season plot
hey
I saw a discussion about it years ago, are there any hard limitations to integrate season plots?
For anthologies like Fargo, American Horror Story (which seasons are completely independent), this would be really helpful.
Is this still on your list for a future release?

Best regards
I don't think the tvdb supports this? If there's a site that does supports this it wouldn't be hard to add.
(2017-02-15, 14:34)BigNoid Wrote: I don't think the tvdb supports this? If there's a site that does supports this it wouldn't be hard to add.

yeah looks like only themoviedb supports it, but it works fine in Emby. So I guess this is doable for Kodi, too.
(2017-02-15, 14:34)BigNoid Wrote: I don't think the tvdb supports this? If there's a site that does supports this it wouldn't be hard to add.

As said, the themoviedb has supported it for a long time but our scrapers needs updating.
(2017-02-16, 00:02)Hitcher Wrote:

As said, the themoviedb has supported it for a long time but our scrapers needs updating.

The Kodi video database needs to be updated too, doesn't it?
I'm using Emby where season's plot are stored, but it is not being shown in Kodi.
So as I understood at the moment the Kodi video database is not able to store season's plot...?
(2017-02-16, 00:09)horstepipe Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 00:02)Hitcher Wrote:

I'm using Emby where season's plot are stored, but it is not being shown in Kodi.
So as I understood at the moment the Kodi video database is not able to store season's plot...?

Atm the video info dialog for seasons basically shows TV show information. That would need to be adjusted also, correct.
(2017-02-16, 10:56)BigNoid Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 00:09)horstepipe Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 00:02)Hitcher Wrote: As said, the themoviedb has supported it for a long time but our scrapers needs updating.

Atm the video info dialog for seasons basically shows TV show information. That would need to be adjusted also, correct.

Already started by mkortstiege -

https://github.com/mkortstiege/xbmc/tree...nfo-dialog
(2017-02-16, 16:54)Hitcher Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 10:56)BigNoid Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 00:09)horstepipe Wrote: The Kodi video database needs to be updated too, doesn't it?

Already started by mkortstiege -

will this be merged to Kodi 18?
Thank you
(2017-02-16, 16:54)Hitcher Wrote: Already started by mkortstiege -

Last commit on this season-info-dialog branch: 31 Aug 2015.

This feature doesn't seem to be developed anymore or if it worked, never be merged to the master Kodi branch to be release.

Currently, scraper like Ember and else use TMDB to fetch this data and record seasons plot in tvshow.nfo in seasondetails > plot tag.

Example:

Code:
<seasondetails>
      <season>1</season>
      <title>Season 1</title>
      <plot>Trouble is brewing in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. For the driven inhabitants of this visionary world, control of Westeros' Iron Throne holds the lure of great power. But in a land where the seasons can last a lifetime, winter is coming...and beyond the Great Wall that protects them, an ancient evil has returned. In Season One, the story centers on three primary areas: the Stark and the Lannister families, whose designs on controlling the throne threaten a tenuous peace; the dragon princess Daenerys, heir to the former dynasty, who waits just over the Narrow Sea with her malevolent brother Viserys; and the Great Wall--a massive barrier of ice where a forgotten danger is stirring.</plot>
      <tmdb>3624</tmdb>
      <tvdb>364731</tvdb>
      <locked>false</locked>
    </seasondetails>
    <seasondetails>
      <season>2</season>
      <title>Season 2</title>
      <plot>The cold winds of winter are rising in Westeros...war is coming...and five kings continue their savage quest for control of the all-powerful Iron Throne. With winter fast approaching, the coveted Iron Throne is occupied by the cruel Joffrey, counseled by his conniving mother Cersei and uncle Tyrion. But the Lannister hold on the Throne is under assault on many fronts. Meanwhile, a new leader is rising among the wildings outside the Great Wall, adding new perils for Jon Snow and the order of the Night's Watch.</plot>
      <tmdb>3625</tmdb>
      <tvdb>473271</tvdb>
      <locked>false</locked>
    </seasondetails>

Please add this feature in Kodi.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
Patches welcome.
Hey
Just want to kindly ask again if any Kodi core dev wants to look at this before Kodi 18 feature freezes?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
season plot0