• 29(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-05-12, 03:00)rusterboy77 Wrote: Thanx for your answer and your help. I'll try to explain better.

The problem is when I enable the option you are suggesting (setup individually) and I set "never" on the specific widget (example: movies), the widget with basic info disappears and just shows me the background. It works with "always" and "on up" option but not with "never" option. Sorry again for my bad english and Thanx for your patience.

Yes, this is intentional. To be able to display only the info portion of the widget, there is a separate setting, called something like "Show widget infos" in the "Widgets" section. When this is enabled, the rectangle with the plot, etc, will display. Without it, only the background will display. By default, there is no way to display plot on some widgets and not on others, this option is reserved for the posters only.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Alanon, i was asking about the weird configuration bug earlier....I know you said you don't know how to fix it...Do you think a log might help?

I noticed it doesn't happen with the unmodified version of the skin

I really want to fix it because it just looks like crap

here is a log launching an app that causes it with the original skin

https://pastebin.com/TEXaHFsG

and here is a log launching your modded version:

https://pastebin.com/fcx97ME7
(2017-05-12, 13:50)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 03:00)rusterboy77 Wrote: Thanx for your answer and your help. I'll try to explain better.

The problem is when I enable the option you are suggesting (setup individually) and I set "never" on the specific widget (example: movies), the widget with basic info disappears and just shows me the background. It works with "always" and "on up" option but not with "never" option. Sorry again for my bad english and Thanx for your patience.

Yes, this is intentional. To be able to display only the info portion of the widget, there is a separate setting, called something like "Show widget infos" in the "Widgets" section. When this is enabled, the rectangle with the plot, etc, will display. Without it, only the background will display. By default, there is no way to display plot on some widgets and not on others, this option is reserved for the posters only.

Got it. Thanx for your answer and your great job with the skin.
Hi Alanon, how are you?

I have a question.. Somtimes, the text in the uppest part of the homescreen is hard to read as the color of the background/fanart image is the same as the fonts.. Here is an example:

I thought there was as option called: 'background overlay image'. But this doesn't do anything in my case.. I made a semi transparant image of something, and I would like to insert that over the current backgrounds, so that the fonts are always good to read..

Can you fix this?

Oh, and euuuh.. I do not want to be impatient.. But when can we expect an update again..? Blush
Hi again,

One more quick question - loving the skin btw.

Is it possible to change the way the 'Now playing' feature works for when playing music and browsing on the home screen.

Basically I was wondering if there was any way of showing the album cover art somewhere on the screen at all times when browsing the home screen and even on the other the menu's aswell? Like a now-playing widget in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Thanks in advanced,
Joe.
(2017-05-12, 14:04)wonslung Wrote: Alanon, i was asking about the weird configuration bug earlier....I know you said you don't know how to fix it...Do you think a log might help?

I noticed it doesn't happen with the unmodified version of the skin

I really want to fix it because it just looks like crap

here is a log launching an app that causes it with the original skin

https://pastebin.com/TEXaHFsG

and here is a log launching your modded version:

https://pastebin.com/fcx97ME7

Sadly, the logs don't really help, since the skins code can vary. Best I can figure, the problem is somewhere in the chain of the skin and the way it perceives the empty space that is there while the add-on loads. It probably has to do with the way the viewtypes were coded, since that's substantially different between the skins. Tracking down what specifically causes it would require massive research and a lot of time, which is in high demand for me at the moment. I'll put it on my list, of course.

(2017-05-13, 15:40)powermarcel10 Wrote: Hi Alanon, how are you?

I have a question.. Somtimes, the text in the uppest part of the homescreen is hard to read as the color of the background/fanart image is the same as the fonts.. Here is an example:

I thought there was as option called: 'background overlay image'. But this doesn't do anything in my case.. I made a semi transparant image of something, and I would like to insert that over the current backgrounds, so that the fonts are always good to read..

Can you fix this?

Oh, and euuuh.. I do not want to be impatient.. But when can we expect an update again..? Blush

Hello! Big Grin

Previously, there were several folks that complained about the overzealous darkening effect that the home screen had. For those reasons I lightened everything up some time ago. However, there's already a skin setting for these exact scenarios, it's called "Dim home". It should add a thin film that will darken the backgrounds, preventing such situations.

As far as updates go, there's an upcoming one, with some bug-fixes and a small number of minor features that folks requested over the thread. It will come round soon enough. I've got a lot of stuff that's been slowing me down. My MA has been taking away a lot of my time, then I have this PC switch-up, and I've also been trying to reproduce some of the previously mentioned bugs (with little success), and also to try to work on the vertical menu, so I'm a bit overstretched.

I've always had a list of things I wanted to add to the skin, but over the updates it's gotten smaller and smaller. The more I think about it all, the more I believe that after a point, optimisation is the way forward. That's also one of the reasons why I'm not in too great a hurry to churn out updates like I used to.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-05-13, 16:18)jdotp Wrote: Hi again,

One more quick question - loving the skin btw.

Is it possible to change the way the 'Now playing' feature works for when playing music and browsing on the home screen.

Basically I was wondering if there was any way of showing the album cover art somewhere on the screen at all times when browsing the home screen and even on the other the menu's aswell? Like a now-playing widget in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Thanks in advanced,
Joe.

