kodi 17 freezes on exit
I don't have that installed.
@Sponky

Your debug log is not complete, might be useful to not scrape the library on start and for the purposes of debugging, disable the weather.
I noticed that. I think the log is incomplete because of the crash on exit.

I'll disable weather and updating on start-up and try again as soon as I can.
If it crashed at the point of the user log up-loader, then cut & paste the user log manually. I should note with larger collections that are scraping on start, these logs have to be written out at close, and the file can be huge megabytes to write and can take a while before this task is done. I scrape manually when I add stuff, keeping logs to a minimum.
I just installed some Windows updates. After the updates were installed and the system restarted I ran Kodi and had to allow firewall access (again?).

Not sure if it was the updates or firewall access but Kodi is no longer crashing on exit.
Probably the updates.
(2017-02-15, 01:51)PatK Wrote: Yes it's these waiting for a network response, that ultimately holds up the proper exit. Sometimes it's add-ons that have a path into the twilghtzone, and other times it's the local network taking it's time when other machines are off and not responding. Using process explorer will give you an idea of what rogue extras are holding up the show, sometimes the log will show a 404 failure or unreleased object.

I'm also having this issue... happens every few times I close Kodi. Is it possible to have Kodi force close these "rogue extras" and paths when you click exit so that it can close properly?
If the add-on was written properly then a time out of a minute or two should have it clear. Does the interface disappear quickly and the back end hangs in, or does the interface hold up the works.... What about if you went to windowed mode before you quit. If you put silent debugging in your advancedsettings.xml and do a scan update, the file log file can be very large, and needs to be written out after close, in my case it was close to 3 minutes!

The procedure with PE I pointed to earlier should give you a clue to what call is holding up the exit.
The interface freezes... you have to use the task manager to kill it. It makes no difference if I'm running in fullscreen, or windowed fullscreen... it will occasionally freeze either way. My completely amateur opinion is that it has something to do with minimizing Kodi... it doesn't seem to freeze if I haven't had it minimized at some point... but this is just speculation on my end. When it does freeze I have let it go for quite some time to see if it would eventually close on its own, but it doesn't seem to.
Exit when it's in windowed mode, that way MS windows carries most of the frame structure. Give us a full debug log (turn off scanning) launch go to windowed mdoe (not full screen), and then exit.

it doesn't seem to freeze if this points back at the graphic chips that put the screen back up, Run PE you should see it slowly exit as the tasks get killed.
Ok, so you recommend windowed fullscreen over fullscreen? I did get the freeze in both (didn't keep track of how often, unfortunately)... but I can definitely change back to windowed fullscreen if that is recommended... and you want a debug log of exiting from windowed fullscreen mode? Just making sure I understand. Thanks.
I'm not recommending anything, suggesting if the issue is easily repeatable, to upload a debug log and using windowed mode only would help simplify. If the issue is not easily repeatable, it's likely to be an add-on, perhaps a debug log would offer a hint.
Well, one thing I did notice is that it did not freeze on me today, and also today I did not get repeated pop-up notification errors from an add-on called extendedinfo that I was getting previously.
I have the same problem on windows and in linux.

Someone still doubt that it's a bug? I don't know how to fix...Sad
Mine having force close, everytime I finish to watch a video

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 freezes on exit0