• 100(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Smile 
(2019-02-03, 17:15)Alanon Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 14:54)looks Wrote: @Alanon, thanx for this information and now I have another little question. in the Info view by movies up on the right side are Subtitle& Language flags. Please can you tell where are this variables located? Sorr but I am new in Kodi skins and I need this help. Maybe after this information I can build this. Greetings Looks

Okay, this is the best I can do. Take the code below and paste it into Includes_Furniture.xml after line 389. This code will allow for up to two languages and two subtitles, provided that the language is formatted properly, so everything can be matched. The only issue I can see with this is space, since there is already a bunch of icons in the lower region, you'll probably have to disengage some elements to make room. If you don't want the indicator icons, you can just delete the entire image control. The same goes for the second subtitle or second language. Of course, you'll have to copy this code after every update.

Code:

<control type="image">
                <width>40</width>
                <height>50</height>
                <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                <texture colordiffuse="ListLabel">indicator/audio.png</texture>
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1))</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>50</width>
                <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1),lang/,.png]</texture>
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1))</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>50</width>
                <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2),lang/,.png]</texture>
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2))</visible>
            </control>        
            <control type="image">
                <width>58</width>
                <height>45</height>
                <texture colordiffuse="ListLabel">indicator/subtitles.png</texture>
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(SubtitleLanguage.1))</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>50</width>
                <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(SubtitleLanguage.1),lang/,.png]</texture>
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(SubtitleLanguage.1))</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>50</width>
                <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(SubtitleLanguage.2),lang/,.png]</texture>
                <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(SubtitleLanguage.2))</visible>
            </control>

Hi Alanon, You are so great, a lot of thnkys , it works perfect. It was not the idea, that you programme it for me, but I am happy to have it now. I only wanna have some more informations for make it by myself. There is enough space I don't need to disengage some elements. Again thnaks you very much for this big present SmileGreetings from Switzerland, Looks P.S.: Yes I know that I need to copy this code again when I bring an update.
Hi,

After all works perfect on my windows 10 PC I was updating my Raspberry Pi with LIbrelec 9 ( and Kodi 18). After this I tired to install Emminence 2 MOD but I can't. Always comes the Message: " The Dependency of script.module.simpleeval version...." more I can't see. I saw this in the thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2808714
but I don't know how i can delete all this because I am directly in the Kodi and not in the Librelec. Is there an other solution for this issue?

Greetings Looks
(2019-02-05, 17:02)looks Wrote: Hi,

After all works perfect on my windows 10 PC I was updating my Raspberry Pi with LIbrelec 9 ( and Kodi 18). After this I tired to install Emminence 2 MOD but I can't. Always comes the Message: " The Dependency of script.module.simpleeval version...." more I can't see. I saw this in the thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2808714
but I don't know how i can delete all this because I am directly in the Kodi and not in the Librelec. Is there an other solution for this issue?

Greetings Looks
It looks like you have the official skin shortcuts add-on installed from the official repo (version 1.9). You need to install marcelveldt's beta repository and make sure you have his version of skin.shortcuts installed.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2019-02-02, 13:22)caseguy Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 12:44)Criddler23 Wrote: Many thanks for your help.Installing the older global search worked a treat.

Mind if I ask which version you are using?

Hi, I am using global search version 6.0.6, I prefer the look of this version, rather than global search 7.4.7
Hi All,

First thanks a lot for this great Eminence Mod skin.
I would like to hide the movie/episode rating in the List View because it display "0.0" when you navigate in the Kodi Addon.
Can anyone show me which file I have to modify to remove this Rating ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
@Alanon thank you for replying! I've tried navigating every menu I can find and I still have no way to find that quick nav! I am using a remote by the way. Also, please know this isn't a big deal, I was just curious is all! But from the home screen I pulled up the Submenu (pressing down on a home menu item, unless I'm wrong about the submenu in general) which pulls up a submenu and if I try to go up from here, it just closes the submenu. If I'm anywhere else in the skin (ie file list, tv shows, movies, etc) and I open my context menu, I can't figure out how to get anything else to pop up. I do have extra buttons that's not being used on my remote and I'd happily map one of those to the quick nav.. I went and looked, but I'm not exactly sure what to map it to exactly. But again, this is no big deal, please don't waste any time on me playing around out of boredom lol