Well, yes and no. Blush

It can be implemented in theory, but the way the skin is laid out, there's really very little room for such a thing. That's one of the reasons why there aren't two rows of widgets. The user has to be able to view the clock and header if he so wishes, and to manipulate the widgets in accordance to the poster options. When all these are accounted for, what remains is an extremely narrow space with a set of pre-conditions where a widget like that could be added. That sort of belies the point, since noone really wants clutter, or an option that works only if you set up some things in a specific way. Confused

There used to be a special menu in the older versions of the mod which functioned well enough as a go-between, but I haven't seen it in a long time. I don't know what happened, and I can't seem to access it. Maybe someone can shed a light. xD Here's how it used to look:

@Alanon - In official skin that is PlayerControls.xml which has an include "Window_PlayerControls" (in Includes_Window.xml) when something is playing. If nothing is playing it links to a copy of the home menu (so it acts as a quick jump to another section). Look at official skin to see how it works, not sure if it was changed in the mod?

The command to open it is:
Code:
ActivateWindow(playercontrols)

Before Krypton this command was mapped to the "m" key on the keyboard. However, in Krypton the new "menu" command is now mapped to "m" (opens what is defined in the window <menucontrol> tag, usually view menu id="9000"). So the playercontrols command moved to "Ctrl+n" in the default kodi keymap. Of course, it can be remapped by the user in their keymap or even linked to a button in the skin if desired.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi Alanon! Thanks for your reply!

You have a fair point mate.. No rushing and taking your time for things is always better.. We will be patient!

About the 'Dim home' feature.. In my case, it doesn't dim enough.. Can you point me to the image file that is responsible for this? I can overwrite it with a bit darker file.. If this is possible? One problem is, that after an update of the skin, it will be overwritten again by the Original file.. Right? So if you can make it a bit darker, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

EDIT: Is it maybe gradient1.png?
@jurialmunkey: Yes, thank you! I have no idea whether or not the section was modded, since it was long before my time. I've always known that some kind of code was there, but had no way of accessing it. Googling for the menu controls gave no clue as to the actual functional commands. Thank you again! it's been bugging me for a looooooong time. Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(2017-05-14, 12:41)powermarcel10 Wrote: Hi Alanon! Thanks for your reply!

You have a fair point mate.. No rushing and taking your time for things is always better.. We will be patient!

About the 'Dim home' feature.. In my case, it doesn't dim enough.. Can you point me to the image file that is responsible for this? I can overwrite it with a bit darker file.. If this is possible? One problem is, that after an update of the skin, it will be overwritten again by the Original file.. Right? So if you can make it a bit darker, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

There's no need for you to modify any graphics file, nor is it advisable, since the gradient is heavily re-used throughout the skin. If you change it, you'll change a lot more than you intended. The darkening effect on the home screen is achieved via a colour diffuse, so you'd need only to change the degree to which the gradient is diffused, by changing one number in the colour code. This is located inside the Includes_Furniture.xml, line 1407: <texture colordiffuse="4f000000">common/gradient.png</texture>

By changing the number 4 to, for example 6, you'll get a significantly darker overlay, from 40 to 60 percent opacity. IMO, anything over 6 is too dark. If you'd like, I'll include this change in any future updates, so that you don't have to change it all the time? Let me know if a value of 5 or 6 is good for you.

Thumbs Up 
(2017-05-14, 14:50)Alanon Wrote: @jurialmunkey: Yes, thank you! I have no idea whether or not the section was modded, since it was long before my time. I've always known that some kind of code was there, but had no way of accessing it. Googling for the menu controls gave no clue as to the actual functional commands. Thank you again! it's been bugging me for a looooooong time. Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(2017-05-14, 12:41)powermarcel10 Wrote: Hi Alanon! Thanks for your reply!

Thanks!

There's no need for you to modify any graphics file, nor is it advisable, since the gradient is heavily re-used throughout the skin. If you change it, you'll change a lot more than you intended. The darkening effect on the home screen is achieved via a colour diffuse, so you'd need only to change the degree to which the gradient is diffused, by changing one number in the colour code. This is located inside the Includes_Furniture.xml, line 1407: <texture colordiffuse="4f000000">common/gradient.png</texture>

By changing the number 4 to, for example 6, you'll get a significantly darker overlay, from 40 to 60 percent opacity. IMO, anything over 6 is too dark. If you'd like, I'll include this change in any future updates, so that you don't have to change it all the time? Let me know if a value of 5 or 6 is good for you.

Thanks! I played a bit with it and I like 7 the most.. It's a bit dark, but thats the whole dim idea for me.. Text in the header is much better to read now..
Hello guys,

Absolutely amazing skin!!!

Great job!

I have a question about the info widget. As you can see here on this picture:I have a widget which displays all the movies. http://imgur.com/a/xOYmK

But when i press info, the info window is transparant. therefore the text is not readable. See pic: http://imgur.com/a/cvFsI

How i can change this in the skin settings so that the windows is a bit darker?

Thank you very much!
Hello alanon
msgctxt "#31553"
msgid "Establece el texto del encabezado de inicio. Para ocultarlo, ingrese N/A como texto! "
msgstr ""
(2017-05-20, 16:26)maroc1994 Wrote: Hello guys,

Great job!

I have a question about the info widget. As you can see here on this picture:I have a widget which displays all the movies. http://imgur.com/a/xOYmK

But when i press info, the info window is transparant. therefore the text is not readable. See pic: http://imgur.com/a/cvFsI

Thank you very much!

Hello! Glad you like the mod! Big Grin

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the background, since there isn't any such option at the moment. Nice find! I've added a simple darkening effect to the dialogue itself, functioning as a background, which should increase readability considerably. You can expect it in the next update, which will be up soon. Wink

(2017-05-20, 17:30)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-05-20, 16:26)maroc1994 Wrote: Hello guys,

Great job!

Thank you very much!

Hello! Glad you like the mod! Big Grin

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the background, since there isn't any such option at the moment. Nice find! I've added a simple darkening effect to the dialogue itself, functioning as a background, which should increase readability considerably. You can expect it in the next update, which will be up soon. Wink

thank you very much for the fast reply!

Im looking forward to your update!
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21