v17 Kodi fails to start: Failed to find matching visual
(2017-09-23, 11:08)MaxMustermann Wrote: Great Smile Thanks. Can't wait to test it.

Try #0923
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
#0923 is working. Thanks again to @Milhouse, @fritsch and @FernetMenta.
Just for reference
I'm using a 30 bit color depth Nvidia setup (not for kodi playback) and I had to modify this value for kodi to acquire the visual properly since the recent updates :

Code:
XVisualInfo* CWinSystemX11GLContext::GetVisual()
{
  int count = 0;
  XVisualInfo vTemplate;
  XVisualInfo *visual = nullptr;

int vMask = VisualScreenMask | VisualDepthMask | VisualClassMask;

vTemplate.screen = m_nScreen;
+   vTemplate.depth = 30
  vTemplate.c_class = TrueColor;

visual = XGetVisualInfo(m_dpy, vMask, &vTemplate, &count);

return visual;
}
So assuming I'm stupid, which I am.. How do I fix this? How do I install that LibreElec file you linked? I'm running Parrot.
(2017-10-31, 06:10)HoochShepherd Wrote: So assuming I'm stupid, which I am.. How do I fix this? How do I install that LibreElec file you linked? I'm running Parrot.

LibreElec is a full linux distro, so you cannot install it on Parrot. You either have to find a proper package for Parrot, or compile from source.
OH, why yes it is...  I was thinking it was a test build of kodi. I'm getting the same Failed to find matching visual match and was hoping it was just a bug with the current build..

Ok, so any help with getting this to run on Parrot because I'm hitting a brick wall.
(2017-11-01, 06:33)HoochShepherd Wrote: OH, why yes it is...  I was thinking it was a test build of kodi. I'm getting the same Failed to find matching visual match and was hoping it was just a bug with the current build..

Ok, so any help with getting this to run on Parrot because I'm hitting a brick wall.

make sure you have 17.5 or a v18 nightly. If it still doesn't work, provide a Debug Log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi fails to start: Failed to find matching visual0