I did manage to figure out how to disable the default fallback widget, and I pretty much immediately hated it and then I realized how it was kind of impossible to get back to what it was, and I regret everything I've asked you Tongue but thank you for explaining it!

I do completely understand the widget format, it makes sense actually now that you said it! I can deal with the posters, it's honestly no big deal at all!

I do have one more question though, I started to notice some weird behavior as I went deeper into the skin. For example, I had set the movie views to "List 1" and the tv show views to "List 2" because I liked how they alternated the poster on both sides. But I noticed if I went back to the home menu and then opened the tv shows again after about 5 seconds it would change the view to "Banners" every single time. I can easily change it back, but I didn't know why it did that or how to stop it. Then I tried to "reload skin" from the power menu, and when it tried to load, it actually caused Kodi to reload (not restart the machine, just it was as if I stopped the kodi service and started it again) and when I loaded back, I had an entirely different home menu! It had "In Theaters" movies as the fallback widget, and it had all these home menu items that pointed to **an addon that shall not be named** for movies, tv shows, and a trakt list. It was honestly as if it loaded in someone else's settings.xml file, which is what made me think of the settings.xml file in general, so I'm wondering if I deleted the settings.xml file would it create a new one with my settings as "default" and I wouldn't have to worry about that stuff again, or is there something else going on?

Thanks again for all your help though, you are an amazing skin creator and you should be incredibly proud of your coding skills! I'm a website designer and I am still unable to code anything in XML, but I am able to "read" it kinda ok lol
@Protocol Zero - please actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you agreed to and accepted when you signed up here.

Posts referencing banned addons (wiki) that violate our piracy policy (wiki) are not allowed, nor are devices contaminated with such junk supported here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-02-05, 20:59)DarrenHill Wrote: @Protocol Zero - please actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you agreed to and accepted when you signed up here.

Posts referencing banned addons (wiki) that violate our piracy policy (wiki) are not allowed, nor are devices contaminated with such junk supported here.
 I do apologize! I've edited my post to remove that name! It shall not happen again!
(2019-02-05, 19:26)sviet2k Wrote: Hi All,

First thanks a lot for this great Eminence Mod skin.
I would like to hide the movie/episode rating in the List View because it display "0.0" when you navigate in the Kodi Addon.
Can anyone show me which file I have to modify to remove this Rating ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you go into Settings - Skin Settings and then go down to Library Options down towards the bottom of that list is "Disable rating and votes display" I believe that's what you're looking for Smile
(2019-02-05, 21:53)Protocol Zero Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 19:26)sviet2k Wrote:  

If you go into Settings - Skin Settings and then go down to Library Options down towards the bottom of that list is "Disable rating and votes display" I believe that's what you're looking for Smile 
Yes you are right. Sorry to miss this. Thanks a lot for your help. Smile
@Protocol Zero The skin uses content type flags to tie view types to... well, content types. Sometimes a third-party add-on will have internal view type switches which can interfere with the skin, and force some view type onto library content. In such cases, it's best to switch all those settings off. If you use the skins' own locking mechanism, it should also affect most of the add-ons that declare their content type properly. 

