• 46(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-08-08, 01:43)Jay19802005 Wrote: I taught there was a a way to color media flags or something to add color to them instead of just whitr?

Nope, neither the skin nor the mod have it? You're probably thinking of the older skins like Aeon, or Aeon Madnox?
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-08-07, 16:45)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-08-07, 16:07)Jay19802005 Wrote: Where would we get artwork beef from alanon

Here is a link to the forum thread. You can download the author's repo from there, and also get to know the differences and proper procedures for the add-on. Wink

Keep in mind that it works differently than AD, and it doesn't download the artwork to your HDD, it needs to be cached by Kodi, which takes longer, and I presume discourages many from using it.

Alanon,

Thanks for the tip. Have tried Artwork Beef & it seems to work pretty well, at least for what I need it for. Didn't need to uninstall AD, for now have just left it in case it gets fixed.
(2017-08-08, 08:45)taurus35 Wrote: Alanon,

Thanks for the tip. Have tried Artwork Beef & it seems to work pretty well, at least for what I need it for. Didn't need to uninstall AD, for now have just left it in case it gets fixed.

Yes, that's pretty much what I did as well, though I had to disable it until I figured out just how to set-up Beef properly.

It has some compatibility mode for AD, whereby it defaults to using the local artwork it downloaded, it if is present. For some reason, that did not work for me, so I had to purge all artwork and delete all caches, then use Beef and load from the ground up, and re-cache using one of the utilities.

Save for these starting pains, it's been absolutely perfect for me. The one thing it lacks is thumbs (nicely enough, that can very easily be bypassed by downloading the thumbs with AD), but movie-set artwork support more than makes up for it.

Anyways, glad you've found it useful! Nod

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
never tried it before, but start loving it!

Question1: Are there only 2 types of widget layouts for the main menu? [only see poster or default/no poster]

Question2: When using View ClearLogo\Logo List .. i don't see Logos but Clear Logo on top. Do i need to install another skin helper?

Thx and keep on the good work!
Ok, I've got some "issues":

Issue 1: Running this Skin on my Libreelec Install of Kodi. When using the official Plex plugin and viewing content the "top and bottom" information bars never go away. I guess the best way to explain it; it letterboxes the movie I'm watching with the name of the movie, the time left, and the "progress bar". It's not transparent either so it cuts off the movie and subtitles, etc. I originally thought it was a PLEX plugin issue but when I changed back to the default skin, the issue is no longer there.

Issue 2: One of my installs of this skin has the ability to have an "alphabet" show up when browsing. However, on my HTPC I can not get this "alphabet" to show up (in other words if I want to see all the movies that begin with Q, I can jump directly to Q). I've compared the settings on my HTPC and my Android box and they are the same. Yet the Android box has the "Alphabet" while the HTPC doesn't. I need it WAY more on the HTPC (Win10x64) then I do the Android Box. lol
I am stil readin trough the topics, but this picture found on page 6 shows the problems as well. When changing the background color and make it more transparent, the background for text boxes and lists will almost disappear.

Where [XML File?] would i need to change the transaprancy for these boxes in the misc. view types.

Also i like to change the color for the title within the widget, i dislike the yellow
question above has been answered in https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2615648

@ll: what are your settings for background color/transparency and for the widgets on the main menu? i like to get some impressions
(2017-08-08, 09:59)PX80 Wrote: never tried it before, but start loving it!
Question1: Are there only 2 types of widget layouts for the main menu? [only see poster or default/no poster]
Question2: When using View ClearLogo\Logo List .. i don't see Logos but Clear Logo on top. Do i need to install another skin helper?
Thx and keep on the good work!

Hello! Glad you're liking it!

1. You can also customise when the widgets will appear, for example never, always, or on pressing up. You can also do it individually, or for all of them. But yes, essentially, they only have the two components, the posted section and the text section.

2. There are two views - ClearArt List shows the ClearArt at the bottom (in the list) and logo at the top, and Logos List shows only logos at the bottom, and nothing at the top.

(2017-08-08, 13:45)Usafle Wrote: Ok, I've got some "issues":

Issue 1: Running this Skin on my Libreelec Install of Kodi. When using the official Plex plugin and viewing content the "top and bottom" information bars never go away. I guess the best way to explain it; it letterboxes the movie I'm watching with the name of the movie, the time left, and the "progress bar". It's not transparent either so it cuts off the movie and subtitles, etc. I originally thought it was a PLEX plugin issue but when I changed back to the default skin, the issue is no longer there.

Issue 2: One of my installs of this skin has the ability to have an "alphabet" show up when browsing. However, on my HTPC I can not get this "alphabet" to show up (in other words if I want to see all the movies that begin with Q, I can jump directly to Q). I've compared the settings on my HTPC and my Android box and they are the same. Yet the Android box has the "Alphabet" while the HTPC doesn't. I need it WAY more on the HTPC (Win10x64) then I do the Android Box. lol

1. A user posted a fix for Plex a few pages back, so you can look for it, he said it worked for him. I would have integrated it into the skin, but the fix came from the add-on developer's GitHub, and I was under the impression that it was integrated into Plex? Huh

2. There should be a setting to enable it within the skin, it's called "Use alphabet scrollbar" (Skin Settings / Library). Enabling it should allow for it to show up? If the setting is enabled and still doesn't work, there's a chance something did not save properly in the skin settings.xml, so I'd try toggling it, and if that doesn't work, you can try to go in the skin's userdata folder and check out whether "AlphabetScrollbar" has a value of true or false.

