• 112(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Just one request.
A already ask question,
Do you preview to implement games section in this skin ?
I know some other already have it since kodi 18, but i don't really want to change from another one but i really want to use the retro station of kodi 18.
@MrPatate Yes, there should be some game implementation. I already imported basic in-game menus from Eminence, along with the basic game xml files. I still have to learn about how emulation works on Kodi, get some ROMs and stuff to populate a library on my system so that I can see how it works by default. Basically, I need to play around with it to see what proper implementation looks like in Estuary so that I'd know what I need to do in the skin.

There is also a bunch of changes made in an effort to integrate some PVR modifications suggested by a user, that is also taking a lot of time to test. Those are the two main things I'm currently dealing with, once these two tasks are completed, I will release an update.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Thanks for your reply and for this awsome work.
This skin is absolutly fantastic !
As i really appreciate and explore all the feature of this skin i have an other newbie question on this skin....
What are quicknav ? I saw in the skin parameter what We can customize thé quicknav, but what is it really ?
(2019-09-02, 23:18)MrPatate Wrote: As i really appreciate and explore all the feature of this skin i have an other newbie question on this skin....
What are quicknav ? I saw in the skin parameter what We can customize thé quicknav, but what is it really ?
Thanks for the kind words! The quicknav is another shortcuts menu that you can set up and access from almost anywhere inside the skin. For it to work, you need to add some shortcuts in the setup. You can use any shortcuts you can use in the regular main menu.

I mainly made it for mouse users, so that you can just go to the upper section and call up the shortcuts. You can still access it with a remote, it just takes a few steps. For example, to reach the nav menu from inside the library, just activate the regular submenu and go up from it. That will bring down the quicknav.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hello good morning, I have a question for Mr. Alanon lately in the main menu I can not put colors in the boxes of movies, series, images, music, etc.
(I was a while outside Alanon but if you want you can continue passing me the files to translate into Spanish)
Thank you.
error
@Alanon  excelent mod !i using it 2 weeks and its like a butter!i want to ask u something if u can help me,im using this mod for playing videos with sont video programm cause it has better quality

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220395

what i did in previous skin is edit videosd.xml and copy-replace the bookmark command with this one 

<onclick>RunScript(plugin.program.playusing)</onclick>

but in your skin i cant find the command for edit ,

can u please halp me doing that,i like this skin and i dont want to change it for this mod cause i realy like it,this mod can play a video with external player cause kodi player sucks for me

Thanks!!!
Hi Alanon
Could I flag up a very minor issue that I’ve noticed since installing Kodi 18.4, ie on opening the CoreELEC screen from the Kodi main menu, the colouring no longer matches the colour scheme I’ve chosen for the rest of Kodi.  This problem does not effect the Estuary skin. 

Otherwise still very impressed by your skin and am looking forward to the improvements you have been testing!
Cheers
Any helpHuh
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, guys. Life's been hectic for the past few months!

@reforo I see the problem! Thanks for reporting it! I'll try and figure out what's going on...

@Vitruvius3 Do you mean that the actual settings within the CoreELEC window have changed colours, or that 18.4 somehow garbled that one shortcut entry?

@Frago Ok, so you had a button within the OSD mapped to run a script that forwarded the signal to an external player? If so, you can go to Includes_Window.xml and find lines 1874 and below. Those are the video OSD buttons on the left half of the screen. Each has a defined onclick command, so you should be able to try out what you used before. If you need to remap music buttons or PVR buttons, there are separate sections of buttons for those types of content, located in the same file and with the same structure.

(2019-09-19, 21:36)Alanon Wrote: @Frago Ok, so you had a button within the OSD mapped to run a script that forwarded the signal to an external player? If so, you can go to Includes_Window.xml and find lines 1874 and below. Those are the video OSD buttons on the left half of the screen. Each has a defined onclick command, so you should be able to try out what you used before. If you need to remap music buttons or PVR buttons, there are separate sections of buttons for those types of content, located in the same file and with the same structure.

Thank you very much!!!
(2019-09-19, 21:36)Alanon Wrote: @Vitruvius3 Do you mean that the actual settings within the CoreELEC window have changed colours, or that 18.4 somehow garbled that one shortcut entry?
Hi Alanon
Not entirely sure what you’re asking here, so apologies for my longish answer below, which hopefully answers the question. 

In Eminence/Kodi 18.3 my chosen colour scheme would be used for:
 - all the main menu icons (‘Library’ etc); and
 - the screen that appeared when one of those icons was selected. 

With Kodi 18.4/updated CoreELEC v 9.2.0 this still happens.  The only exception is the screen that opens when the CoreELEC icon is selected. That screen is now dark red.

I have just noticed that the revised CoreELEC logo/Kodi 18.4 splash screen launches with a similar dark red background, and that if I switch to the Estuary skin, the default screen now uses the same colour scheme, rather than the classic blue version. However, if while in Kodi 18.4 Estuary I choose one of the optional colour schemes (say: ‘Charcoal’), that colour scheme (text and background) is used throughout, including (unlike with Eminence) the CoreELEC screen.

I am not sure how easy it is to fix the Eminence screen, or whether it effects any of the other ELECs. I merely flagged this up as a very minor issue that you might want to investigate at some stage, and certainly wouldn’t want you to spend too much time over it.
Cheers
Is there anyway you can get the media count totals to show in the tv and movie hubs?
thanks
Hi @Alanon

along time ago I sent you some pull request via github but've since forgotten about it ;-)...
Now after reinstalling I stumbled upon the old issues (minor inconveniences) I had with the skin...

So my question is: did you ever see these pull request?
https://github.com/Alanon202/skin.eminence.2.mod/pulls

Would love to see these integrated in the master so I can get rid of my fork ;-)

best regards
Anthrax
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21