• 119(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2020-09-19, 22:00)mr.igor Wrote: @jurialmunkey 
I am so confused.   Just updated from Krypton to Leia.  Beat me up but it worked perfectly until recently so why fix it if it ain't broke?

I was happy to see Eminence as a skin in the repo but after installing I have noticed a couple of bugs that I would like to report or discuss and this is where the confusion comes in.   Which forum or thread is appropriate for the version in the Kodi repo?   It is hard to tell if Eminence is abandoned or semi-abandoned, and which forum thread is best to discuss things.   There is (Release) Eminence, Eminence 2.0, Eminence 2.0 Mod, and Bug Reports.

So, can anyone tell me the current status of this beautiful skin and which is the best thread to discuss bugs?

Thanks
Eminence 2.0MOD is a fork of Eminence 2.0 and has more features. It was developed by Alanon who now seems to have left the scene.
(2020-09-20, 19:26)Vitruvius3 Wrote: Eminence 2.0MOD is a fork of Eminence 2.0 and has more features. It was developed by Alanon who now seems to have left the scene.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.   It doesn't really clear anything up though.  

The official Kodi Repo skins for Android has "Eminence", not "Eminence 2.0" or "Eminence 2.0MOD".    "Eminence" is at rev level 3.04 which is the same as is in Alanon's Eminence 2.0Mod github repo.  Further none of the forum names match up to what is currently in the Kodi repository for Leia.

So,  is "Eminence" actually "Eminence 2.0MOD" or is it another fork or a frozen version?  If the two are not the same then is the Alanon repo the canonical source for "Eminence 2.0MOD" or is there something else out there?  Further, if the two were the same at one point and one has diverged, why are the version numbers the same?   If the Alanon version has morphed then the version number should be bumped.

The Alanon repo has someone (Hawkeye?) making a change within the last month so someone is doing some maintenance.   Is there anyone looking after any "Eminence" version on a regular basis or is it all peer based at this point?

The Alanon "Eminence 2.0MOD" repo mentions a need for another private repo to get the proper dependencies.   Is this still valid or is it an outdated comment?  If it is still valid, where do I get a zip file for this repo?
Hello every user of Eminence 2 mod !

I accidentaly disable hub in video section (movie and tv show) and I can't find where to enable it again??

Can anyone point me how to enable it again??
(2020-09-20, 20:44)mr.igor Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 19:26)Vitruvius3 Wrote: Eminence 2.0MOD is a fork of Eminence 2.0 and has more features. It was developed by Alanon who now seems to have left the scene.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.   It doesn't really clear anything up though.  

The official Kodi Repo skins for Android has "Eminence", not "Eminence 2.0" or "Eminence 2.0MOD".    "Eminence" is at rev level 3.04 which is the same as is in Alanon's Eminence 2.0Mod github repo.  Further none of the forum names match up to what is currently in the Kodi repository for Leia.

So,  is "Eminence" actually "Eminence 2.0MOD" or is it another fork or a frozen version?  If the two are not the same then is the Alanon repo the canonical source for "Eminence 2.0MOD" or is there something else out there?  Further, if the two were the same at one point and one has diverged, why are the version numbers the same?   If the Alanon version has morphed then the version number should be bumped.

The Alanon repo has someone (Hawkeye?) making a change within the last month so someone is doing some maintenance.   Is there anyone looking after any "Eminence" version on a regular basis or is it all peer based at this point?

The Alanon "Eminence 2.0MOD" repo mentions a need for another private repo to get the proper dependencies.   Is this still valid or is it an outdated comment?  If it is still valid, where do I get a zip file for this repo?
The original skin is Eminence by JurialMunkey he created Eminence 2.0.
All others are forks
Xioami Mi Stick - Kodi 18.8
Libreelec 9.2.X - Kodi 18.8
Raspberry Pi 3
(2020-09-20, 20:44)mr.igor Wrote:

The version of Eminence (3.0.4) in the Leia Repo was originally called ‘Eminence 2’, but at some stage was renamed as ‘Eminence’. There is a minor 3.0.5 update available at https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence.2 but it has not been added to the Repo. The forum discussion under ‘Eminence 2.0’ relates to these versions.

In 2017 Alanon created a fork which he called ‘Eminence 2.0MOD’ (v 3.0.4). This fork has never been added to the Repo. If you want this skin, you need to download and install marcelveldt’s code from https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...arcelveldt, then download and install alanon’s zip file: https://github.com/Alanon202/repository....-3.0.4.zip

Neither jurialmunkey (the original developer) nor Alanon, are now involved with these skins, but I would have thought that if anyone else wanted to add new features, it should be based on Alanon’s version as it contains more options.

That said, no version of Eminence will run in forthcoming Kodi 19 (‘Matrix’) as they rely on old, 3rd party, Python2 add-ons. Many of these are no longer supported. Some have nevertheless been converted to Python3 and are available in the Kodi Matrix Repo. https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/matrix/

There remains a considerable amount of work to adapt the remaining add-ons for Kodi 19, so developers may well prefer to start afresh with a new skin, using contemporary, Matrix compatible, add-ons.

Sadly, Eminence may wither on the vine.
Does anyone know what command to put in actions to create a search in the movie library?
Hello all!

Big thanks to topic starter for his great job!
There is no FAQ section but i still have 2 question.
1) Is there any way to change wallpaper on the main screen (with "Kodi" text)?
2) Is there any work around to display iptv channels with group tabs (not only filter by group)?

Thank you for support in advance!
(2020-09-22, 15:38)Vitruvius3 Wrote: The version of Eminence (3.0.4) in the Leia Repo was originally called ‘Eminence 2’, but at some stage was renamed as ‘Eminence’. There is a minor 3.0.5 update available at https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence.2 but it has not been added to the Repo. The forum discussion under ‘Eminence 2.0’ relates to these versions.