(2017-08-08, 15:04)PX80 Wrote: question above has been answered in https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2615648

@ll: what are your settings for background color/transparency and for the widgets on the main menu? i like to get some impressions

Transparency is configured with the "Background colour and opacity" option, located in the Skin Settings / Background section. There, you can select any colour from the available palette's and its transparency. So you can pick and choose whatever you like/looks best for you. Most skins won't allow you to go past a transparency threshold, so you would be able to read everything regardless what you choose. I've always thought that the options are nice to have, but it does require careful testing.The same goes for all the colours in the Colours setting section. As far as the amber colour for the widgets, that is the skin's secondary colour, also configurable from Skin Settings / Colours section.

With regards to potential colour combinations, there are only two ways of solving the issue you've pointed out. One is simply using less transparent backgrounds, with 70, 80 or even 90% opacity of the chosen colour. This will dim the fanart and make the text more readable. Of course, for a more coherent experience, the dark skin theme looks better with darker colours and darker dims. The other solution is to retain the more transparent colour, but use it with the dark interface setting, which will replace the transparent rectangles with much darker ones, thus improving readability on transparent backgrounds. Other than severely limiting the colour choice, I see no other solution.

As for my example, you can see it in the gallery at the first post of the topic. I use the dark interface combined with a very transparent background, a simple black colour with opacity at 35%, colour code 5a000000. Also, if you use something similar, there is a setting called Dim Settings, which will darken the background in the settings, to ensure even more readability when using transparent background colours.

So I just started a fresh install of kodi, and the only thing I've put on so far are Eminence and it's dependencies. When I go to the power button and choose to update skin, it updates then quits/crashes. I was having this issue before with my build, but figured it was some addons not interacting properly. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if it is one of the dependencies causing the problem. I'm on a Firestick with 17.3.
Also, the backup/restore feature isn't giving me a replica of my skin when I restore it. It pulls a few features, but most are some sort of stock/default options.

I changed the folder for backup/restore files to my download folder on android... would that make a difference?
(2017-08-08, 19:33)stevo629 Wrote: Also, the backup/restore feature isn't giving me a replica of my skin when I restore it. It pulls a few features, but most are some sort of stock/default options.

I changed the folder for backup/restore files to my download folder on android... would that make a difference?

I moved the backup file to the default location and that seemed to fix the restore issue.
@stevo69: As far as the update crashes, can you replicate it and post a log? I haven't encountered that issue before.

As for the second issue, I believe it was due to problematic writing permissions in the location, or the settings.xml that was backed up.

(2017-08-08, 16:51)Alanon Wrote: 1. A user posted a fix for Plex a few pages back, so you can look for it, he said it worked for him. I would have integrated it into the skin, but the fix came from the add-on developer's GitHub, and I was under the impression that it was integrated into Plex? Huh

Found the fix (for anyone else looking for it) here!
However, I don't have a damn clue what to do with that.... but I'm posting it here for anyone else that may have the issue and come looking.
Hi there... can i say thanks for this amazing skin mod... super fast.. great!..

Just a quick question...
In relation to widgets..Can i stop the home bar from hiding when pointer is raised?

That would be such a help...ive looked in the xml lists for the skin... can't figure it out..

Many thanks
Nick.
(2017-08-09, 02:30)Usafle Wrote: Found the fix (for anyone else looking for it) here!
However, I don't have a damn clue what to do with that.... but I'm posting it here for anyone else that may have the issue and come looking.

I believe he simply downloaded that file and placed it in the add-on's resource folder location (Kodi/addons/whatever name plex has/resources/skins/Main/1080i/script-plex-seek_dialog.xml). That's why I thought it was already integrated, the fix it's among the very files the add-on uses.

(2017-08-09, 05:08)oksauce Wrote: Hi there... can i say thanks for this amazing skin mod... super fast.. great!..

Just a quick question...
In relation to widgets..Can i stop the home bar from hiding when pointer is raised?

That would be such a help...ive looked in the xml lists for the skin... can't figure it out..

Many thanks
Nick.

Hello and welcome to the skin! Big Grin At the moment it's not possible. Some of it in the Includes_Window.xml, but there's a whole system of animations behind it. There are animations for RSS, for the main menu, for the widgets, for the submenu, and one of each for each of the varying main menu views and the various combinations between them.

The main reason why that's so is space. Simply put, if the menu did not move down, then fanart would never be fully visible, and everything would look cluttered, especially when, for example, the sub-menu would descend on an already raised up main menu and widgets. Vertically, there's only so much space we have, and the animations are trying to keep things elegant.

On the other hand, it also keeps things like what is focused very clear. If you are using a mouse and not a remote, things can get slightly annoying on the home screen, but the cursor has a focus role in that case, and it is able to click on the widgets and pull down the submenu from the top as well. I personally use it this way, and I haven't got that much issues after getting used to it.

• 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21