Audio Passthrough not working for Atmos HTPC. But PC Game Atmos works good
Denon avr x3300w - 5.2.2 (2 heights)
HTPC w/ HDMI
Kodi 17.0

I happen to have SW Battlefront - and when I play it, the Receiver properly displays Atmos (and boy does it sound great)! So no issues w/ the equipment itself.

However in Kodi, I open a number of movies and their appropriate format is displayed on the Receiver, Dolby, DTS, DTS HD, etc. But when I try to test out my John Wick which I'm 100% is Atmos capable, the receiver doesn't doesn't change. It stays as "Multi Ch" which is nothing special and the same format when navigating Kodi.

A couple of oddities idk if related - I downloaded one of those 45 second "Atmos experience" demos and try to open it with VLC or WMP, and I get no audio, just video. Then when I use the Windows speaker setup/test, it plays the height/rear sound out of the side.

Point me in the right direction. I'm hoping tomorrow is movie night w/ Hacksaw Ridge and want the full experience Wink.
No Debug Log no issue. This is a support forum and nobody can help you without that Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(lOG removed - passwords and such - THANKS!)
In this one, I tried opening Mechanic movie which is an atmos file.
Please select the WASAPI sink for Passthrough, too. In your log the directsound sink is opened.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
awesome stuff, thnx!
Didn't realize there was a 2nd area to also set WASAPI
(PS - removed original log)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthrough not working for Atmos HTPC. But PC Game Atmos works good0