• 1(current)
Mod Arctic: Zephyr Plus (updated 18-03-2017)
Rainbow 
In the last few weeks I modded my skin quite a bit, although the design language is still the same. This all begun with the advanced launchers mod but with time I moded some other areas on the skin. I added some new function and changed some stuff were I thought the original skin was not as good as it could be. The advanced launchers support mod "only" is now discontinued and is integrated on this mod.

The new strings have translation (English, Portuguese, Spanish, German, French and Russian)
Need your help to correct these translations and for new ones

Use fanarts or landscape images on movies and tv shows
Movie genres icons added
Video categories icons added
More emphasis to the poster on the OSD
Added a infopage with more information and ratings (you just need to click on the left button to appear)
Enable/disable discart
Enable/disable discart animation
Enable/disable studio logo
Video controllers on context menu
Season banner enabled
Season fanart on a episode level
Season poster on infopage on a episode level
Enable/disable characterart
Enable/disable file path
Time in hours and minutes
More settings added
Animated artwork added
Info page shows all the information if open on widgets (except music)
Better compatibility with an add-on that adds theme songs

CdArt, record label, logos and artist clear logos added
All artist discography (not just what you have on the library)
YouTube videos
Most love tracks
Set rating function added on info pages and OSD
Music genres icons added (user need to add more because there are a infinite number of genres)
Music OSD changed
Flags enable on Music (only has two - stars and codec) There isn't more that I can add unfortunately.
More info on music widgets
Music OSD can now open automatically when a music is selected

New views added
Most view types have three views for square, poster and rectangular artwork
Infopage changes with the view that was chosen (square, poster or rectangular)
YouTube videos added on infopage
Studio logos added
context menu can be open on infopage
Flags added (clone, no_intro, multidisc)
Indicator added (favourites, unlinked, broken room)
open emulator launcher on info page
Controller artwork on emulator infopage
Choose between fanarts snap images or title images

Only Compatible with Kodi 17 Krypton
Skin Download - GitHub
Controllers Artwork MEGA MediaFire
Game Studio Logos MEGA MediaFire

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Installation instructions are on the GitHub page (readme)
  • You need to have the latest version of the skinhelper (the version on Kodi repo is out of date). Download and install the repository - https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip and after that install the skin helper from the repository
  • The dependencies are almost the same as the original skin, only has tree more - resource.images.recordlabels.white, resource.images.studios.coloured and resource.images.studios.white that I think should install automatically. But you can install them before you install the skin on settings->add-ons -> install from repository->Kodi add-on repository-> look and feel->image collections-> and install "recordlabel icons-white" , "Studio icons-white" and "Studio icons-coloured"
  • On the music side, ClearLogo must be named logo.png in the artist folder and CDArt must be named cdart.png in album the folder.
  • For the controller artwork to work you need to setup a path on furniture settings like (D//random path/random path/.../"name of the folder that you choose"/controllers/) It's important that the folder inside the path that you choose is called controllers, and the images inside this folder need to be png and need to have the same name as the platform on AEL). You can download some artwork that I use on the link above. other platform artwork can be found on the openemu GitHub. You just need to convert the tiff to png. They have amazing artwork
  • You need to download the game studio logoson the link above and past the studios folder (after extraction) on %appdata%\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.plus\flags\games for them to work
  • For AEL and AML to work the best way possible you need to download the last develop version and the title of the launcher needs to be the same as the platform, at least for now

KNOWN ISSUES
  • On some series the "similar" menu cant focus a content so user can go right and left (don't know why)
  • Extended info sometimes gives errors (plugin problem)
  • Can't find video id - can be problem of extended info or youtube API

CONSIDERATIONS
  • The posters and fanarts of the platforms that I'm using were made with the photos of this site- http://www.junctioneight.com/
  • Some icons are from icons8 and iconsdb
  • The controller artwork wasn't made by me it was found on the internet. With time I will search again to give the proper credits
  • Everyone is welcome to help on this mod even because I'm a beginner in skinning so I could use a little help from more experienced people. If you have some solutions for the problems that I mentioned, feel free to share them.
  • These Advanced Launchers are currently under active development so may be subject to change that can cause some issues with this mod. I think it will be easy to fix.

