New to Kodi with a project for the weekend
Hello,

I have recently gotten an Amazon Fire Stick. Kodi is new to me. I have something I'd like to get it to do this weekend. A quick look just now didn't yield an clear answers. I have a tons of movies on a PC in my networked home. Many family movies, some ripped DVD's and such. I'd like to be able to use KODI (or something) to be able to watch these videos on the TV's in the home. How might I do that for videos that are stored on a PC's hard drive?

Thanks!
Start with Adding video sources (wiki).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-02-18, 01:21)Tinwarble Wrote: Start with Adding video sources (wiki).

Thanks! I looked it over real quick. Looks helpful. A "SMB" server is not something I've heard of before. If I am reading this correctly, I will be able to access these media files from outside my home, (such as at work, reletive's house while on vacation, etc...) Am I seeing that correctly?
No, SMB is just Window file share, the protocol that allows you to share files between devices on the same (local) network.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
lo

use Emby + Emby kodi addon. Works locally and remotely.
(2017-02-19, 13:22)Pantsenu Wrote: lo

use Emby + Emby kodi addon. Works locally and remotely.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely give it a look. Too many nice weather projects this weekend so far. Perhaps tonightBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to Kodi with a project for the weekend0