Kodi v17 hangs/freezes on exit [solved]
I updated from v.16 recently and now when I choose "Exit" from the power screen it freezes or hangs for a long time. If I choose "Power Off System", it freezes. I never encountered this problem with any of the earlier versions of Kodi. I'm running Kodi on a full install of Linux Mint 18.1 with an AMD Athlon 5350 with 4GB RAM. The video and audio are from the cpu and ASRock AM1H-ITX motherboard. The output goes to my TV through my receiver via HDMI. My htpc uses a wired connection to the internet.
Does anyone have a solution for me?
As of this typing 54 people read my post and no one seem to have any solutions for me. Instead of trying to figure out what was causing the problem I completely uninstalled Kodi v.17, including deleting the .kodi folder from "Home", and reinstalled. I've tweaked it to my liking and it seems to be working fine. I've hit "Exit" a few times and it exits without freezing or having a long wait. Thanks to all that took the time to read with the intention of being of assistance.
I guess one of the reason you did not get any respond is becous you did not follow the rules when it comes to post a problem

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233369
I couldn't post a debug log. I tried but the apps to do so wouldn't work. After trying numerous times to get and upload a log I decided to uninstall and start from scratch.
Hangs on exit on my system, too.
Not sure why this is SOLVED -- reinstalling the entire app should be a last resort. I will have to do this too, I guess, since it is happening for me as well.SadSadSad
kodi has been randomly hanging instead of suspending for me for years, i believe its something to do with the nvidia drivers crashing. obviously reinstalling doesn't fix the issue.

also lately i noticed etherwake (WOL) no longer works, so i assume they've changed how suspend works in 18a in the last week or two
(2017-07-04, 10:28)sej7278 Wrote: kodi has been randomly hanging instead of suspending for me for years, i believe its something to do with the nvidia drivers crashing. obviously reinstalling doesn't fix the issue.
It hangs with Intel too sometimes, i would guess some add-on related issue.
(2017-07-04, 13:42)P.Kosunen Wrote:
(2017-07-04, 10:28)sej7278 Wrote: kodi has been randomly hanging instead of suspending for me for years, i believe its something to do with the nvidia drivers crashing. obviously reinstalling doesn't fix the issue.
It hangs with Intel too sometimes, i would guess some add-on related issue.

i don't use addons, and it seems unlikely since its been hanging on suspend since kodi 11
Mine did that after leaving 16 as well
just have to pkill it when I want it closed
No Debug Log no issue
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v17 hangs/freezes on exit [solved]0