v18 Problems in PVR with Kodi 18 on Windows
Hi there,

I have a few problems with Kodi PVR in Kodi 18.
Here´s my system:
Windows 10 x64
Kodi 18 x64 (17 January)
Skin: Estaury Mod 2
DVBViewer Media Server 2.0.4

Problems:
  • Timeshift is not possible. I cannot rewind or skip back. Of course, the thimeshift-option in the Settings in the DVBVIewer Addon is "on".
    The OSD-Info always shows, that I´m at the beginning of the show...
  • Not possible to watch a actural in progress recording very good. Example: Recordings starts at 20:15, I begin watching at 21:00. The duration is "45 Minutes", at this point. All ok. But the duration is not updated while watching. So, if I come to the "end", 45 Minutes later, it is not possible, to fast forward any more. I have to stop the recording and play it again from menu...
Are these problems already known?
Will there be a fix soon?

If you need any further help (debug log, etc.), just write me Wink
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1957402
mh, ok...
Here I documented some problems, I thought they were skin related:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2692980

Now it says there, it isn´t skin related, but related to the DVBViewer addon. Is this correct?

And there is one problem more: All the recordings are located on a NAS. Now I had the problem, that the NAS wasnt available (offline). Now the PVR-Viewer Addon tried to load all Recordings, that failed (of course). But then, the Addon says, there was an error and the whole Live-TV Section wasn´t usable. My suggestion: If the recordings werent available, the Live-TV should work, just the recordings shouldnt be shown...

Thank you so much for your work here!

Edit: I read the whole Github pass and as I understand, you are waiting for a solution from ksoo / FernetMeta?
> My suggestion: If the recordings werent available, the Live-TV should work, just the recordings shouldnt be shown...

The recordings are pulled from the dvbviewer media service. if it's storage is offline there's nothing I can do about it. I can't even detect that. Also if Live-TV doesn't work that's a bug in the DMS.

Edit: Live-TV might not be usable anymore as the connection to the DMS started failing. But as I said there's nothing I can do about it. Both, Live-TV *and* recordings are pulled (streamed) from the DMS. The PVR itself doesn't know anything about your storage.

> Edit: I read the whole Github pass and as I understand, you are waiting for a solution from ksoo / FernetMeta?

I don't have time discussing open bugs here. Feel free to join the discussion or suggest fixes on github.
Ok, just wanted to know if its actually in work, but it seems so Wink

For the other problem with the NAS not available:
I think you didn´t understand me... I try to make it clear.

HTPC: TV-Card with DVBViewer Media Server + Kodi
NAS: Just location for recordings

Use Case: Watch live TV from within Kodi. NAS ist offline. (--> should be no problem for use case, because the media server is located on the htpc)
Now I start Kodi.
The DVBViewer Media Server is running in background on HTPC, via Webinterface I can watch TV.
The DVBViewer Addon in Kodi loads the Media Server. All went ok, until the Addon tries to grab the recordings (dont know exactly how it works, didnt look in the code).
The grabbing of the recordings failed because the NAS (where recordings are located) is offline. No problem for me.
BUT: Because the Addon couldnt load the recordings, the wohle Addon wont work anymore.
So I cant watch TV from within Kodi, even if the TV should be available (I can watch in Webinterface and in DVBViewer natively without any problem).

You understand now?
From my thougts, the Addon should try to load the Recordings, but if this fails, I should be able to watch Live-TV. At this time, if the Addon cant grab recordings, the whole addon seems to be not working...
(2018-01-18, 16:13)junias Wrote: The DVBViewer Addon in Kodi loads the Media Server. All went ok, until the Addon tries to grab the recordings (dont know exactly how it works, didnt look in the code).
The grabbing of the recordings failed because the NAS (where recordings are located) is offline. No problem for me.
BUT: Because the Addon couldnt load the recordings, the wohle Addon wont work anymore.
Recordings and their metadata are fetched from the DMS, as this is the *only* backend the PVR is talking to. As I said the PVR doesn't know anything about your storage. If fetching the recordings metadata from the DMS fails (e.g. timeout) the DMS is assumed to be offline. The API endpoint the PVR is using is
Quote:api/recordings.html?utf8=1&images=1
mh, really weird, the api endpoint shouldnt been offline...
I have to check this, then I can provide a debug log too.

I thougth that maybe the Addon itself proofs if the recordings are available...
I´ll write again, when I have more info
(2018-01-18, 18:17)junias Wrote: I thougth that maybe the Addon itself proofs if the recordings are available...
Nope. And that would be very slow.
After a deeper research, I found out, that this is related to this topic: Klick
Tongue 
(2018-02-08, 14:20)junias Wrote: After a deeper research, I found out, that this is related to this topic: Klick
 please, can you explain what you found in plain english?

My German is null.
(2018-03-23, 18:38)sammarbella Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 14:20)junias Wrote: After a deeper research, I found out, that this is related to this topic: Klick
 please, can you explain what you found in plain english?

My German is null.
This thread is a bit complicated.
Short message: The problem there is not directly caused by DMS.

Most my problems with PVR and Kodi 18 are gone with the latest build (I use the build from 24.03.2018).
Only problem: When I start a recording, which is in progress, Kodi did not refresh the "size" of the recording automatically.
This means:
I start recording at 20:15.
I start watching the recording at 20:30
After 15 Minutes of watching Kodi ends playing the recording, because Kodi thinks, the recording is at the end (20:30 - 20:15 = 15 minutes) --> Kodi did not refresh size (beginning / end) of recording automatically.
I have to start the recording again, but 15 minutes later it will stop again (20:45 - 20:30 = 15 minutes).
Hope this will be fixed...
Quote:Only problem: When I start a recording, which is in progress, Kodi did not refresh the "size" of the recording automatically.

This is known. See https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/11. I doubt this is fixable in the near future.
(2018-03-27, 17:12)manül Wrote:
Quote:Only problem: When I start a recording, which is in progress, Kodi did not refresh the "size" of the recording automatically.

This is known. See https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/11. I doubt this is fixable in the near future. 
I know this bug on github...
Ok, good to know. Thanks for the information!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems in PVR with Kodi 18 on Windows0