Commercial Skipping in MythTV now freezes
Krypton 17.0 commercial detection works but skipping the commercial freezes (pauses) now. In the previous release candidate it worked perfectly and have gone back to this version. I am in Australia if that makes a difference.

The problem is present on many platforms and points to the latest revision of the add-on 14.12.12, I have MacBook Pro, Sony AndroidTV, AppleTV Gen4 and Ubuntu clients.

Thanks Barry.
(2017-02-14, 00:35)bhee1628 Wrote: Krypton 17.0 commercial detection works but skipping the commercial freezes (pauses) now. In the previous release candidate it worked perfectly and have gone back to this version. I am in Australia if that makes a difference.

The problem is present on many platforms and points to the latest revision of the add-on 14.12.12, I have MacBook Pro, Sony AndroidTV, AppleTV Gen4 and Ubuntu clients.

Thanks Barry.

It's a known problem with the player. A fix is supposed to be in the works but not out yet
I am running 17.0-RC3 and commercial detection and skipping are working perfectly. Not sure what you mean 'a fix is supposed to be in the works but not out yet'.
When final was released the video player was rolled back, there is a pr for a fix. It has nothing to do with pvr.myth
Thank goodness for the old-stable ppa.

Reverted back to 16.1 and all is well.

Hopefully there will be an interim release with fixes or 17.1 coming out soon. Really don't want to wait until Leia 18 (or switch to the daily builds ppa) for a fix for this important feature.
(2017-02-14, 13:49)disaacso Wrote: When final was released the video player was rolled back, there is a pr for a fix. It has nothing to do with pvr.myth

Thanks
I decided to move forward with Kodi 18 Alpha 1 and pvr-mythtv-dev (5.0.9) on my NUC with Ubuntu 16.04.1. Commercial skipping works but jumps to the end of the commercial then displays the "Commercial" dialog and length of commercial. Worked better in Kodi 17.RC3 where the announcement was a few seconds before the commercial. I'm happy that it skips the commercial anyway.
Edl is operating again in v17.1 rc1 for anyone having issues with it
Corresponding OSMC thread here indicates 17.1 rc1 did not fix it:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/edl-in-mythp...osmc/22163
(2017-02-26, 08:51)rodr Wrote: Corresponding OSMC thread here indicates 17.1 rc1 did not fix it:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/edl-in-mythp...osmc/22163

Weird, works just fine for me now using Ubuntu 16.04. Maybe it's an osmc specific problem. Perhaps try to post in the video section, might get more help there
Where is the bug report for this in Trac?
(2017-03-01, 03:56)lasers Wrote: Where is the bug report for this in Trac?

I think this might be it...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11714

Does anybody know of a workaround? I'm on libreelec and they haven't updated to version 17.1 just yet, which is where this is supposedly fixed. I can disable commercial skipping in the Myth PVR client, but I often move my recordings from myth into the Kodi library. When I do this and play it through the kodi player, Kodi finds the commercials but it will hang. Flipping the option in the client does nothing to the moved files to the kodi library.
Try hitting the up-arrow key when it hangs. That works for me to skip the commercial and continue.
(2017-03-07, 22:29)rodr Wrote: Try hitting the up-arrow key when it hangs. That works for me to skip the commercial and continue.
Yes that works for me too. Sometimes the commercial skip happens as expected, but when the screen goes black, hitting the up-arrow on my remote makes the skip work.
I use Kodi 17.0 with myth 0.28 backend, running on mythbuntu 16.04.

I recently updated all the packages on my system and this problem has disappeared, thank goodness.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commercial Skipping in MythTV now freezes0