QuickNav pops up when you're at the main context menu - the one that contains the view type selector button, sort by button, search button, etc. Going up from that menu will trigger the QuickNav. There should be some Kodi remote shortcut to trigger that menu, right? Oh, two important caveats - you have to define at least one menu item in order to see anything, and I still have some kinks to work out, so remote triggering doesn't work in PVR or on the Home menu.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2019-02-05, 17:26)Alanon Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 17:02)looks Wrote: Hi,

Greetings Looks
It looks like you have the official skin shortcuts add-on installed from the official repo (version 1.9). You need to install marcelveldt's beta repository and make sure you have his version of skin.shortcuts installed. 
Thank you Alanon, now it works your Skin also on my Raspberry Pi. I hope this was the last time that I neede your help. Great Skin and great support, I am very happy. Greetings Looks
@Alanon I actually found the quick nav menu and I came here to tell you just to see that you had replied to tell me where it was lol. Editing the keymap to make a button call it sounds like a little trial and error, do you have a specific ID you've assigned to the quick nav? I could maybe just try random things since I don't have much to do today.

Also on the view types, I don't have very many add-ons installed except for skins, but it does seem every time I open a menu for the first time, it does default to the "Banners" view, which if I change it does *seem* to be staying that way (I did go ahead and delete the settings.xml file) but I wonder if there was a way to create a "default" view type? Like, if I wanted every menu to use the view "List" unless I edit change it manually. I started to dig around the XML files and then I quickly realized I had no idea what I was doing, so I started to google things and I stumbled upon THIS PAGE from Marcelveldt's github about forced views. I'm not necessarily afraid of modifying the code, I'm just not sure how you feel about it (I admittedly did not read all 100 pages of this thread lol) so I'm sorry if any of this has been answered before!

Thank you again, I honestly did not expect you to be so active with us! I had made my initial post and was expecting a week or so before you'd reply, so you're clearly the greatest!
@Protocol Zero AFAIK, there's an addon called Keymap Editor in the official repo that's supposed to give some kind of GUI for mapping key presses. I don't know any details, but I believe you can use that to edit your keymap without fiddling with the xml files directly. The menu uses a property as a trigger, so I guess if you were to input   SetProperty(quicknavsetup ,1 ,home) and bind it to a key, it should work?

You don't need to use anything special to lock views. The skin already has a locking mechanism for media types, so you can lock in separate views for films, TV Shows, Seasons, Episodes, etc... When you go to, say, Movies, go into the views menu and select your preferred view type. Then open the selector again. You'll see a button "Lock View (Movies)" on the right side - pressing that will lock the currently applied view type for all movie browsing situations.

Note that you'll have to do this separately for every media type you want to lock in. I'm not sure if this will conflict with whatever is forcing banners upon you. These things can be very stubborn to ferret out. I'd advise you to go through your add-ons (heck, even skins) and go through the settings to make sure none of them are set to force a view. I presume Eminence's locking mechanic will prevail either way, but you never know.

Also, note that this method is dependent upon everything, including add-ons, declaring the content type, as they should. The skin will get confused if the add-on doesn't provide it with information it expects, because it won't know what views to assign it. There have been many cases of sloppy add-ons like that that just wouldn't open in Eminence. Locking views might exacerbate the issue (it might not, though, depending on what you use).

Heh, to be fair, sometimes it takes me a couple of days to sit down and write out a response to everybody, and I'm pretty sure every once in a while I just a post or two. I guess you've caught me in my element. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Feel free to chime in if you have any more questions.

@Alanon I do have the addon Keymap Editor and I've used it several times, and it had a custom command which is why I was asking about the ID for the Quick Nav, I'll play with this and see what I can do, thanks!

The view types is really confusing me, I found the lock view option (thanks for pointing that out!) but then I also saw the enable/disable view types. So I went in and just disabled the "Banners" view thinking it would solve all my problems! But it didn't, even though I've disabled the banners view, it still defaults to that. I'm currently going through my "addons" and "addon_data" folders and clearing out everything that I'm not actually using and then I'll go and go through my addons to see if anything has a wonky setting that's causing this. Does your skin use any shared dependencies from other skins that might have a setting I should look at maybe?

Thanks so much!
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21