• 34(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Eminence Mod is cute and I'm using it.

But I have 2 questions ...

In the future, will it be possible for the POWER-OFF option to be in a separate window? ... As in a Pop-up, and that it can be activated according to the user.

And the other ... I always wondered, why the "Settings" option has no other view modes? ... Like "list" or "frame".

Anyway, I hope they are options for future versions of the skin.

Thanks for now for the skin, it's still very cute. Smile
@Roblesolido:

Regarding the first part, the answer is yes and no. No in the sense that stuff like that is usually very difficult to implement in a stable way, and yes in the sense that Kodi already implemented in on a more or less system level. Basically, you can always exit by placing the shutdown menu as your shortcut. This would, in fact, provide you with a window from which you could choose whether you wanted to exit, reboot, etc. You also have a hotkey available anywhere in the skin. By pressing "s" you can call said shutdown menu from pretty much anywhere. The fact that it pops up as a bar from the top of the screen is a part of skin design and it obscures the other fact - that it is indeed a window. Any other way of creating something like that would be through a custom window, which is beside the point anyway, since I could still only populate it with the type of commands Kodi has provided, and they are all already includable by the user into the shutdown menu.

Regarding the second point, the answer would be mostly no. At the moment Kodi pretty much demands to have separate files and structures for the settings, so changing anything there would really mean writing a lot of code to fit specifically that. Also, even this would have to be separate for the skin settings, and the system settings. It has to do with containers and default ids and the way they can populate. That's the reason why all Kodi skins, even the most advanced ones, simply don't have actual view-types within the settings, but only and possibly minor switches or tweaks of the interface. Stuff like padding, positioning, etc. Honestly, I don't see it changing in the near future, since we would have to have some substantial change in Kodi handling for it to become easy enough to implement so that the implementation would really be practical.

Best regards, and keep enjoying the skin! Nod
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Nice skin, love the many configuration options.
Just one question: would it be possible to change the font color of highlighted parts in this skin? I mean when I have a light highlight color, I'm unable to read the text and it would be nice to make the font black in that case.

Thanks anyways :-)
@yeroentje:

Welcome! Glad you're enjoying the skin! Big Grin

DISCLAIMER: When I started to write you a response, I inadvertently veered off to writing a much more complicated elaboration.

There's no way I can deal with this on a system level, simply because the combinations are endless, and there really isn't a way for Kodi to distinguish between colour types or values. To do it in a seamless fashion, I'd either have to completely limit the colour palette and work around it, or invent a system or algorithm by which to distinguish light and dark colours in Kodi. The first would needlessly complicate things and decrease usability, and I have no clue how to do the second one. Confused

However, not all is lost! The skin was built with customisation in mind. You can solve this yourself by making your own colour theme. Basically, themes are only constant colour values defined in separate xml files located in the "colours" folder in the skin. Those values are then reused extensively in the skin. Here's a primer on the main functions of colour constants:

Code:
"Background" - Background Colour
"FanartFade" - ?
"HomeBarBG" - Home menu background
"HomeBarFG" - Home menu highlight
"HomeBarTile" - Widget tile background
"HomeWidgetBG"  - Widget posters background
"DialogBG" - Dialogue background colour
"Highlight" - Primary Highlight
"Highlight2" - Secondary Highlight
"Selected" - Focused item colour
"MainLabel" - Main Label colour (Clock, the big name in the left corner, etc)
"SubLabel" - Sub Label colour (stuff like the date under the clock)
"HomeSubLabel" - Like the Sub Label, but on the Home page
"LineLabel" - Info Labels colour
"SideArrow" - RSS text colour
"PosterBorder" - Poster Focus frame
"ListLabel" - List Item colour
"Disabled" - Colour used to distinguish disabled items in the skin
"ObjectBackground"  - Helps with the skin background panels
"ColorPicker"  - Something for the CDArtManager add-on

Now, an important thing to state is that some of these colours can be set up inside the skin, while others can't and probably never will. The reason for that is simple. I could, for example, try to add all those settings to get some kind of switch, but that would mean implementing it manually for every possible view, introducing half a dozen new skin strings, and making the configuration infinitely more complex. However, for the enthusiast, there is still the option to mod/create your own theme.

I would recommend modifying the existing theme file and creating a copy of it rather than creating your own because there have been bugs with third colour schemes that I've not been able to fix, that are not present when either of these two is used. So in order not to introduce bugs due to a third theme, I'd recommend you make your modification in the theme upon which you base your use on, and paste it over after every skin update. Or simply try and create a theme, the bugs might not appear.

