Is there a way to get Netflix for Android TV to work on non-Android TVs?
I appologize in advance if this is violating the rules. I don't think it is since I am discussing an app that cannot be used without a valid subscription (which I have). but I'm open to being wrong.

At a friends house who has an Android TV I was surprised when I saw Netflix looked completely different from the Netflix I have from the App store. Come to realize there is a "Netflix for Android TV" that has that 10-foot interface. I love it. I want it. First I did get it loaded on my android device (S912) but every time I try to play a video I get

"Netflix Error tvq-pm-100" - Cant play this video at this time.

Doing a limited amount of research it looks like the stream won't work if Netflix identifies I dont have a certified streaming device. Bummer.

1. Has anyone got this to work on a non-certified device?
2. Has anyone seen and FIXED this error - what did you do?
3. If I was able to change how my device is presented (by modifying build.prop manufacturer, etc - would that work)

To be clear, not looking for HD Netflix, just to get my netflix content to play through the Netflix for Android TV application.

Thanks,
This is a Kodi for Android support forum not a general Android forum so your question is at best off topic.

To answer your question though, I think you'll find yourself out of luck I'm afraid.

Netflix checks for certified devices as a security measure. Any discussion on how to circumvent that (if it is even possible) we will not allow on the forum.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Understood. I tried Smile

Thanks Dangelus
We already have a list of Known Working devices for 1080p/4K Netflix. Anyone that tries to tell you their device does HD Netflix is full of BS.

Hint: read the START HERE hardware sticky thread.

Any other Android Kodi device not on that list has no hope of getting any better than 480p Netflix because you need proper Widevine Level 1 DRM and the device needs to be certified by Netflix themselves. A Firmware update will NOT magically enable HD Netflix either.

Thanks Wrxy,

To be clear I wasn't looking for 4K/HD Netflix. Im fine with 480p SD. I just wanted to use the new Netflix for Android TV app since it has a better UI than the one for smart phones. I just didnt know if the use of the app was restricted behind the certification as well... and it looks like it is.
Shame you can't use the Netflix androidtv app on non certified devices, restriction to 480p would be acceptable to many people who would prefer the better interface.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to get Netflix for Android TV to work on non-Android TVs?0