Can´t get DTS HD on my AVR
Hi there,

I just update my Raspberry Pi 2 with LibreElec e kodi Jarvis 16.1.
I´ve been trying to set the sound settings for have DTS HD in my system but I can´t get it right because the sound reverts to simple DTS ... I´ve been trying everything i found on the internet with no sucess ...

The raspberry Pi 2 is connected by HDMI to a AVR Onkyo SR607. I´ve been trying to use a mkv 1080p with DTS HD and a BluRay rip with DTS HD ...

Can anyone teach me how to do it? With a tutorial for example ...

Thanks a lot
You can't, you can send the lpcm which will be indistinguishable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-18, 21:01)prpaulorossi Wrote: Hi there,

I just update my Raspberry Pi 2 with LibreElec e kodi Jarvis 16.1.
I´ve been trying to set the sound settings for have DTS HD in my system but I can´t get it right because the sound reverts to simple DTS ... I´ve been trying everything i found on the internet with no sucess ...

The raspberry Pi 2 is connected by HDMI to a AVR Onkyo SR607. I´ve been trying to use a mkv 1080p with DTS HD and a BluRay rip with DTS HD ...

Can anyone teach me how to do it? With a tutorial for example ...

Thanks a lot

The Raspberry Pi series can't bitstream DTS HD MA/HRA or Dolby True HD - as they don't have the HDMI audio bandwidth required for them.

Instead on Pi2s and Pi3s DTS HD MA/HRA and Dolby True HD are decoded to multichannel PCM 5.1 or 7.1 (though 192kHz 5.1 and 7.1 isn't supported for the same bandwidth reasons that DTS HD and True HD can't be bitstreamed) (The original Pi may not have enough CPU power)

HOWEVER - if you have passthrough of DTS then DTS HD MA/HRA streams will be played as just the DTS core. If you disable the DTS passthrough, you'll get decoding losslessly (apart from the handful of 192kHz 5.1-7.1 tracks) to PCM 5.1 or 7.1. Your DTS HD MA light won't come on on your amp - because your Pi 2 or Pi 3 is doing the decode, not your amp, but the resulting sound should be near-identical (unless you use some metadata based processing in your amp) DTS audio will also be decoded in the same way - and again the DTS lamp won't light.

Apparently it's not easy to implement DTS passthrough and DTS HD MA/HRA decode with a single setting.

Disable passthrough on your Pi, select 5.1 or 7.1 channel output, and you'll get lossless decode to 5.1 or 7.1 PCM. (On older versions of Kodi you may need to manually enable "Decode HD Audio" somewhere too)
Thanks nickr and noggin !!!

Noggin, as I understand I can´t get DTS HD or Dolby True HD because of the Raspberry Pi 2 limitations ...
So kodi 16.1 ( or higher) could passthrough DTS HD or Dolby True HD in my MXIII-G TV Box Android 5.1 1000M LAN !?!?!?
I didn´t try because I´ve a build Pulse CCM ... If you told me it would work I just might delete the build and download a clean Kodi ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can´t get DTS HD on my AVR0