With the colour schemes, you can practically create a whole new user experience, albeit with a lot of tweaking and patience. The dedicated theme thread for the skin might provide some inspiration. Be mindful that some posts in the thread are old, so you can't just copy-paste. The thread is great to find ideas for cool colour combinations that you can manually modify to use in the mod, using the primer above to match the colours to their respective functions.

Now, based on everything I've babbled about previously, the best solution to your query would be to change one of the existing theme files with the colours you would like to see. To be specific, the "Selected" colour value is what you need in this case. If you are using the default colour scheme, go to the defaults.xml, and change the default colour "fff0f0f0" to "bf181818", every time you focus an item, it will be a nice dark grey colour.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Thanks so much Alanon. I'll try this and see if it will improve readability.

(2017-06-17, 12:56)Alanon Wrote: @yeroentje:

Welcome! Glad you're enjoying the skin! Big Grin

DISCLAIMER: When I started to write you a response, I inadvertently veered off to writing a much more complicated elaboration.

There's no way I can deal with this on a system level, simply because the combinations are endless, and there really isn't a way for Kodi to distinguish between colour types or values. To do it in a seamless fashion, I'd either have to completely limit the colour palette and work around it, or invent a system or algorithm by which to distinguish light and dark colours in Kodi. The first would needlessly complicate things and decrease usability, and I have no clue how to do the second one. Confused

However, not all is lost! The skin was built with customisation in mind. You can solve this yourself by making your own colour theme. Basically, themes are only constant colour values defined in separate xml files located in the "colours" folder in the skin. Those values are then reused extensively in the skin. Here's a primer on the main functions of colour constants:

Code:
"Background" - Background Colour
"FanartFade" - ?
"HomeBarBG" - Home menu background
"HomeBarFG" - Home menu highlight
"HomeBarTile" - Widget tile background
"HomeWidgetBG"  - Widget posters background
"DialogBG" - Dialogue background colour
"Highlight" - Primary Highlight
"Highlight2" - Secondary Highlight
"Selected" - Focused item colour
"MainLabel" - Main Label colour (Clock, the big name in the left corner, etc)
"SubLabel" - Sub Label colour (stuff like the date under the clock)
"HomeSubLabel" - Like the Sub Label, but on the Home page
"LineLabel" - Info Labels colour
"SideArrow" - RSS text colour
"PosterBorder" - Poster Focus frame
"ListLabel" - List Item colour
"Disabled" - Colour used to distinguish disabled items in the skin
"ObjectBackground"  - Helps with the skin background panels
"ColorPicker"  - Something for the CDArtManager add-on

Now, an important thing to state is that some of these colours can be set up inside the skin, while others can't and probably never will. The reason for that is simple. I could, for example, try to add all those settings to get some kind of switch, but that would mean implementing it manually for every possible view, introducing half a dozen new skin strings, and making the configuration infinitely more complex. However, for the enthusiast, there is still the option to mod/create your own theme.

I would recommend modifying the existing theme file and creating a copy of it rather than creating your own because there have been bugs with third colour schemes that I've not been able to fix, that are not present when either of these two is used. So in order not to introduce bugs due to a third theme, I'd recommend you make your modification in the theme upon which you base your use on, and paste it over after every skin update. Or simply try and create a theme, the bugs might not appear.

With the colour schemes, you can practically create a whole new user experience, albeit with a lot of tweaking and patience. The dedicated theme thread for the skin might provide some inspiration. Be mindful that some posts in the thread are old, so you can't just copy-paste. The thread is great to find ideas for cool colour combinations that you can manually modify to use in the mod, using the primer above to match the colours to their respective functions.

Now, based on everything I've babbled about previously, the best solution to your query would be to change one of the existing theme files with the colours you would like to see. To be specific, the "Selected" colour value is what you need in this case. If you are using the default colour scheme, go to the defaults.xml, and change the default colour "fff0f0f0" to "bf181818", every time you focus an item, it will be a nice dark grey colour.
@Alanon - RE: your question mark about what FanartFade colour definition is for.
In the default skin this is used for a colordiffuse on a fullscreen white.png that is overlayed on top of the fanart - so basically by tweaking its alpha channel you can change how much the fanart is faded (and if you make it a colour rather than gray you can get a colour overlay). I think in the mod this is replaced with a user changeable setting though - not sure if it still uses it for the default setting.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
How would I add the ability to have a widget to show genre, actor, director etc for my offline collection?
(2017-06-17, 15:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Alanon - RE: your question mark about what FanartFade colour definition is for.
In the default skin this is used for a colordiffuse on a fullscreen white.png that is overlayed on top of the fanart - so basically by tweaking its alpha channel you can change how much the fanart is faded (and if you make it a colour rather than gray you can get a colour overlay). I think in the mod this is replaced with a user changeable setting though - not sure if it still uses it for the default setting.

It could be that it's used as a fallback, not sure though.

