• 14(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-03-15, 13:42)Kr1ss Wrote: Hi there, thx a lot for your work on this amazing mod ! Great to see this project getting better and better due to your interaction with the community.
I have encountered a small issue with the display of user ruatings in the library views. When weather info in the header is switched off, the rating is not completely visible. Seems it's aligned to the clock rather than to the right of the screen.
Greatly appreciate this skin and enjoy its fantastic performance on Fire TV Stick 1. Smile

Whoops! Will be fixed in the next update!

Thanks for the kind words! Big Grin

(2017-03-15, 15:45)jdig4240 Wrote: Is there an option is the skin somewhere to Enable automatic fullscreen music playpack when you play a song??

If you mean like a switch to go to the OSD right after clicking on play, then... not yet. Big Grin

I'll code it in for the next update. Wink
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-15, 02:35)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 23:34)eurogroovem5 Wrote: Alanon,

Good day. Had a few issues arise and felt that I had to bring them to your attention. I appreciate the work and effort you put into hearing our issues.

-I am hiding submenu icons. When I click reload skin on the power submenu, the skin reloads but ignores the hide submenu icons toggle and alas, i see the icons. I retry the toggle and cant get the icons to disappear.

-I am trying to have Library as a submenu item. ActivateWindow(LibrarySettings) Does not work for me. Anyone else?

A few ideas I want to throw out there...

-RSS on Text Only home bar. Perhaps an option for above or below the home bar as well.

-Replace widget fanart with background on a per hub basis instead of all or none.
I have a wallpaper heavy build. I wanted to lighten the build size by removing a percentage of wallpapers and just use the widget fanart as backgrounds on some of the hubs. Turns out that some widgets just give me a white background.

-Hub images have the ability to link to a certain add-on folder. i understand that I can just set it using the hub widget. I just find that hub images load instantaneously and some hub widgets take a few minutes.

1. I've never had that happen. I've tried toying with it now, and can't reproduce it. The only thing that comes to mind is that something went wrong in saving the skin settings. You might try re-toggling the submenu type first, and then the icons? Sometimes these things get borked, probably due to Skin Helper sensitivity. Alternatively, you might try delving into the userdata settings.xml file manually, to try and see if the proper setting is present? As a last resort, move that file somewhere else, so that you might try resetting all the skin settings to see if it will work out of the box.

2. As far as I know, there's no such window. If you're trying to access the library settings themselves (where the library source buttons - Videos... Music... Pictures... are located), then use ActivateWindow(mediasettings). Otherwise, you'll have to use windows by category (videos, etc...).

3. Hm... I don't use RSS, so I wasn't aware it was disabled in text only. I'll look into it.

4. What do you mean by hub images? The entries next to the widget? The shortcuts can add anything that the main menu or sub menu shortcuts can, including add-on folders. The add-on itself, however, must allow for such external browsing. Either way, as far as hub functionality is concerned, my hands are pretty much tied, since everything is handled by the script.skinshortcuts add-on.

(2017-03-14, 23:56)odelot Wrote: Hello again Alanon, I have tried Adding Source inside "Coleccion" in Kodi, (I think that this is the file manager):

With a example image, but this source not appear when I click on "Background", only appears this:

And selecting "Imagen unica" appears this:

And I can't select nothing more to navigate up of "Catoal", only inside of this, but without any folder of Android.

No, this is not it. The place you went to controls media sources. The file manager is a separate window. In both Eminence skins it can only be accessed through adding a menu or a submenu shortcut.

In the default Estuary skin, there is a File Manager shortcut in the main settings screen, you can use that if it's easier?

Once you access the file manager, then you add a source, and then it will be displayed in the image selection window.

Alanon,

2. Thank you for the tip on ActivateWindow(MediaSettings). I had to put as a custom command. While setting the action, selecting Settings and choosing Library will set the command as "ActivateWindow(LibrarySettings)".

4. I was talking about the MLS Image on the left below. If I use the a widget for the corresponding add-on, it can take some time for the widget to load up. I will usually end up with a blank space where this image is. In this attachment, I have this MLS image file selected as hub image and it is not linking to anything. When I select the images for the hub like this, the pictures load instantaneously (and some of the add-ons have horrible generic fanarts.) I was asking, if it would be possible to select a custom hub image and be able to attach a shortcut to it. Kinda best of both worlds.

https://archive.org/download/Capture_201...apture.jpg

Looking forward to your next update. #QuoteCeption
(2017-03-15, 15:45)jdig4240 Wrote: Is there an option is the skin somewhere to Enable automatic fullscreen music playpack when you play a song??