CREDITS
  • jurialmunkey
  • braz
  • Hustler1337
  • Guilouz
  • manfeed
  • Wintermute0110
  • Rufoo
  • RazorFR
  • loggio
Congrats on the release! I'm very excited to give this a shot today!
Thanks nalthien. It's not a full blown Mod like braz or Guilouz make but it has everything that I need and I wanted on this skin.
Very nice mod thank you !!!!

One thing : Can you make SCRIPT.DURATION compatible withi it ?!
(2017-02-18, 22:04)Kelexel Wrote: Very nice mod thank you !!!!

You're welcome. I put the videos time in hours and mins also but with the skin helper. maybe you don't like the format that I use. tell me if you prefer different so I can tell you what you need to change
Two things for me:

1) I can't figure out how to change the artwork aspect ratio for the views. For things like Big Icons, I have two options with that name: one that uses a poster size and one that uses squares--but I can't find the landscape ratio.

2) How do I open the game details view that you show? When I hit enter on a list, it launches a game immediately.
NEVERMIND on #2: I figured out to hit "i" for this one. Smile

Thanks!
1) on the big icons you have three - one that uses poster, other that uses squares and other that uses rectangular artwork. On them you cant change anything, just enable" show overlay info"

EDIT1 - I know what happened. i uploaded the "View_70_List.xml" to github but it wasn't there. uploaded again. You need to add that file to the 1080i file on the skin folder. GitHub sucks... Let's see if it is the only problem... now that I'm looking. there are more problem... jesus

EDIT2 - @nalthien you can download again the skin and reinstall it (don't forget to read the instruction). Kodi will update the skin.
@KODser I'm not too hot with Github but will you be merging changes from JurialMonkey as he makes them on the original Arctic Zephyr? Are there any plans to start work on a v18 version of the skin because your work seems made for the Retroplayer merge in v18?
(2017-02-19, 13:45)UsefulG Wrote: @KODser I'm not too hot with Github but will you be merging changes from JurialMonkey as he makes them on the original Arctic Zephyr? Are there any plans to start work on a v18 version of the skin because your work seems made for the Retroplayer merge in v18?

Yes i will be. actually github says i'm two commits behind jurialmunkey but I edited the files on my pc with the same changes so It's not behind. I did that because github cant merge pretty easy stuff. Did i say i don't like github? xD.. and i have other problem, I can't use github on desktop because proxy problems, so github it's pretty much useless on browser. But i wiil keep this up to date.
For now I'm not planning to port this to kodi 18. I believe it's too early.
Thanks for answer, I'd like to try the Libreelec test builds v18 with Retroplayer. Would you be terribly offended if I had a try at modifying your mod Smile for v18?
KODser:

I havent installed your mod, but on the first image you are missing a bar to the right of vendetta
(2017-02-19, 15:35)UsefulG Wrote: Thanks for answer, I'd like to try the Libreelec test builds v18 with Retroplayer. Would you be terribly offended if I had a try at modifying your mod Smile for v18?
off course not. You are free to do whatever you want with the mod or the original skin. you just need to give the proper credits. It's all for the community.Wink

(2017-02-19, 15:57)Edworld Wrote: KODser:

I havent installed your mod, but on the first image you are missing a bar to the right of vendetta
Yes, because on the list only have two more on the right and the return. it the "return" wasn't there it would appear 3
Hey, very very good work KODser.
I get the images from the platforms not displayed. For example, a new launcher named "Nintendo SNES" created. Am I doing something wrong or have I overlooked something? Thanks for your help....
(2017-02-19, 18:52)Skynet010 Wrote: Hey, very very good work KODser.
I get the images from the platforms not displayed. For example, a new launcher named "Nintendo SNES" created. Am I doing something wrong or have I overlooked something? Thanks for your help....
Thanks Skynet010
You need to add posters and fanarts for yourself. As I said on the main topic, I made the posters and fanarts of the platfroms with the images from this site - http://www.junctioneight.com/. if you want something similar you know were to find the images
But if you have done all the things right, downloaded de controller artworks and add that path on the furniture setting as I said on the instruction, you should be able to see the SNES controller on the info page.

Best regards
(2017-02-18, 22:11)KODser Wrote:
(2017-02-18, 22:04)Kelexel Wrote: Very nice mod thank you !!!!

You're welcome. I put the videos time in hours and mins also but with the skin helper. maybe you don't like the format that I use. tell me if you prefer different so I can tell you what you need to change

Oh?

Can you explain me how to make it work/activate the good format (hours and minutes)

Thank you very much for your help !
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr Plus (updated 18-03-2017)6