(2017-06-17, 21:13)XC-3730C Wrote: How would I add the ability to have a widget to show genre, actor, director etc for my offline collection?

If you have the Libary Data Provider Add-on, then go to the widget selection menu, then scroll down to Video Library/ Movies or TV Shows, and that will lead you to the Genre, Title, Actors etc subfolders for the video type.

(2017-06-17, 22:28)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Alanon - RE: your question mark about what FanartFade colour definition is for.

It could be that it's used as a fallback, not sure though.

(2017-06-17, 21:13)XC-3730C Wrote: How would I add the ability to have a widget to show genre, actor, director etc for my offline collection?

If you have the Libary Data Provider Add-on, then go to the widget selection menu, then scroll down to Video Library/ Movies or TV Shows, and that will lead you to the Genre, Title, Actors etc subfolders for the video type.
I don't see a selection of widgets. This screenshot is all I see when opening the
Libary Data Provider Add-onImage

To clarify what I wanna do, I want to be able to have a widget on the home screen for my offline TV shows and Movies that let's me choose genres, actors, directors, year, etc
There's nothing in the add-on menus themselves. The widget selection menu is located in the home menu setup (Skin Settings/ Customise Home menu). Asides from being able to set up almost anything as a home menu shortcut, each home menu entry can be assigned a widget.

When you click the setting it will pop up a window. Inside you'll find the "Widget" button of a selected menu entry. Upon clicking it, you'll reach the widget selection menu for the given main menu shortcut.

I figured it out.

When I go into the customize home menu, the widget for my offline shows is TV Shows, and the widget for my offline movies is Movies.

Thanks!
Great thanks Alanon for reviving this fantastic skin. It's been my choice for Krypton after using Mimic with Jarvis. I love seeing the continued development and features!

One thing I'd like to suggest, if it's possible, or even if you can point me in the right direction, is some kind of visual 'caching' or 'buffering' display when the internet based stream isn't keeping up the pace. I use this skin on a few friends and family members devices, and they always seem to think their box has frozen, as they never seem to think to bring up the menu or move the mouse to display the CACHE display in the top corner. Other skins I've used in the Jarvis days may dim the screen and display a percentage, or may give a little loading circle in the middle of the screen.

It's also quite possible it can be enabled somewhere already that I've missed too...

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
(2017-06-20, 03:40)lparker Wrote: Great thanks Alanon for reviving this fantastic skin. It's been my choice for Krypton after using Mimic with Jarvis. I love seeing the continued development and features!

One thing I'd like to suggest, if it's possible, or even if you can point me in the right direction, is some kind of visual 'caching' or 'buffering' display when the internet based stream isn't keeping up the pace. I use this skin on a few friends and family members devices, and they always seem to think their box has frozen, as they never seem to think to bring up the menu or move the mouse to display the CACHE display in the top corner. Other skins I've used in the Jarvis days may dim the screen and display a percentage, or may give a little loading circle in the middle of the screen.

It's also quite possible it can be enabled somewhere already that I've missed too...

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Thanks! Big Grin

If I recall correctly, the skin (or Kodi) distinguishes between you pausing the video and letting it buffer, and the video itself pausing because it cannot continue playing without buffering. However, shouldn't the "Caching" text pop up on its own along with the rest of the OSD when buffering starts? Could you confirm?

At the moment there is no setting, but I should be able to think of something more intuitive. If the menu appears and then disappears, it could be as simple as making it so. The biggest problem for me would be to find a sufficiently slow source, so I can tweak this properly.

@Alanon - re: Caching. You are missing a condition for this in Includes_Furniture.xml for Furniture_TopBar. Prior to Krypton when the video was caching it would pause so it didn't need a separate condition, but in Krypton it doesn't set Player.Paused when caching and so needs its own condition - i.e. Player.Caching

In line 1397 & 1421 you need to add a condition for Player.Caching with the other player conditions. You might also need to add something similar to the seekbar in Includes_Window.xml

e.g.

<visible>[Window.IsVisible(home) + ![Control.HasFocus(9001) | Control.HasFocus(9101)]] | [Window.IsVisible(DialogSeekBar.xml) + [Player.Caching | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsVisible(DialogFullScreenInfo.xml) | Window.IsVisible(musicosd) | Window.IsVisible(videoosd)]] | Window.IsVisible(DialogBusy.xml) | ![Window.IsVisible(home) | Window.IsVisible(DialogSeekBar.xml)] | Window.IsVisible(script-script.extendedinfo-DialogVideoInfo.xml) | Window.IsVisible(script-script.extendedinfo-DialogInfo.xml)</visible>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@jurialmunkey: Wow, amazing catch! I swear, it's like you have all the code in your head!

• 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21