If you mean like a switch to go to the OSD right after clicking on play, then... not yet. Big Grin

I'll code it in for the next update. Wink
[/quote]

Yes, so when you play a song the OSD full screen visualization with the awesome manefeeds lyrics come up. As of now if you play a song from an addon you have to click back a bunch of times to get to music osd visualization screen. For example the skin option like this:

(2017-03-16, 01:42)eurogroovem5 Wrote: Alanon,

2. Thank you for the tip on ActivateWindow(MediaSettings). I had to put as a custom command. While setting the action, selecting Settings and choosing Library will set the command as "ActivateWindow(LibrarySettings)".

4. I was talking about the MLS Image on the left below. If I use the a widget for the corresponding add-on, it can take some time for the widget to load up. I will usually end up with a blank space where this image is. In this attachment, I have this MLS image file selected as hub image and it is not linking to anything. When I select the images for the hub like this, the pictures load instantaneously (and some of the add-ons have horrible generic fanarts.) I was asking, if it would be possible to select a custom hub image and be able to attach a shortcut to it. Kinda best of both worlds.

https://archive.org/download/Capture_201...apture.jpg

Looking forward to your next update. #QuoteCeption

Aaaaah, gotcha!

What you've described could in part be achieved by converting the widget placeholder into (yet another) shortcuts selection menu. Inside, all the other skin shortcuts features would apply, including the ability to set the custom backgrounds. At present, that add-on is the only way to create a robust-enough system for user configuration. However, this method wouldn't be a widget, and it would never have the full adaptability of a widget. As such, it would serve only in a limited number of cases, when you would want to configure each entry manually. With this in place, there'd be no point in having the actual menu shortcuts in the Hub, which is a whole other can of worms.

Another route entirely would be to try to "hack in" a single shortcut to be added when a hub image is set up. However, even that is a shot in the dark, because that's asking skin-shortcuts to recognise a shortcut within a shortcut, within a shortcut, which is very confusing. Even then, you'd have a shortcuts list, and a clickable image that doesn't rotate right next to it. In short, at this time, I just can't think of a reliable implementation.

The hub widgets were originally one spotlight widget, they were never really meant to switch between the shortcuts themselves, which is pretty evident from the current behaviour and load times. As it is right now, when you focus a shortcut, the widget reloads, because they all reuse the same container. There's nothing I can do, since that too is delegated to an add-on. It's just too much traffic, since there's a large or no limit on the number of widget entries. IMHO, the best way to use a hub is to set one universal widget, and do the rest with the shortcuts.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-16, 02:38)jdig4240 Wrote: Yes, so when you play a song the OSD full screen visualization with the awesome manefeeds lyrics come up. As of now if you play a song from an addon you have to click back a bunch of times to get to music osd visualization screen. For example the skin option like this:

Check the update to version 2.3.1, it's already in there. Tongue

(2017-03-16, 03:12)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 02:38)jdig4240 Wrote: Yes, so when you play a song the OSD full screen visualization with the awesome manefeeds lyrics come up. As of now if you play a song from an addon you have to click back a bunch of times to get to music osd visualization screen. For example the skin option like this:

Check the update to version 2.3.1, it's already in there. Tongue

Wow, you are sick, lol. TY Works perfect!!

Did you implement that fix in the includesobjects.xml to speed up the loading of lists as we discussed in PM, or should I insert it again.
When i first tried Eminence, i thought "this could be my new preferred skin".
But so many stuff was missing i was used to in other skins, especially info viewtypes and music support.
You've managed to add all of that in a matter of a few days, thx man.
Why is the background so dark? There is no setting that changes this (annoying me):

Also the black glass theme was better before, now it breaks certain settings to be displayed on screen:

(2017-03-16, 12:33)Steindenaer Wrote: Why is the background so dark? There is no setting that changes this (annoying me):

Also the black glass theme was better before, now it breaks certain settings to be displayed on screen:

Yea there is, in skin settings/Home bar Color and Opacity.

You can remove the lines with gradient.png in Includes_Furniture.xml.

