[WARNING] MeediOS will die...
I misread - you were referring to addon developers having to use github. That's true, but if I've learned anything in using HTPCs since 2004, it's that systems fade and new ones appear. Having code on github at least allows developers the opportunity to port to the next upcoming htpc software.
(2021-11-24, 17:40)selfcontained Wrote: I misread - you were referring to addon developers having to use github. That's true, but if I've learned anything in using HTPCs since 2004, it's that systems fade and new ones appear. Having code on github at least allows developers the opportunity to port to the next upcoming htpc software.

Yeh I have nothing against using GIT for the source code, I Love it as well.

Its just the barrior of a new developer creating pull requests and making changes ect before being allowed on the Kodi Repo. That was never the case with OpenMAID, but still achieved the same thing. It was literally a 1 click button to upload your Add-on and just needed a mod to approve it. I've never seen a better submission system to this day. What really made it shine was anyone being able to update it which meant there were very few abandoned Add-ons for Meedio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WARNING] MeediOS will die...1