Help, I don't speak Dothraki!
tl,dr:
Is there a service/addon/provider that will retrieve/display the subtitles for non-English (Klingon, Elvish, Dothraki, etc.) passages?

I get that these *should* be available within the .mkv container, and that the "Forced" tag needs to be enabled, but it is a problem nearly every time the family watches a movie that the format is wrong. Short of painstakingly going through each .mkv and fixing the problem the right way by editing the file, is there a workaround using the subtitle services to provide them?

Specifically:
  • Do any of the services (opensubtitles.org, etc.) provide such a specific subtitle format?
    • Can this be set to override the local subtitles?
    • Has anyone pursued this type of workaround to side-step improperly tagged .mkv files?

If this has been discussed at length before, please direct me to the forum. My searches have only found the methodology for correcting forced subtitle insufficiencies using MKVMerge, etc. My issue with these (even though it's the 'right' way to do it) is that it's most often done *after* the problem is realized, rather than a pro-active solution. I.e., after I've spent the duration of the show/movie toggling the subtitles on and off (and inevitably rewinding to catch something I wasn't quick enough to toggle for) while the family watches.
    Seems like there should be a more elegant solution.

Any direction would be appreciated.
    -Erik

Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800
Is there a different subforum I should be posting this in?
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help, I don't speak Dothraki!0