Please Alanon, coud you remove this thing ?!
(2017-03-16, 13:28)Kelexel Wrote: You can remove the lines with gradient.png in Includes_Furniture.xml.

Thanks, couldn't find it Wink the gradient background is really annoying me Wink makes the skin to dark.

The themes are all broken Wink they don't look even close to the originals anymore, and blackglass and light look very weird. They don't display content when changing the home tiles for example:
(2017-03-16, 13:25)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 12:33)Steindenaer Wrote: Why is the background so dark? There is no setting that changes this (annoying me):

Yea there is, in skin settings/Home bar Color and Opacity.

No there isn't this option is to change to opacity of the home bar Wink Doesn't change the gradients of the background Wink
So when this is removed the gradient background is nomore?

There are some really nice changes in 2.3.1 ! Well done mate ! Laugh
Especially the option to instantly enter full screen when playing music is something I have been hoping to be included. Never expected it beeing in there so soon.

I recognized extrathumbs seem not to be working for me. I have them in subfolders of my movie folders named extrathumbs, just equivalent to the extrafanart, wich -by the way- are working well.
My media folders are on an SMB network share fyi, and full paths are quite long. Maybe this is causing kind of trouble ?
Huh
Of course, that's not a must-have for me but just a nice gimmick.

My best regards (and excuses for my ugly english; my native language is german) Blush

Apropos : I found no issues with the skin yet that seem to be caused by Kodi interface language set to german.
(2017-03-16, 04:14)jdig4240 Wrote: Wow, you are sick, lol. TY Works perfect!!

Did you implement that fix in the includesobjects.xml to speed up the loading of lists as we discussed in PM, or should I insert it again.

Yup, no need to replace anything, already integrated. Nod

(2017-03-16, 10:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: When i first tried Eminence, i thought "this could be my new preferred skin".
But so many stuff was missing i was used to in other skins, especially info viewtypes and music support.
You've managed to add all of that in a matter of a few days, thx man.

Heh, glad you like it, buddy. Stay tuned, there's more to come... Big Grin

Quote:
(2017-03-16, 13:28)Kelexel Wrote: You can remove the lines with gradient.png in Includes_Furniture.xml.
(2017-03-16, 14:23)Steindenaer Wrote: Thanks, couldn't find it Wink the gradient background is really annoying me Wink makes the skin to dark.

The themes are all broken Wink they don't look even close to the originals anymore, and blackglass and light look very weird. They don't display content when changing the home tiles for example:

The background isn't too dark, is it? It's still clearly visible. The point of the gradient is to constitute a difference between say, the widgets browsing and the main menu view. The gradient retracts if you are focused on the widgets, making the backgrounds clearer. The gradient is also there to ensure readability for very light elements - for example, if you have a white-ish background, the clock elements will be practically invisible. If I remove it, someone will come along later on, saying that it has issues on light backgrounds. xD If it's any consolation, I could lighten the gradient up a bit?

The problem with having too many colour options is that you can never predict how a user might configure them, and breakdowns can happen. As far as the colour themes are concerned, I haven't touched them since I introduced them. I've been aware of the dialogue problem for a while now, but I can't seem to find the reason behind it. The original Eminence has no such dialogues, but still, these are simply colour presets and shouldn't impact the functionality of dialogues. On the other hand the dialogues are all handled by Skin Helper, who knows, maybe there are compatibility issues. I've been contemplating removing the SH dialogues and returning to ordinary toggles, or even removing these extra themes, if they truly are more trouble than they are worth. @Steindenaer: From your posts, it seems like the dialogues worked for you on Black Glass, but then broke at some point? If so, can you remember which version was the last one to work? It could be that an add-on update broke something in the compatibility, or that one of my updates did so.

The skin is now a lot different than the original, if by nothing else, then by the sheer number of settings. Most of them are visual, so all these elements contribute to the different feel of the colour schemes. When I introduced the colour schemes, I said that users will have to combine the settings with the themes in order for things to work in the best possible way. That's so precisely because of the unpredictability of the combos. Sadly, I can't even predict most of the possibilities, and even if I could, coding them all in would be a nightmare. For example - if you are using a light background colour and opacity and have unchecked the new setting "Dim the settings screen" - then you will have a lighter feel on the dark themes when browsing the Settings. Use the Light theme without this setting, and you will have text bleedouts, and nothing will be very readable. But that's why the setting is there for.

• 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21