In 2017 Alanon created a fork which he called ‘Eminence 2.0MOD’ (v 3.0.4). This fork has never been added to the Repo. If you want this skin, you need to download and install marcelveldt’s code from https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...arcelveldt, then download and install alanon’s zip file: https://github.com/Alanon202/repository....-3.0.4.zip

Neither jurialmunkey (the original developer) nor Alanon, are now involved with these skins, but I would have thought that if anyone else wanted to add new features, it should be based on Alanon’s version as it contains more options.

That said, no version of Eminence will run in forthcoming Kodi 19 (‘Matrix’) as they rely on old, 3rd party, Python2 add-ons. Many of these are no longer supported. Some have nevertheless been converted to Python3 and are available in the Kodi Matrix Repo. https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/matrix/

There remains a considerable amount of work to adapt the remaining add-ons for Kodi 19, so developers may well prefer to start afresh with a new skin, using contemporary, Matrix compatible, add-ons.

Sadly, Eminence may wither on the vine.

I had to remove my Kodi install on my Shield TV as it was eating up too much storage space and I couldnt' download an update and then just kind of left it off in favor of plex.   Recently re-installed it, tried to load up my favorite skin (this) and all sorts of errors ensue and it won't install.  Is this due to the Python add-ons being updated, but the skin looking for the older versions? 

The only skin I was able to install successfully was the Titan BINGIE.  While it's nice, it's way too "busy" for my tastes

Every skin and add-on that I used to use just refuses to install due to this dependency or that dependency not working.   I'm still on Leia, not on Matrix though so it's a tad annoying.
(2021-01-30, 05:12)Usafle Wrote:
(2020-09-22, 15:38)Vitruvius3 Wrote:  

I had to remove my Kodi install on my Shield TV as it was eating up too much storage space and I couldnt' download an update and then just kind of left it off in favor of plex.   Recently re-installed it, tried to load up my favorite skin (this) and all sorts of errors ensue and it won't install.  Is this due to the Python add-ons being updated, but the skin looking for the older versions? 

The only skin I was able to install successfully was the Titan BINGIE.  While it's nice, it's way too "busy" for my tastes

Every skin and add-on that I used to use just refuses to install due to this dependency or that dependency not working.   I'm still on Leia, not on Matrix though so it's a tad annoying.

I'm dealing with the same problems. After installing Matrix I decided to downgrade to Leia with a clean install. I've tried getting this skin installed a hundred different ways and each time a new dependency error occurs. It seems that Kodi is downloading the dependencies from the matrix repo regardless of which version of Kodi is installed. I'm looking for a way to change this.
Hello everyone, I would like to know why in the music menu the disc box disappears after 5 seconds? I have a black screen, I would like it to remain displayed? thank you.
@Licorne06
I know this question is 9 months old but someone else might also have the same question. While music is playing press "i' on your keyboard to get the Music OSD to be displayed. It will
stay on forever until your press "i" again. Another great music shortcut is "p" this will bring up the music visualization preset list.

@Alanon
Now that Eminence is in the official Kodi 19 repo I hope some of your great mods can get ported over or even better have this version be upgraded to use python 3 and be kodi 19 compatible.
Hello everyone who already use this fantastic mod of eminence 2 skin.
I come here with a problem.
Using kodi 18.9 on shield tv since long time now, but after the last update of shield tv os, don't know why, but lh kodi made the update to days after (i explicitly disable auto update on play store, but don't know hiw and why the update was made in the night)
When I saw this I first uninstall kodi 19 to reinstall 18.9 version (the uninstall procedure delete all my settings and addon in the meen time)
After many time to recreate my settings (cause Android 11 privacy update the use of system folder) I have reinstall all my library and the most of my addon. 
But I have a problem with Eminence 2 Mod. I add Alaono's repository but wasn't able to install any skin of the directory (forget witch one to use, 2 or 2.0 but I have an error with evryone)

The 2.0 told me the dependency of xbmc.gui version 5.12.0 can' tbe satisfy
and the 2 mod told me dependency script.module.cherrypy version 17.0.0 canù' be satisfy

So can't install this skin now..... all necessary addon was already install on my kodi and I already try to directly install the zip skin addon itself and I have exactly the same issue.

Please could someone can tell me what is the problem on this askin installation?

I really appreciate many add this mod give to Eminence 2 skin, and using Eminence skin still frustrating when I experience many times now this mod......

SOLUTION : after some other scearch and try I found how to overpass py problem, installing bingie will help me to find the correct cherripy loduke and after that I can install this skin!!!!

Really happy to use this skin again, it's one major thing why I don't update my Kodi to 19 version......
Hi,

For anyone else still looking to use this great skin like I was, I managed to get it working on 19.4!

You can edit addon.xml and bump the version to 5.15.0 first. Then it's necessary to remove an include line: <import addon="script.extendedinfo" version="5.0.0"/>

After this if you install dependencies beforehand, skin should install ok.
Hi everybody,

Kodi user for several years I just installed the EMINENCE 2 skin and I will only have one word "waouuuu!"
It is just beautiful and easily customizable, happiness!!!

However, I have a small problem and maybe you can help me?

When I want to access my series, on the home screen I first choose TV SHOWS, then title and I arrive on the list of my TV SHOWS.
So far everything is normal...
But then when I select one and validate, nothing happens, I can't get to the seasons screen.

For information, when I navigate by "file" there it works perfectly.

Could someone help me? Hoping that you will have managed to understand my English Smile

Thank you
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21